Digest for alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins@googlegroups.com - 10 updates in 3 topics

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Stoobz <stoobz4@comcast.net>: Jul 07 10:47AM -0500

> the league. Unless Phillips improves dramatically and unless newcomers
> William Hayes and Lawrence Timmons and perhaps Raekwon McMillan can
> solve that run defense deficiency, there will be problems. We'll see.
 
The old rules still apply.
 
1) Blocking and tackling.
 
1a) Run the ball.
 
1b) Stop the run.
 
1c) Pass protect.
 
1d) Rush the passer.
 
Some might say.....
 
"It's about the offensive line, stupid!"
"euphemism@mindspring.com" <euphemism@mindspring.com>: Jul 07 09:17AM -0700

On Friday, July 7, 2017 at 10:50:07 AM UTC-5, Stoobz wrote:
 
> 1d) Rush the passer.
 
> Some might say.....
 
> "It's about the offensive line, stupid!"
 
 
It is not easy to figure. The Dolphins' FO seems to think that having a highly regarded Center and a highly regarded Left Tackle will be sufficient. Sometimes they've even been happy with just the Left Tackle.
 
If they pretend that they expect Pouncey to be healthy for more than eight games, they are lying out loud. I am having trouble with the idea that he will be healthy for even 6 games. I keep punching in the numbers and it doesn't add up.
 
The guys that will be available to protect Tannehill and give Ajayi some slight openings are just ordinary or worse as a group. We have seen that work – but it's a miracle if it happens all season. At the moment, there isn't one actual bright spot on that OL. If you're thinking Tunsil is the man… what I read from the early camps made it sound like he's not where he needs to be.
 
All I can think is that we're going to learn the truth in a big hurry come August.
Stoobz <stoobz4@comcast.net>: Jul 07 11:33AM -0500


> If they pretend that they expect Pouncey to be healthy for more than eight games, they are lying out loud. I am having trouble with the idea that he will be healthy for even 6 games. I keep punching in the numbers and it doesn't add up.
 
> The guys that will be available to protect Tannehill and give Ajayi some slight openings are just ordinary or worse as a group. We have seen that work – but it's a miracle if it happens all season. At the moment, there isn't one actual bright spot on that OL. If you're thinking Tunsil is the man… what I read from the early camps made it sound like he's not where he needs to be.
 
> All I can think is that we're going to learn the truth in a big hurry come August.
 
I think Tunsil will be fine and better than average, perhaps even
garnering Pro Bowl votes. I certainly hope he will be Pro Bowl bound
more years than not in his career with Miami.
 
Pouncey will not be healthy all year, I think we all agree on that. Who
will step up and fill in for him, that is the question.
 
We don't need a whole OL of HoFers but we do need at least average
across the board.
 
Note they did well the few games the starters were together.
J Lunis <lunis.j@gmail.com>: Jul 07 03:01PM -0400


> We don't need a whole OL of HoFers but we do need at least average
> across the board.
 
Ah, Stoobs, you nailed it. My philosophy for a long time . . . "TOP
teams aren't full of TOP players, but are devoid on bottom 10% players."
Wasn't in OJ who made Pro-Bowl and gave a Rolex to every OLman because
none made the Pro-Bowl? Doesn't EVERY team have 'weak' positions and
units where depth is shallow? What Miami needs is average-at-worst OGs.
Yes, a quality backup OC, but with Pouncey, James, Tunsil, and average
OGs, Miami's run game should be impressive.
Stoobz <stoobz4@comcast.net>: Jul 07 02:21PM -0500

On 7/7/2017 2:01 PM, J Lunis wrote:
> units where depth is shallow? What Miami needs is average-at-worst OGs.
> Yes, a quality backup OC, but with Pouncey, James, Tunsil, and average
> OGs, Miami's run game should be impressive.
 
Barring injury, I think the offense will do rather well.
 
On paper, the defense looks to be vastly improved.
 
Can't wait to get the season going!
bob@bob.mail: Jul 07 07:20PM -0400

>units where depth is shallow? What Miami needs is average-at-worst OGs.
> Yes, a quality backup OC, but with Pouncey, James, Tunsil, and average
>OGs, Miami's run game should be impressive.
 
Agree, average would be a hugh improvement.
bob@bob.mail: Jul 07 07:23PM -0400


>Barring injury, I think the offense will do rather well.
 
>On paper, the defense looks to be vastly improved.
 
>Can't wait to get the season going!
Barring injury is not likely.
Drumrboy <drumrboy@aol.com>: Jul 08 03:57AM -0700

I wish they'd stop with the zone blocking scheme, they suck at it.
mr.hvac@gmail.com: Jul 07 05:54PM -0700

https://youtu.be/7A9QZuYFVf0
 
Brought tears to my eyes
bob@bob.mail: Jul 07 07:28PM -0400

Yes, the Dolphins did make the list. You might be surprised who it
is.
 
12. Mike Pouncey, C Dolphins
 
2017 Cap hit: $8.97 million
 
Position rank: 3rd
 
Pouncey is a good center. He just doesn't play enough games. Over the
last four seasons, the Dolphins center has missed 19 games.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment