Digest for rec.sport.tennis@googlegroups.com - 25 updates in 6 topics

Friday, July 14, 2017

Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: Jul 14 10:50AM -0700

Berd didn't have the knockout punch in him. All that stands in the Great Man's way now is a chemically enhanced Croat.
jdeluise <jdeluise@gmail.com>: Jul 14 05:52PM

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 10:50:57 -0700, Gracchus wrote:
 
> Berd didn't have the knockout punch in him. All that stands in the Great
> Man's way now is a chemically enhanced Croat.
 
chemically enhanced Croat with sneaky eyes?
Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: Jul 14 10:54AM -0700

On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 10:52:03 AM UTC-7, jdeluise wrote:
 
> > Berd didn't have the knockout punch in him. All that stands in the Great
> > Man's way now is a chemically enhanced Croat.
 
> chemically enhanced Croat with sneaky eyes?
 
Ah yes, can't forget those sneaky little Croatian eyes.
TT <ascii@dprk.kp>: Jul 14 08:10PM +0300

TT kirjoitti 14.7.2017 klo 19:59:
 
> Having currently scoreboard open, might tune in for some tie-breaks.
> Watching French art films instead. Hell, even they are more fun than
> this serve fest tournament.
 
...Well except Godard's 'Weekend' which is one of the worst films I've
ever seen. And I think that was intentional, too. And the critics bought
it, since the film 'criticizes society and modern film making' or some
such. So yeah, even Wimbledon is less boring. If you watch just
tie-breaks. And surprise surprise - another tb for Fed... must be hell
of a interesting match... ;-P
Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: Jul 14 10:42AM -0700

On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 10:10:25 AM UTC-7, TT wrote:
> such. So yeah, even Wimbledon is less boring. If you watch just
> tie-breaks. And surprise surprise - another tb for Fed... must be hell
> of a interesting match... ;-P
 
I hate "Weekend" and I'll always hate Godard for making it. It's comparable to the deliberately shitty albums Bob Dylan made or poor Brando performances. Just a big middle finger to the audience that got them where they were in the first place.
 
But none of that's anything like blue-chip Wimbledon--king of championships!
TT <ascii@dprk.kp>: Jul 14 08:54PM +0300

Gracchus kirjoitti 14.7.2017 klo 20:42:
>> tie-breaks. And surprise surprise - another tb for Fed... must be hell
>> of a interesting match... ;-P
 
> I hate "Weekend" and I'll always hate Godard for making it. It's comparable to the deliberately shitty albums Bob Dylan made or poor Brando performances. Just a big middle finger to the audience that got them where they were in the first place.
 
What's hilarious is that critics give 'Weekend' top marks. If it was
made by some unknown/unfrench director they'd give around 2/10, same
that I did...
 
That one extra point comes from nice (although overlong) traffic jam
scene. Sad!
 
Ok, I'll watch that French film now. :)
PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com>: Jul 14 01:50PM -0400

lol
 
 
----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: Jul 14 10:53AM -0700

On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 10:50:31 AM UTC-7, PeteWasLucky wrote:
 
> lol
 
Whisp was hoping he'd go to sleep and wake to the morning headline: "Berdych shocks Federer to make Wimbledon final!!!"
Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: Jul 14 10:12AM -0700

On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 10:06:44 AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote:

> Fed can't afford to relax. If Berdych wins set 2 he'll be in big
> trouble.
 
Yeah, but uh....
 
> He already looks like he's tiring.
 
LOL. Right, Raonic really wore him out.
PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com>: Jul 14 01:13PM -0400


> ---
> This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
> http://www.avg.com
 
Who is getting tired?
--
 
 
----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com>: Jul 15 03:15AM +1000

On 15/07/2017 3:12 AM, Gracchus wrote:
 
>> He already looks like he's tiring.
 
> LOL. Right, Raonic really wore him out.
 
I'm not kidding. Fed is 36 & stamina is not what it was. In fact I
don't think he's out of the woods in this match if Berdych can win set
3. Fed better wrap it up in 3.
 
I'm thinking either way Cilic is going to be a nightmare for anyone in
the final.
 
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com>: Jul 15 03:17AM +1000

On 15/07/2017 3:13 AM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
 
> Who is getting tired?
 
Me actually. It's 3:16am here & I have to play tennis tomorrow. Might
hit the sack.
 
My prediction for this match is if Fed doesn't win in 3 he's out.
 
Nighty night.
 
: )
TT <ascii@dprk.kp>: Jul 14 08:21PM +0300

PeteWasLucky kirjoitti 14.7.2017 klo 20:13:
>> This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
>> http://www.avg.com
 
> Who is getting tired?
 
Not with Swiss medicine.
jdeluise <jdeluise@gmail.com>: Jul 14 05:51PM

On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 03:17:43 +1000, Whisper wrote:
 
> hit the sack.
 
> My prediction for this match is if Fed doesn't win in 3 he's out.
 
> Nighty night.
 
Whisper will wake up and punch his pillow and throw the alarm clock
across the room.
Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com>: Jul 15 03:10AM +1000

On 15/07/2017 3:04 AM, Gracchus wrote:
>> for Fed. I will never relate to that. It only makes sense if Fed is
>> your brother or something, but a true sports fan you most certainly are not.
 
> First of all, stop whining. You should be happy that a fellow Croatian cheater is in the Wimbledon final. And putting McEnroe's Chris Lewis match alongside Borg-Tanner is really stupid, because I remember the latter, and it was an excellent 5-setter. Tanner did a hell of a lot better vs. Borg than Connors the previous year.
 
 
You get my point though?
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
TT <ascii@dprk.kp>: Jul 14 08:15PM +0300

Gracchus kirjoitti 14.7.2017 klo 20:04:
> First of all, stop whining. You should be happy that a fellow Croatian cheater is in the Wimbledon final.
 
lol
 
Haven't heard anything from Fedfans about Cilic's doping so far. Somehow
I thought that won't be the case after him getting to final...
 
But don't worry: Fed has been juicing whole clay season.
Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: Jul 14 10:21AM -0700

On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 10:10:50 AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote:
> >> your brother or something, but a true sports fan you most certainly are not.
 
> > First of all, stop whining. You should be happy that a fellow Croatian cheater is in the Wimbledon final. And putting McEnroe's Chris Lewis match alongside Borg-Tanner is really stupid, because I remember the latter, and it was an excellent 5-setter. Tanner did a hell of a lot better vs. Borg than Connors the previous year.
 
> You get my point though?
 
And my point is that your comparisons are false and deliberately misleading, as usual. Chris Lewis was unseeded at Wimbledon '83. Cilic is the #7 seed at Wimbledon '17. Rafa not clearing the 4th round wasn't a fluke. He didn't make the final because he didn't deserve to. Your prediction of him getting there and crushing Federer in straight sets was worse than wishful thinking. It was a silly pipe dream.
TT <ascii@dprk.kp>: Jul 14 08:29PM +0300

Gracchus kirjoitti 14.7.2017 klo 20:21:
 
>>> First of all, stop whining. You should be happy that a fellow Croatian cheater is in the Wimbledon final. And putting McEnroe's Chris Lewis match alongside Borg-Tanner is really stupid, because I remember the latter, and it was an excellent 5-setter. Tanner did a hell of a lot better vs. Borg than Connors the previous year.
 
>> You get my point though?
 
> And my point is that your comparisons are false and deliberately misleading, as usual. Chris Lewis was unseeded at Wimbledon '83. Cilic is the #7 seed at Wimbledon '17. Rafa not clearing the 4th round wasn't a fluke. He didn't make the final because he didn't deserve to. Your prediction of him getting there and crushing Federer in straight sets was worse than wishful thinking. It was a silly pipe dream.
 
Muller was a typical big serving 'spoiler', nothing more.
Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: Jul 14 10:32AM -0700

On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 10:28:58 AM UTC-7, TT wrote:
 
> >> You get my point though?
 
> > And my point is that your comparisons are false and deliberately misleading, as usual. Chris Lewis was unseeded at Wimbledon '83. Cilic is the #7 seed at Wimbledon '17. Rafa not clearing the 4th round wasn't a fluke. He didn't make the final because he didn't deserve to. Your prediction of him getting there and crushing Federer in straight sets was worse than wishful thinking. It was a silly pipe dream.
 
> Muller was a typical big serving 'spoiler', nothing more.
 
So what were Rosol, Darcis, Brown, etc.? Not to mention Kyrgios and...oh, now I've lost count. Rafa's results have sucked at Wimbledon since, what--2010? The FO wins inflate his seeding there, and then this happens. No fluke.
TT <ascii@dprk.kp>: Jul 14 08:37PM +0300

Gracchus kirjoitti 14.7.2017 klo 20:32:
 
>>> And my point is that your comparisons are false and deliberately misleading, as usual. Chris Lewis was unseeded at Wimbledon '83. Cilic is the #7 seed at Wimbledon '17. Rafa not clearing the 4th round wasn't a fluke. He didn't make the final because he didn't deserve to. Your prediction of him getting there and crushing Federer in straight sets was worse than wishful thinking. It was a silly pipe dream.
 
>> Muller was a typical big serving 'spoiler', nothing more.
 
> So what were Rosol, Darcis, Brown, etc.? Not to mention Kyrgios and...oh, now I've lost count. Rafa's results have sucked at Wimbledon since, what--2010? The FO wins inflate his seeding there, and then this happens. No fluke.
 
Whisper's point was that you'd rather take Querrey over Cilic, or Muller
over Nadal to the final against Fed.
 
There is such thing as 'draw opening up'... Better player does not
always win...
Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: Jul 14 10:49AM -0700

On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 10:37:41 AM UTC-7, TT wrote:
 
> Whisper's point was that you'd rather take Querrey over Cilic, or Muller
> over Nadal to the final against Fed.
 
You're seriously saying this? Plenty of times I've seen you say you want the player that's the greatest danger to Nadal lose to clear the way for him. When Djoke was trouncing him over and over, you were rooting for Djoke's opponent all the time.
 
> There is such thing as 'draw opening up'... Better player does not
> always win...
 
Yes...just as the player with the higher seeding doesn't always deserve it.
PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com>: Jul 14 01:16PM -0400

Federer needs a break at the third
 
 
----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
TT <ascii@dprk.kp>: Jul 14 08:22PM +0300

PeteWasLucky kirjoitti 14.7.2017 klo 20:16:
 
> Federer needs a break at the third
 
> ----Android NewsGroup Reader----
> http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
 
lol
 
Shut up already... you make it sound like it's situation critical for
Fed, leading 2-0.
Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: Jul 14 10:28AM -0700

On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 10:22:28 AM UTC-7, TT wrote:
 
> lol
 
> Shut up already... you make it sound like it's situation critical for
> Fed, leading 2-0.
 
Not over till it's over. This is like Lennox Lewis vs. Mike Tyson. Lewis was dismantling him, but his trainer had to remind him, "You've got a dangerous man in front of you." Crucial to stay focused.
 
Not an exact analogy because Tyson was a former fearsome champion and Berd is a stooge that gets lucky once in a blue moon when real champions implode. But I'm sure you catch my drift. :)
TT <ascii@dprk.kp>: Jul 14 08:32PM +0300

Gracchus kirjoitti 14.7.2017 klo 20:28:
>> Fed, leading 2-0.
 
> Not over till it's over. This is like Lennox Lewis vs. Mike Tyson. Lewis was dismantling him, but his trainer had to remind him, "You've got a dangerous man in front of you." Crucial to stay focused.
 
> Not an exact analogy because Tyson was a former fearsome champion and Berd is a stooge that gets lucky once in a blue moon when real champions implode. But I'm sure you catch my drift. :)
 
Yes, these are desperate times for Fedfans I'm sure. Berdych could K.O.
him any moment now. Just one good shot and it's over!
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.tennis+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment