Digest for rec.sport.football.college@googlegroups.com - 25 updates in 13 topics

Saturday, June 3, 2017

"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 03 06:05AM -0700

I occasionally click the spam Amazon sends just to see what's there. Virtual window shopping if you will.
 
I just clicked a link to Summer Essentials, 70% Off or More.
 
First item, a grey t-shirt. $85.
 
Every single one of us, me included are dumbasses.
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jun 03 03:49PM

On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 06:05:50 -0700 (PDT), "the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com"
 
>I just clicked a link to Summer Essentials, 70% Off or More.
 
>First item, a grey t-shirt. $85.
 
>Every single one of us, me included are dumbasses.
 
OMG! I thought the 10#er hanging on my den wall was the dum bass.
 
Hugh
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jun 03 01:02PM


>Probably because I never said that.
>I'm not like you, taking honor from
>people who actually fought.
 
I had not realized that I could take anyone's honor. The thought of
having that much power both startles and humbles me.
 
I am free to say pretty much what I think BECAUSE people fought and
died to enable me to do that. But, if the survivors want to play
verbal kickass with me I accept the challenge.
 
If you want to try to ridicule me for not being in combat, my response
is that they considered you expendable, but not me. Of course the real
reason is that I was born in 1927 and not 1926 and my parents insisted
I finish high school.
 
Being, or not being, in combat does not allow anyone to speak as he
wishes without some fear of retribution, albeit maybe not physical.
xyz's buddy wanted to play kickass and I accomodated him.
 
I ridicule you because you won't be as honorable and truthful as I am
and honestly give some indication of your service when challenged.
That's shameful and disgraceful.
 
If you actually volunteered to serve in the military that's a helluva
lot better than a lot of others.
 
Hugh
 
 
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
"wolfie" <bgbdwolf@gte.net>: Jun 03 09:48AM -0400

"J. Hugh Sullivan" wrote
 
> If you want to try to ridicule me for not being in combat
 
No, we ridicule you because you talk about it ALL the
time, for little reason. In on topic terms, you're the
guy who signed-up for intermural football at Alabama
and talks incessantly about how you played football at
Alabama and how great it was to win a couple of NCs.
 
I have a couple of uncles who served in the Pacific,
including one who had his ship sunk (and got put right
away on another one) and another who survived having
his ship hit by a kamikaze. My best friend's father was
on the Missouri. My father's brother was 10th Mountain
in Italy. My BIL saw five combat tours before he retired.
My father served photo recon over Korea, including having
his nice, slow prop plane survive passes by MiGs.
YOU don't impress me; I did as much - voluntarily enlisted
and served my hitch, got an honorable discharge. And so
have millions of others. Having served is good. But it
doesn't make you a special snowflake like you seem to
believe. In fact, your constant harping on it makes you
seem very, very small.
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jun 03 03:46PM


>> If you want to try to ridicule me for not being in combat
 
>No, we ridicule you because you talk about it ALL the
>time, for little reason.
 
Hoss, little pissants like you get my attention only as a punching
bag.
 
>guy who signed-up for intermural football at Alabama
>and talks incessantly about how you played football at
>Alabama and how great it was to win a couple of NCs.
 
Partly right and partly you being a lying son of a bitch. I signed up
for intramural because I broke my ankle 4 times and never got to play.
I gave up my football scholly because I had the GI Bill.
 
>in Italy. My BIL saw five combat tours before he retired.
>My father served photo recon over Korea, including having
>his nice, slow prop plane survive passes by MiGs.
 
My sincerest respects to them - but you can't use their honor as your
own.
 
>YOU don't impress me;
 
I don't have to impress you. In a military situation I could order
someone to order someone to tell you what to do
 
>I did as much
 
That's a flat out lie.
 
>- voluntarily enlisted
 
Me, too.
 
>and served my hitch,
 
So did my dad and 1 son - I served as directed for 33 years.
 
>got an honorable discharge.
 
So did I and I earned retirement. In addition I was selected for OCS
when I was 17, was Commander of my company at boot camp (so was our
son). I was CO of Reserve units 3 times - one twice which broke the
rules.
 
Perhaps making E6 was the best you could do. Making 0-5 was the best I
could do - it's called Peter Principle.
 
>doesn't make you a special snowflake like you seem to
>believe. In fact, your constant harping on it makes you
>seem very, very small.
 
I'm glad I'm at an age where I can laugh at white niggers like you
who get a warm feeling when covered in shit.
 
However, I commend you for overcoming your cowardice and embarrassment
and relating your military history. That part deserves respect and
ends my challenges in that regard.
 
That you didn't serve in combat doesn't matter to me - you were not
authorized to make that determination any more than I was. Tongue in
cheek I always thank Marines for going ashore and making it safe for
me.
 
Hugh
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
dotslashderek@gmail.com: Jun 03 08:15AM -0700

"These mandatory sentencing guidelines are bonkers."
 
I paraphrase - interesting perspective from a long time judge who is fed up with sending nonviolent addicts to jail for long periods of time.
 
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/02/politics/mandatory-minimum-sentencing-sessions/index.html
 
Cheers.
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jun 03 12:24PM

On Fri, 2 Jun 2017 14:19:27 -0700 (PDT), jim brown
 
>She called them back today and left a message and they never got back to he=
>r. I'm thinking it was some sort of mix up. Or else my theory about the p=
>arameters of the Credit Union.
 
If they were supposed to get back and did not, why don't you get back?
 
 
Hugh
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
jim brown <jimbrowndoc@yahoo.com>: Jun 03 06:58AM -0700

On Saturday, June 3, 2017 at 7:24:00 AM UTC-5, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
> >r. I'm thinking it was some sort of mix up. Or else my theory about the p=
> >arameters of the Credit Union.
 
> If they were supposed to get back and did not, why don't you get back?
 
She left them a couple messages. This seems like their problem, not ours, at this point.
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jun 03 03:11PM

On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 06:58:13 -0700 (PDT), jim brown
>> >arameters of the Credit Union.
 
>> If they were supposed to get back and did not, why don't you get back?
 
>She left them a couple messages. This seems like their problem, not ours, at this point.
 
By not getting back with you IMO they are being rude, insulting and,
in effect, telling you to perform an impossible act.
 
I have never found that tolerable - I always follow up. But, you have
to be yourself, not me.
 
Hugh
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 03 05:53AM -0700

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/32946/
 
Just Mizzourah, I predict an incredible drop in admissions next fall.
"Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger" <damonhynes@gmail.com>: Jun 03 07:59AM -0700

Good.
JGibson <james.m.gibson@gmail.com>: Jun 03 07:46AM -0700

On Friday, June 2, 2017 at 12:10:19 PM UTC-4, JGibson wrote:
> http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article153948674.html
 
Apparently Snyder changed his mind.
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: Jun 03 01:11AM -0400

On 6/2/2017 4:10 PM, JGibson wrote:
>> "And that Kaepernick kneeled for the national anthem."
 
>> Wait, that's not a thing? #!$!, no wonder everyone at the memorial day parade was giving me the stinkeye...
 
> And another one this week. Not family. His biggest concern about Lebron James getting the N word painted on his fence was that he probably has rap music in his car where they use the N-word derivative.
 
Ever listened to Patti Smith "RNR N"?
JGibson <james.m.gibson@gmail.com>: Jun 03 07:45AM -0700

On Saturday, June 3, 2017 at 1:11:25 AM UTC-4, Ken Olson wrote:
 
> >> Wait, that's not a thing? #!$!, no wonder everyone at the memorial day parade was giving me the stinkeye...
 
> > And another one this week. Not family. His biggest concern about Lebron James getting the N word painted on his fence was that he probably has rap music in his car where they use the N-word derivative.
 
> Ever listened to Patti Smith "RNR N"?
 
No.
CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>: Jun 03 05:41AM

On Sat, 03 Jun 2017 00:11:16 -0400, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
 
> No, Donald. They are laughing at YOU.
 
Democrats are so shallow and Kathy Griffinesque. What our illustrious and
munificent leader, who little children sing songs of praise to, indicated
was that other countries laugh at morons who literally give themselves
into the poorhouse while getting absolutely nothing but smarmy bullshit
for gratitude.
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jun 03 01:09PM

On Sat, 3 Jun 2017 00:11:16 -0400, RoddyMcCorley
 
>No, Donald. They are laughing at YOU.
 
The local bugle mentioned this morn that the current unemployment rate
is 4.3% - the lowest in 16 years.
 
Obama - GFY.
 
OTOH if Trump bans Comey from testifying I will absolutely disagree.
Honesty and truth are far more important than Trump - at least to
responsible people.
 
Hugh
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 03 06:02AM -0700

AUBIEGONNAWINITALL!!!111
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 03 06:01AM -0700

Texas? I thought you said pork.
 
Moo?
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jun 03 12:28PM

On Fri, 02 Jun 2017 16:30:13 -0700, Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>
wrote:
 
>Read an article reports many regret college choice or
>field of study. The article has very little in it.
 
"Never look back. Someone might be gaining on you." ($1 to Satchel
Paige)
 
Hugh
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jun 03 12:33PM

On Fri, 2 Jun 2017 19:54:36 -0700 (PDT), "Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger"
 
>Not answering your question directly, but I know my college experience would have been vastly better if I were attending it now, in my mid-50s.
 
Life is not perfect but I never have regrets. The closest is that I'm
not in my 40s or 50s and able to take college classes under liberal
professors. That would be almost orgasmic.
 
Hugh
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 03 05:57AM -0700

Seconded on medicine.
 
Also, a small liberal arts school would've been better.
 
And where would I apply a design degree in clinical research, app dev, and sales?
 
Finally, those 4 years were a gigantic waste of time and money.
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jun 03 12:18PM

On Fri, 02 Jun 2017 14:23:25 -0700, Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>
wrote:
 
 
>Oh. You say things, then do not stand by them.
 
I'm not in the justification business and I can't draw you a picture
on rsfc.
 
If you killed someone you would say it was his fault you went to
prison.
 
Hugh
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>: Jun 03 05:44AM

On Fri, 02 Jun 2017 16:52:15 -0700, Eric Ramon wrote:
 
> On Friday, June 2, 2017 at 3:46:53 PM UTC-7, Michael Press wrote:
>> <http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/06/02/move-mika-joe-
scarborough-obsessed-steve-bannon/>
 
> oh crikey! Not another Breitbart article!
 
It's a more reliable and trustworthy link than any of the enemy media,
period. Every single one of them have dropped all pretense of objectivity
and are on a stated mission to have President Donald Trump impeached.
It's their job, bro.
Some dued <theodoreward@gmail.com>: Jun 02 11:38PM -0700

Its the modern day Pravda!
Some dued <theodoreward@gmail.com>: Jun 03 12:46AM -0700

I should say: The modern day "old timey" Pravda.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.football.college+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment