Digest for rec.sport.tennis@googlegroups.com - 25 updates in 3 topics

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com>: Jun 11 12:28AM +1000

On 11/06/2017 12:18 AM, Federer Fanatic wrote:
 
> As did I. Just saying you've backed off of the enthusiasm for Stan's game.
> Be truthful. You will ecstatic if Stan wins?
 
> FF
 
I love Stan's game - best from a visual perspective this century I
reckon - so always happy when he wins a slam. However I also admire
Rafa greatly. He's the only clear cut surface goat/boat in tennis
history, so it's a massive privilege watching this guy's career in real
time. Trust me we won't see a guy dominate a surface to this extent
ever again.
 
I'd like to see Rafa make a real run at Fed's 18 slam record so this
match is crucial for him. If he loses this it could be career ending
for him, given he let a golden opportunity slip by in AO final. If he
wins then I think he can win another slam this yr to get to 16.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Federer Fanatic <TheRelentlessTide@nospam.invalid>: Jun 10 09:34AM -0500

On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 00:28:18 +1000, Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com> wrote:
| On 11/06/2017 12:18 AM, Federer Fanatic wrote:
|> On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 00:06:25 +1000, Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com> wrote:
|> | On 10/06/2017 11:50 PM, Federer Fanatic wrote:
|> |> On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 23:42:41 +1000, Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com> wrote:
|> |> | On 10/06/2017 10:32 PM, SliceAndDice wrote:
|> |> |> On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 6:06:24 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:
|> |> |>> On 10/06/2017 2:15 PM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
|> |> |>>> I am happy Wawrinka beat Djokovic and Nadal to win a slam but I still see that slam final as a probable anomaly. If they have a rematch and Wawrinka wins again, you can call me foolish but not until then. We will soon have our answer as to whether or not Stan will change his losing pattern vs Nadal. Maybe he will and Nadal will never beat him again or maybe not and Nadal will never lose to Wawrinka again? ?????? Same goes with Wawrinka vs Djokovic. Will his win over Djokovic be the new norm in their match-up?
|> |> |>>> ----------- end of post-------
|> |> |>>>
|> |> |>>> - since then Wawrinka won the FO beating Federer & peak djokovic and winning the US open beating peak djokovic.
|> |> |>>>
|> |> |>>> Will he beat nadal, no one knows, nadal is the favorite for sure, but it's fun reading that person comments on how this person never has a chance and that person will win everything.
|> |> |>>>
|> |> |>>
|> |> |>> I don't see anything wrong with that post? Stan was quite old to be
|> |> |>> winning a 1st slam, & his h2h v Rafa was woeful before that match -
|> |> |>> 12-0, never even won a set.
|> |> |>>
|> |> |>>
|> |> |> I don't think he is saying there is anything wrong with that post. I think he is pointing out that she is back to saying Wawrinka has no chance even after he has proved her wrong.
|> |> |>
|> |> |
|> |> | Well I'm more on Court1's side here. Not exactly 'no chance', but about
|> |> | 1 in 10. Expect Rafa to win in 3 or 4 sets - 5 would be a massive bonus.
|> |> |
|> |> | Stan winning would be almost shocking to me. It's going to take some
|> |> | all time boat-level tennis from Stan.
|> |> |
|> |> |
|> |> |
|> |>
|> |> I see you've quelled your childlike enthusiasm for Stan and logic has kicked in.
|> |>
|> |> FF
|> |>
|> |
|> |
|> | I picked Rafa to beat Stan in the final pre-tournament - never wavered
|> | from that analysis.
|> |
|> |
|>
|> As did I. Just saying you've backed off of the enthusiasm for Stan's game.
|> Be truthful. You will ecstatic if Stan wins?
|>
|> FF
|>
|
|
| I love Stan's game - best from a visual perspective this century I
| reckon - so always happy when he wins a slam. However I also admire
| Rafa greatly. He's the only clear cut surface goat/boat in tennis
| history, so it's a massive privilege watching this guy's career in real
| time. Trust me we won't see a guy dominate a surface to this extent
| ever again.
|
| I'd like to see Rafa make a real run at Fed's 18 slam record so this
| match is crucial for him. If he loses this it could be career ending
| for him, given he let a golden opportunity slip by in AO final. If he
| wins then I think he can win another slam this yr to get to 16.
|
|
|
 
Honest response and your true motivation is revealed ;-) More anti-Fed sentiments
as if that's a surprise to anyone...
 
FF
Federer Fanatic <TheRelentlessTide@nospam.invalid>: Jun 10 09:42AM -0500

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 09:34:06 -0500, Federer Fanatic <TheRelentlessTide@nospam.invalid> wrote:
| On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 00:28:18 +1000, Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com> wrote:
|| On 11/06/2017 12:18 AM, Federer Fanatic wrote:
||> On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 00:06:25 +1000, Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com> wrote:
||> | On 10/06/2017 11:50 PM, Federer Fanatic wrote:
||> |> On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 23:42:41 +1000, Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com> wrote:
||> |> | On 10/06/2017 10:32 PM, SliceAndDice wrote:
||> |> |> On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 6:06:24 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:
||> |> |>> On 10/06/2017 2:15 PM, PeteWasLucky wrote:
||> |> |>>> I am happy Wawrinka beat Djokovic and Nadal to win a slam but I still see that slam final as a probable anomaly. If they have a rematch and Wawrinka wins again, you can call me foolish but not until then. We will soon have our answer as to whether or not Stan will change his losing pattern vs Nadal. Maybe he will and Nadal will never beat him again or maybe not and Nadal will never lose to Wawrinka again? ?????? Same goes with Wawrinka vs Djokovic. Will his win over Djokovic be the new norm in their match-up?
||> |> |>>> ----------- end of post-------
||> |> |>>>
||> |> |>>> - since then Wawrinka won the FO beating Federer & peak djokovic and winning the US open beating peak djokovic.
||> |> |>>>
||> |> |>>> Will he beat nadal, no one knows, nadal is the favorite for sure, but it's fun reading that person comments on how this person never has a chance and that person will win everything.
||> |> |>>>
||> |> |>>
||> |> |>> I don't see anything wrong with that post? Stan was quite old to be
||> |> |>> winning a 1st slam, & his h2h v Rafa was woeful before that match -
||> |> |>> 12-0, never even won a set.
||> |> |>>
||> |> |>>
||> |> |> I don't think he is saying there is anything wrong with that post. I think he is pointing out that she is back to saying Wawrinka has no chance even after he has proved her wrong.
||> |> |>
||> |> |
||> |> | Well I'm more on Court1's side here. Not exactly 'no chance', but about
||> |> | 1 in 10. Expect Rafa to win in 3 or 4 sets - 5 would be a massive bonus.
||> |> |
||> |> | Stan winning would be almost shocking to me. It's going to take some
||> |> | all time boat-level tennis from Stan.
||> |> |
||> |> |
||> |> |
||> |>
||> |> I see you've quelled your childlike enthusiasm for Stan and logic has kicked in.
||> |>
||> |> FF
||> |>
||> |
||> |
||> | I picked Rafa to beat Stan in the final pre-tournament - never wavered
||> | from that analysis.
||> |
||> |
||>
||> As did I. Just saying you've backed off of the enthusiasm for Stan's game.
||> Be truthful. You will ecstatic if Stan wins?
||>
||> FF
||>
||
||
|| I love Stan's game - best from a visual perspective this century I
|| reckon - so always happy when he wins a slam. However I also admire
|| Rafa greatly. He's the only clear cut surface goat/boat in tennis
|| history, so it's a massive privilege watching this guy's career in real
|| time. Trust me we won't see a guy dominate a surface to this extent
|| ever again.
||
|| I'd like to see Rafa make a real run at Fed's 18 slam record so this
|| match is crucial for him. If he loses this it could be career ending
|| for him, given he let a golden opportunity slip by in AO final. If he
|| wins then I think he can win another slam this yr to get to 16.
||
||
||
|
| Honest response and your true motivation is revealed ;-) More anti-Fed sentiments
| as if that's a surprise to anyone...
|
| FF
 
I suppose if this scenario plays out it will further motivate Fed to win more slams...
 
FF
Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com>: Jun 11 12:47AM +1000

On 11/06/2017 12:34 AM, Federer Fanatic wrote:
 
> Honest response and your true motivation is revealed ;-) More anti-Fed sentiments
> as if that's a surprise to anyone...
 
> FF
 
It's not really 'anti Fed' though, more a search for the truth. From
what I've seen in the Fed v Rafa rivalry I have no doubt Rafa at his
best beats Fed at his best. At least if I was forced to bet my life on
who wins a match between these 2 guys, I'd always pick Rafa. That being
the case why shouldn't he hold the slam record, given imo he's the
better 'big match' player?
 
: )
 
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Federer Fanatic <TheRelentlessTide@nospam.invalid>: Jun 10 09:53AM -0500

On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 00:47:16 +1000, Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com> wrote:
| On 11/06/2017 12:34 AM, Federer Fanatic wrote:
|> On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 00:28:18 +1000, Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com> wrote:
|> | On 11/06/2017 12:18 AM, Federer Fanatic wrote:
|> |> On Sun, 11 Jun 2017 00:06:25 +1000, Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com> wrote:
|> |
|> |
|> | I love Stan's game - best from a visual perspective this century I
|> | reckon - so always happy when he wins a slam. However I also admire
|> | Rafa greatly. He's the only clear cut surface goat/boat in tennis
|> | history, so it's a massive privilege watching this guy's career in real
|> | time. Trust me we won't see a guy dominate a surface to this extent
|> | ever again.
|> |
|> | I'd like to see Rafa make a real run at Fed's 18 slam record so this
|> | match is crucial for him. If he loses this it could be career ending
|> | for him, given he let a golden opportunity slip by in AO final. If he
|> | wins then I think he can win another slam this yr to get to 16.
|> |
|> |
|> |
|>
|> Honest response and your true motivation is revealed ;-) More anti-Fed sentiments
|> as if that's a surprise to anyone...
|>
|> FF
|>
| It's not really 'anti Fed' though, more a search for the truth. From
| what I've seen in the Fed v Rafa rivalry I have no doubt Rafa at his
| best beats Fed at his best. At least if I was forced to bet my life on
| who wins a match between these 2 guys, I'd always pick Rafa. That being
| the case why shouldn't he hold the slam record, given imo he's the
| better 'big match' player?
|
|: )
|
|
 
Yes. I would want Rafa to play for my life too, but I wouldn't mind Fed either.
 
FF
Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com>: Jun 11 12:29AM +1000

On 11/06/2017 12:21 AM, bob wrote:
 
>> All she does is hit as hard as she can left, right, left, right...
 
> and your pt?
 
> bob
 
 
 
Sharapova does that & she won career slam.
 
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Garvin Yee <drsmith004@gmail.com>: Jun 10 07:28AM -0700

On 6/10/2017 7:02 AM, Court_1 wrote:
 
>> Women should play tennis gracefully and elegantly. Not like Seles or Ostalenko.
 
>> Max
 
> STFU.
 
+1!
 
:)
 
--
https://www.flickr.com/photos/34735015@N03/sets/72157623566520134/
 
http://fineartamerica.com/art/all/garvin+yee/all
 
https://www.facebook.com/garvin.yee.37
TT <ascii@dprk.kp>: Jun 10 05:31PM +0300

bob kirjoitti 10.6.2017 klo 17:21:
 
>> All she does is hit as hard as she can left, right, left, right...
 
> and your pt?
 
> bob
 
Not much variety to cheer about, no great rallies... often ends up with
winner or UE. I guess her playing style is entertaining too to some extent.
calimero377@gmx.de: Jun 10 07:38AM -0700

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 4:14:07 PM UTC+2, Garvin Yee wrote:
 
> Ostapemko has a flashy, hard hitting game, but Halep
> is clearly more solid.
 
> Now fuck off, please....
 
Halep clearly more solid?
 
Max
calimero377@gmx.de: Jun 10 07:39AM -0700

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 4:29:17 PM UTC+2, Whisper wrote:
 
> > bob
 
> Sharapova does that & she won career slam.
 
Yes, but in which era?
 
 
Max
TT <ascii@dprk.kp>: Jun 10 05:40PM +0300


> Yes, but in which era?
 
> Max
 
After Seles was stabbed.
Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com>: Jun 10 07:40AM -0700

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 10:18:42 AM UTC-4, TT wrote:

> Thiem is no ball basher.
 
He's the ultimate ball basher and a dumb one. As I said above, has he made a slam final?
Federer Fanatic <TheRelentlessTide@nospam.invalid>: Jun 10 09:40AM -0500

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 07:38:15 -0700 (PDT), calimero377@gmx.de <calimero377@gmx.de> wrote:
| On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 4:14:07 PM UTC+2, Garvin Yee wrote:
|> On 6/10/2017 7:08 AM, calimero377@gmx.de wrote:
|> > On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 4:05:38 PM UTC+2, Garvin Yee wrote:
|> >> On 6/10/2017 7:01 AM, Court_1 wrote:
|> >>> Halep just needs to continue getting as many balls back as possible and wait for the error and implosion to come.
|> >>>
|> >>
|> >> Agreed.
|> >>
|> >> Maybe Halep in straights....
|> >>
|> >>
|> >
|> > But maybe only in three.
|> > However, Ospapenko could still win it.
|> >
|>
|> No, I was wrong.
|>
|> Ostapemko has a flashy, hard hitting game, but Halep
|> is clearly more solid.
|>
|> Now fuck off, please....
|>
|
| Halep clearly more solid?
|
| Max
 
 
Historically sure, but Jelena is reigning her wildness and wins 2nd set.
 
Stan should trade Vekic for Ostapenko? They have a similar power game?:-)
 
FF
Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com>: Jun 10 07:42AM -0700

Imagine how good Ostapenko could be off clay? Clay is her weakest surface. What she has to do to be great is improve her serve.
Garvin Yee <drsmith004@gmail.com>: Jun 10 07:41AM -0700

>> is clearly more solid.
 
>> Now fuck off, please....
 
> Halep clearly more solid?
 
Funny how tennis matches can have large swings in momentum.
 
Or is this the first time that has happened?
 
:/
 
 
--
https://www.flickr.com/photos/34735015@N03/sets/72157623566520134/
 
http://fineartamerica.com/art/all/garvin+yee/all
 
https://www.facebook.com/garvin.yee.37
Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com>: Jun 10 07:43AM -0700

Halep will probably choke this match away now after being up 3-0 in the second? *rolls eyes* That's the Halep we know.
TT <ascii@dprk.kp>: Jun 10 05:46PM +0300

Court_1 kirjoitti 10.6.2017 klo 17:40:
> On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 10:18:42 AM UTC-4, TT wrote:
 
>> Thiem is no ball basher.
 
> He's the ultimate ball basher and a dumb one.
 
I don't think so...
 
Of course if you only watched his two last matches against Rafa then yes
he did look like one - but then again not sure if he had much options...
tough to beat Rafa by rallying...
TT <ascii@dprk.kp>: Jun 10 05:49PM +0300

Court_1 kirjoitti 10.6.2017 klo 17:42:
> Imagine how good Ostapenko could be off clay? Clay is her weakest surface.
 
Didn't you claim the same about Stan too...
Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com>: Jun 11 12:50AM +1000

On 11/06/2017 12:41 AM, Garvin Yee wrote:
 
Halep had chances to lead 6-4 4-0 - will have nightmares if she loses this.
 
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com>: Jun 10 07:51AM -0700

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 10:45:55 AM UTC-4, TT wrote:
 
> Of course if you only watched his two last matches against Rafa then yes
> he did look like one - but then again not sure if he had much options...
> tough to beat Rafa by rallying...
 
Honestly, Thiem's nothing special. A top ten guy who may be able to win a RG title in the future when the Big Four are done. Or he may never win one and just be a guy who makes QFs and SFs.
Federer Fanatic <TheRelentlessTide@nospam.invalid>: Jun 10 09:51AM -0500

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 17:46:07 +0300, TT <ascii@dprk.kp> wrote:
| Court_1 kirjoitti 10.6.2017 klo 17:40:
|> On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 10:18:42 AM UTC-4, TT wrote:
|>
|>> Thiem is no ball basher.
|>
|> He's the ultimate ball basher and a dumb one.
|
| I don't think so...
|
| Of course if you only watched his two last matches against Rafa then yes
| he did look like one - but then again not sure if he had much options...
| tough to beat Rafa by rallying...
 
courty has a stake in maintaining this mantra since she has said the
same thing for years. Thiem is a decent player who may win a couple
of slams before he retires. But his game is awkward looking from a
stroke mechanic point of view: forehand with extreme western grip--suitable
on clay and a rather bizaare backhand where he seems to leap in the
air as he hits.
 
FF
Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com>: Jun 11 12:52AM +1000

imo.
On 11/06/2017 12:43 AM, Court_1 wrote:
> Halep will probably choke this match away now after being up 3-0 in the second? *rolls eyes* That's the Halep we know.
 
I think the occasion will be too much for Ostapenko so odds still with
Halep imo.
 
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
calimero377@gmx.de: Jun 10 07:40AM -0700

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 3:44:28 PM UTC+2, bob wrote:
 
> not sure graf could reach a single 1 of those hard corner shots. i'm
> so happy steffi had the chance to win 22 slams. :-)
 
> max reply here:
 
Yes, Graf was so slow ...
 
 
Max
calimero377@gmx.de: Jun 10 07:43AM -0700

On Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 3:46:49 PM UTC+2, Garvin Yee wrote:
 
> You'd re-hash the ancient, dead past that is Graf.
 
> I live in the NOW, punk ass Mother-Fucker!
 
> :)
 
If Ospalenko continues to play like she did in the second half of the second set she might win it.
On the other hand - a Halep win is still possible.
 
 
Max
Garvin Yee <drsmith004@gmail.com>: Jun 10 07:51AM -0700


>> :)
 
> If Ospalenko continues to play like she did in the second half of the second set she might win it.
> On the other hand - a Halep win is still possible.
 
 
Correct! :)
 
 
--
https://www.flickr.com/photos/34735015@N03/sets/72157623566520134/
 
http://fineartamerica.com/art/all/garvin+yee/all
 
https://www.facebook.com/garvin.yee.37
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.tennis+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment