Digest for alt.sports.football.pro.sf-49ers@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 2 topics

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Benard Atkins <batkins700@gmail.com>: Feb 18 11:36AM -0800

http://bit.ly/2EAqwcx
La casa siempre gana <not@quite.yet>: Feb 18 09:41AM -0500

On 2/17/2018 11:05 PM, John Walsh wrote:
 
> Go **** youself! I'll express my opinion wherever I please and when
> it comes to who won the election, neither of them was worth a plug
> nickel.
 
STFU tall can.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to alt.sports.football.pro.sf-49ers+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Digest for rec.sport.football.college@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 4 topics

jim brown <jimbrowndoc@yahoo.com>: Feb 18 08:08PM -0800

On Sunday, February 18, 2018 at 3:21:52 PM UTC-5, Michael Press wrote:
> Never upgrade the OS.
 
> --
> Michael Press
 
 
 
 
My Iphone has upgraded the OS by itself, after I repeatedly denied it dozens of times.
 
 
Same for my PC...woke up at 2 am and it was updating to windows 10 ? when I was very happy with 7 and again had denied it almost daily for months...it never worked right again.
unclejr <watsona64@gmail.com>: Feb 18 07:46PM -0800

On Sunday, February 18, 2018 at 7:20:14 PM UTC-6, Some dued wrote:
> Is she a goer?
 
D'yer Mak'er?
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Feb 18 07:33PM -0800

In article <7d807d7d-a638-43ce-b7b2-c89b9f1b51f8@googlegroups.com>,
> > LOL. None of you have google?'
 
> > Literally "Obama Camelot" and the first few hits are exactly what I said.
 
> thats a bad way to do a google search to see how strong the connection is. You pick anyone/anything where there are literally a billion hits(obama) associated with it followed by your preferred association and its going to have a lot of hits.
 
And then you _read_ the pages.
 
--
Michael Press
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com>: Feb 18 02:09PM -0800

Being a bitter woman hater is a pretty sad existence.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.football.college+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Digest for rec.sport.football.college@googlegroups.com - 25 updates in 7 topics

"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com>: Feb 18 02:08PM -0800

"I don't think I ever heard anyone referring to the Obama administration as the second coming of Camelot except a few conservatives like you..."
 
That's interesting. The first four search hits were stories about Camelot being continued, Obama as the heir, etc. from CNN HUFFPO, etc.
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Feb 18 04:39PM -0800

What were the dates of those stories?
unclejr <watsona64@gmail.com>: Feb 18 04:42PM -0800

On Sunday, February 18, 2018 at 6:39:04 PM UTC-6, xyzzy wrote:
> What were the dates of those stories?
 
2008.
michael anderson <mianderson79@gmail.com>: Feb 18 05:22PM -0800

have to agree with plai here....there definately wasnt a camelot angle for the most part in the msm to the obama years. there was a lot of incessant fawning over this post-racial nonsense though....
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com>: Feb 18 05:29PM -0800

LOL. None of you have google?'
 
Literally "Obama Camelot" and the first few hits are exactly what I said.
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com>: Feb 18 05:29PM -0800

Oh. Just some stories I thought up this morning.
Eric Ramon <ramon.eric@gmail.com>: Feb 18 05:38PM -0800

> LOL. None of you have google?'
 
> Literally "Obama Camelot" and the first few hits are exactly what I said.
 
every single one is either from right after the 1st inauguration (or a little into that first year or see below) or from the very end of his eight years, meaning after the 2016 election.
 
Google results have these dates"
 
Jan. 19, 2017 (the day before Trump's inauguration)
Jan. 29, 2008 (Obama endorsed by Ted Kennedy)
Jan. 28, 2008 (same event)
Aug. 26, 2009
Jan. 19, 2017
Jun. 18, 2009
Nov. 21, 2016
Nov. 14, 2016
Jan. 20, 2017
 
page two has one mention from 2013 but every other article is just like that 1st page.
 
So the Obama/Camelot connection wasn't really a thing. I mean, if it were, shouldn't there be a consistent stream of articles throughout the 8 years?
michael anderson <mianderson79@gmail.com>: Feb 18 05:49PM -0800

> LOL. None of you have google?'
 
> Literally "Obama Camelot" and the first few hits are exactly what I said.
 
thats a bad way to do a google search to see how strong the connection is. You pick anyone/anything where there are literally a billion hits(obama) associated with it followed by your preferred association and its going to have a lot of hits.
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Feb 18 07:31PM -0800

In article <f5bf1ccb-9b49-459a-9031-0637286d0b45@googlegroups.com>,
 
> "I don't think I ever heard anyone referring to the Obama administration as the second coming of Camelot except a few conservatives like you..."
 
> That's interesting. The first four search hits were stories about Camelot being continued, Obama as the heir, etc. from CNN HUFFPO, etc.
 
Hussein's low milage, used camel lot.
 
--
Michael Press
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Feb 18 12:21PM -0800

In article <5edf9593-d61e-4635-affc-2c235c838ccb@googlegroups.com>,
 
> My phone runs like a three year old iPhone. Sluggish and poor battery life. I even replaced my battery and it didn't help.
 
> Her phone *screams*. It's as snappy and fast as the day it was new. And the battery easily goes all day. I used her phone last night while mine was charging and I was blown away.
 
> What's wrong with this picture?
 
I'll bet hers has longer intervals between charges.
 
Turn off every feature you do not use.
Unload every unnecessary application.
Never upgrade the OS.
 
--
Michael Press
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Feb 18 12:29PM -0800

>> However that said I have background app refresh
>>turned off
 
> You might try turning off the auto background refresh.
 
Ummm....
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Feb 18 12:31PM -0800

In article <d62f5192-7ac9-4964-b2b3-8342b77b887d@googlegroups.com>,
> -no instant email availability. Which means less real time access and less hassles. When I run into someone from the hospital at 11am and they say "hey, why didn't you respond to that email I sent you an hour ago" I say "because I don't check my email that often". It's my way of telling people I'm not available to respond to their needs instantaneously, and that's a good thing.
 
> I'd encourage anyone who has an iphone now to downsize to a flip phone.
 
> My entire phone costs every month are 15 dollars a month.(what an extra flip phone on a family plan costs) not a single rsfker pays less than that I bet
 
I have only ever used a flip phone. My service provider gives
away the phones. Dropped one in dishwater. They replaced without
costing me money and I sent the damaged one back for rehabilitation.
 
Another reason I use a flip phone is because Captain Kirk uses one.
 
--
Michael Press
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Feb 18 04:36PM -0800

Telling me to get a flip phone is like telling mia to watch Div III football when he poasts that Alabama didn't play well.
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Feb 18 07:25PM -0800

In article <47af4182-e84b-4b49-8970-297e3c5a3944@googlegroups.com>,
 
> > Another reason I use a flip phone is because Captain Kirk uses one.
 
> > Telling me to get a flip phone is like telling mia to watch Div III
> > football when he poasts that Alabama didn't play well.
 
Show me where I directed you to get a flip phone but you cannot.
I did not reply to you. I replied to Michael Anerson. You need
sensitivity training so you can learn when it is not aimed at
you. Now _that_ is telling you what to do.
 
--
Michael Press
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: Feb 18 09:51PM -0500

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1VB2r2CaAY
--
The thing worse than rebellion is the thing that causes rebellion.
Frederick Douglass
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Feb 18 12:45PM -0800

In article <1ea67fee-bdfd-43e6-9516-8d4265191cb0@googlegroups.com>,
 
> I watched an interview with John Cleese a few years ago and he was
> complaining about the coarsening of the culture. I thought, 'WTF,
> Monty Python had a starring role in that endeavor.
 
I disagree.
 
BRIAN: Look. You've got it all wrong. You don't need to follow
me. You don't need to follow anybody! You've got to think for
yourselves. You're all individuals!
 
FOLLOWERS: Yes, we're all individuals!
 
BRIAN: You're all different!
 
FOLLOWERS: Yes, we are all different!
 
DENNIS: I'm not.
 
ARTHUR: Shhhh.
 
FOLLOWERS: Shh. Shhhh. Shhh.
 
--
Michael Press
Eric Ramon <ramon.eric@gmail.com>: Feb 18 01:14PM -0800

On Sunday, February 18, 2018 at 12:45:42 PM UTC-8, Michael Press wrote:
 
> ARTHUR: Shhhh.
 
> FOLLOWERS: Shh. Shhhh. Shhh.
 
> --
 
and the meaning of life:
 
"try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations"
Tom Enright <randorwell@gmail.com>: Feb 18 04:27PM -0800

On Sunday, February 18, 2018 at 11:28:45 AM UTC-5, Some dued wrote:
> Know what I mean? Know what I mean? Nudge nudge wink wink.
 
She's from Scarsdale
 
-TE
Some dued <theodoreward@gmail.com>: Feb 18 05:20PM -0800

Is she a goer?
plaidmoon@gmail.com: Feb 18 12:21PM -0800

I'm not sure how this relates to the article, but one thing liberals and draft dodgers have in common recently: they both get elected President these days.
unclejr <watsona64@gmail.com>: Feb 18 04:44PM -0800

> I'm not sure how this relates to the article, but one thing liberals and draft dodgers have in common recently: they both get elected President these days.
 
5-times! Heel spurs!
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Feb 18 03:24PM -0800

In article <aae30ffd-1f95-43a2-90b3-52e096a1cc19@googlegroups.com>,
 
> Matrix
 
Did not enjoy it. Plodding and lifeless.
 
> Fifth Element
 
Not dystopian. Just regular evil dudes.
 
> Half of Schwartzeneggars eighties flicks (Terminator, Running Man, Total Recall)
 
Total Recall is a regular action flick.
 
> Mad Max
 
Went straight to TV. They missed a bet.
"Let's kill him and steal his gas."
 
> Planet of the Apes (original series)
 
Hated it. Ugly and wrong.
Soylent Green is ugly and unpleasant.
 
> Not all dystopian future stuff is bad - just seems like much of the newer stuff is.
 
Where the maker revels in it. Planet of the Apes is a non-recent example.
 
Most frightening movie I ever saw is _Invasion of the Body
Snatchers_ [1956]. Saw it as a youngster on TV. A person can turn
on you in a New York minute. Then when some people get clued in
that their is an invasion they adjourn for drinks. The movie puts
it across in the most ordinary way. A dystopian future in the making.
 
--
Michael Press
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Feb 18 12:14PM -0800

In article <5a89d197.1662483078@news.eternal-september.org>,
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan) wrote:
 
[...]
 
Because 19 would be ridiculous.
 
--
Michael Press
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Feb 18 10:32PM

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 12:14:07 -0800, Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>
wrote:
 
 
>Because 19 would be ridiculous.
 
>--
>Michael Press
 
Au contraire - the 19th hole at most clubs is very popular.
 
Hugh
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Feb 18 02:52PM -0800

In article <5a89feab.1674023968@news.eternal-september.org>,
 
> >--
> >Michael Press
 
> Au contraire - the 19th hole at most clubs is very popular.
 
You abandon the basis of your question.
Namely, that the game of golf has 18 holes.
 
--
Michael Press
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.football.college+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.