Digest for rec.sport.golf@googlegroups.com - 25 updates in 8 topics

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>: Jun 29 02:54PM -0700


>> You apparently don't understand what a legal "stay" is or that this one
>> only PARTLY restored Trump's executive order.
 
> You ment to say "MOSTLY". The order came out today permitting only IMMEDIATE family members. What are we talking about, anyhow? Tens, hundreds? Obama wanted to import HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS.
 
"wanted to import"
 
Got a cite for that...
 
...because that seems like you're lying.
 
:-)
Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>: Jun 29 02:55PM -0700

>> Project Management - - eg, "Cost, SCHEDULE, Performance"?
 
>> So what's Trump's excuse for needing an extension?
 
> Trump doesn't need an "excuse" - the President, and the President alone, decides if and when there needs to be an immigration suspension and for how long. In other words, he can extend for as long as he deems necessary. Go read the law - it is the law, don't you know? Probably not...
 
What law would that be?
 
Provide a cite.
tomseim2g@gmail.com: Jun 29 03:14PM -0700

On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 2:55:08 PM UTC-7, Alan Baker wrote:
 
> > Trump doesn't need an "excuse" - the President, and the President alone, decides if and when there needs to be an immigration suspension and for how long. In other words, he can extend for as long as he deems necessary. Go read the law - it is the law, don't you know? Probably not...
 
> What law would that be?
 
> Provide a cite.
 
Try googling "immigration law trump."
BK@Onramp.net: Jun 29 05:28PM -0500


>> What law would that be?
 
>> Provide a cite.
 
>Try googling "immigration law trump."
 
If you think an executive order is law then you've further proven
yourself to be clueless.
Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>: Jun 29 05:57PM -0700


>> What law would that be?
 
>> Provide a cite.
 
> Try googling "immigration law trump."
 
Nope. YOU claimed it was a law: YOU provide the support.
Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>: Jun 29 02:58PM -0700

On 2017-06-29 2:35 PM, Dene wrote:
 
>> What are the main reasons?
 
> Born Black BS
> Poor education THEN ACQUIRE A GOOD ONE
 
Except that schools in poor areas are notoriously bad.
 
> Wages for the less skilled have stalled. THEN WORK HARDER AND GET PROMOTED
 
There's less money to go around in organizations because CEOs and other
top level executives are being paid ridiculous amounts now.
 
> Cost of living increases WATCH YOUR BUDGET...STAY OUT OF DEBT
 
Wave a magic wand! That food you can't afford will be there!
 
> Cost of healthcare. MEDICAID IS FREE.
 
Not once the Republicans get through with it.
 
But, hey: the Waltons will get a nice tax cut!
 
> Less Government focus on the poor.. GOOD
 
Right.
 
It should focus on the uber-rich...
 
...who bought and paid for it.
 
:-)
Carbon <nobrac@nospam.tampabay.rr.com>: Jun 29 05:59PM -0400

On 06/29/2017 05:35 PM, Dene wrote:
 
>>> Idiocy and laziness are not the reasons that most poor people are poor.
 
>> What are the main reasons?
 
> Born Black BS
 
Can you possibly be serious?
 
> Poor education THEN ACQUIRE A GOOD ONE
 
Again. Inherited wealth. The last two Republican presidents were legacy admissions to Ivy League schools. No effort, no talent. Just a family with connections and money.
 
Reached the BS limit for today so I'll be skipping the rest.
 
BK@Onramp.net: Jun 29 05:06PM -0500

On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 14:35:04 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gdstrue@aol.com>
wrote:
 
>Cost of living increases WATCH YOUR BUDGET...STAY OUT OF DEBT
>Cost of healthcare. MEDICAID IS FREE.
>Less Government focus on the poor.. GOOD
 
All simplistic responses with little forethought. If you think that
these aren't reasons you really are out of touch.
BK@Onramp.net: Jun 29 05:29PM -0500

On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 17:24:32 -0500 (CDT), Moderate
>> Less Government focus on the poor..
 
>Wrong.
 
>An unstable family unit.
 
That's just another reason, caused by several of the ones above.
Dene <gdstrue@aol.com>: Jun 29 04:37PM -0700

calls
> years) and now want coverage, because of the tax bill
> they incurred. This proves to me that the individual
> mandate does work and should be retained.
 
Which we agree on.
 
Good boy!
 

> deal from ACA Exchanges. Even so, it amazes me how many
>terminations occur through the year, because people are too
> irresponsible to pay the bill on time.
 
And this is where I wanted to direct this line of discussion:
there's recent studies which have reported that 60% of Americans
can't afford an unexpected $500 expense ... and one can then
see how something like a car repair would throw their monthly
budget out the window because they don't have any "rainy day"
savings.
 
When I see that this is 60% of the USA ... I have to really
question if we have a real Middle Class anymore, or if this
60% metric reflects what percentage really is the Working Poor.
 
I think it reflects poor money management and minimal ambition.
 

> accumulation of chronically poor choices. I recognize
> the safety net should be in effect for those who cannot
> work but idiocy and laziness should not be rewarded.
 
I understand the sentiment ... and I've personally seen
some pretty glaring examples - - good money getting sucked
into cigarette habits, etc - - and yes, there are those
who seem quite skilled at "making their own BAD luck".
 
The broader question here seems to be twofold.
 
First, what sort of long term plan would reduce their numbers?
Is it education? What?
 
What's in place. Community colleges. Trade schools. An education is out there if somebody wants it.
 
Second, what sorts of policies can we enact to functionally
help them from their own bad choices? For example, to what
degree have our policies to impose high "sin" taxes on stuff
like cigarettes been part of their inability to escape from
their bad life choices?
 
And FWIW, I do want to single out cigarettes here, because it
is an addictive product that for most people is an extremely
hard habit to kick...but public policy has done a "feel good"
for ourselves in taxing the hell out of it, but that money
flows into the General Fund, invariably without bothering
to think through what its unintended consequences are.
 
For example, how about a law which redirects 100% of all taxes
collected on cigs into that State's Medicaid fund?
 
I'm good with that.
 
This is anecdotal but my cousin was a single mom with two kids. Deadbeat father who never paid a dime of child support. She could've lived on the public dime but she instead took all the public assistance she was eligible for, got her degree in healthcare, then got a good job and eventually started her own consulting business. She is quite wealthy but remembers her roots and how she could've made excuses and stayed on public assistance for the rest of her life. I'm all about safety nets for those who really can't help themselves but I'm not about feeding those whose choices perpetuate their poverty. If they want to remain that way, that's fine. That's America. But I'll be damned if I'm going to feel guilty or support any measure to enable them on a long-term basis. It's 4% unemployment right now. If you want to work, you can get a job. If you want health insurance, it's affordable…often free. Same with education, housing assistance and food stamps. The safety nets are in place and the last thing we need to do is pour more public money into more social services.
 
That's where I sit on this subject. I'm sure the Liberals will shriek, just like they did when Clinton signed the Welfare Reform Act.
Dene <gdstrue@aol.com>: Jun 29 04:38PM -0700

On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 17:24:32 -0500 (CDT), Moderate
>> Less Government focus on the poor..
 
>Wrong.
 
>An unstable family unit.
 
That's just another reason, caused by several of the ones above.
 
There are countless excuses to remain in poverty. There are opportunities to escape it if somebody really wants to. That's the beauty of America. Socialism will destroy it. Look at Venezuela.
BK@Onramp.net: Jun 29 07:52PM -0500

On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 18:56:52 -0500 (CDT), Moderate
 
>> That's just another reason, caused by several of the ones above.
 
>How many of your born blackrelatives live in poverty? I am
> guessing none.
 
My grand daughter who has two kids is on the edge. She
divorced their father and its pretty touch and go now.
He was paying child support but that may have changed. She
doesn't say much about that.
 
 
Moderate <nospam@noemail.com>: Jun 29 02:47PM -0500


> Fair enough, Greg. If the insured pay the medical bills of the
> uninsured, it's through their taxes, yes? Most people's income
> taxes have not gone up in a very long time.
 
It goes staight to the national debt.
--
Moderate <nospam@noemail.com>: Jun 29 05:24PM -0500

> Cost of living increases
> Cost of healthcare.
> Less Government focus on the poor..
 
Wrong.
 
An unstable family unit.
--
Moderate <nospam@noemail.com>: Jun 29 06:08PM -0500

> because of Obamacare.
 
> Good job!
> --
 
Liberals ignore reality like children.
 
Zero challenges.
--
Moderate <nospam@noemail.com>: Jun 29 06:56PM -0500


>>Wrong.
 
>>An unstable family unit.
 
> That's just another reason, caused by several of the ones above.
 
How many of your born black
relatives live in poverty? I am
guessing none.
 
None of mine are either.
--
BK@Onramp.net: Jun 29 05:01PM -0500

>> Hannity is a complete idiot and everything Scarborough said is the
>> truth.
 
>Scarborough is a complete idiot.
 
He might be, but what Hannity quoted him saying is true.
tomseim2g@gmail.com: Jun 29 03:29PM -0700

> >> truth.
 
> >Scarborough is a complete idiot.
 
> He might be, but what Hannity quoted him saying is true.
 
Scarborough once called Trump "the greatest liar that's ever sat in the White House."
 
No, that is FALSE. The greatest White House liar is, of course, "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor" Obama, who was awarded the Liar of the Year award by PolitiFact.
BK@Onramp.net: Jun 29 05:38PM -0500


>> >Scarborough is a complete idiot.
 
>> He might be, but what Hannity quoted him saying is true.
 
>Scarborough once called Trump "the greatest liar that's ever sat in the White House."
 
He is.
 
>No, that is FALSE. The greatest White House liar is, of course, "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor" Obama, who was awarded the Liar of the Year award by PolitiFact.
 
Not even close.
Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>: Jun 29 02:53PM -0700

>>> consequential (telling kids there is a Santa Clause is not a lie).
 
>> Yes. It is a lie. It's not an important lie, but it's still lying.
 
> Not by my standards, it isn't. You obviously have much lower standards.
 
No. I have HIGHER standards.
 
>> to make himself look more successful than he really is... ...because
>> he's a huge narcissist.
 
> Difference of opinion: I don't think the number of covers is important at at, by anybody's standards it is a lot.
 
But by your own definition it isn't whether YOU think it's important
that matters. Clearly, Trump thought it important enough to lie about it.
 
 
>> Ummmm... ...no. If you haven't checked to see what the actual record for
>> Time magazine covers is, and you claim yours is the record, you're lying.
 
> Trump never claimed he set a record.
 
Yes: he did.
 
Woodward specifically referenced lie number 2 on the NY Times list:
 
'JAN. 21 "A reporter for Time magazine — and I have been on their cover
14 or 15 times. I think we have the all-time record in the history of
Time magazine." (Trump was on the cover 11 times and Nixon appeared 55
times.)'
 
>>> at least, 12 years.
 
>> How do you know Axelrod isn't lying?
 
> How do you know he isn't. Google "Obama gay marriage" and you will get a boat load of hits, that was just the first one. All you are trying to do is obfusicate the issue. Surprise, surprise...
 
I don't. But I don't assume he's telling the truth based on nothing.
 
Hits are nothing.
 
>>> above criteria.
 
>> There are literally hundreds of lies from Trump.
 
> There are literally hundreds of UNPROVEN lies from Trump. Virtually all of them (that I have seen) DO NOT meet the above criteria.
 
There are hundreds of proven lies. That's simply a fact.
 
BK@Onramp.net: Jun 29 04:59PM -0500


>> >So-called "lies" that don't meet this standard come across as nit-picking by the accuser and dilutes all future accusations (the boy who cried wolf syndrome). Somehow liberals think they are bolstering the case against Trump by running up the number of "lies." I think that Obama was lying virtually everytime he spoke, but I reserve my own examples to only those lies that clearly meet the above criteria.
 
>> You're full of shit, and that's no lie.
 
>As are you - it is a natural bodily function.
 
But most people don't divest themselves of it through
Usenet as you do.
 
You
BK@Onramp.net: Jun 29 05:17PM -0500

On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 14:38:48 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gdstrue@aol.com>
wrote:
 
 
>>How does your own medicine taste?
 
>I have no idea to what you're referring.
 
>You frequently attack the source rather than commenting on the content.
 
Never without reading that source, which IS commenting on the content.
 
>to criticize an article if you didn't even read it. There was no
>mention of the fake Time cover.
 
>You're the brilliant person who says that "all politicians lie." Apparently Trump's lies are the ones that really matter.
 
I don't recall saying that although I find it to be true. What is
apparent is that Donald Trump has lied more than any politician in my
lifetime, probably ever and some really matter. He's a bad
person....period.
tomseim2g@gmail.com: Jun 29 03:08PM -0700

He even delays his much-ballyhooed Russian interference probe:
 
http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/28/schumer-blocks-national-security-briefing-for-senate-committee/
 
When will he stop acting like a jerk? Don't tell me - I know the answer: NEVER!
"Willey Brennan" <Billbrenn@yahoo.com>: Jun 29 07:26AM -0400

IT thinks that's cute. Wadda sick, little Asshole, without a life.
"Willey Brennan" <Billbrenn@yahoo.com>: Jun 29 07:24AM -0400

Oooops.... no, not caring, only seeking attention.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.golf+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment