Digest for alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 1 topic

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Dan the Man <dan708@yahoo.com>: Jun 23 09:19AM -0700

> 30. Titans
> 31. Rams
> 32. Chiefs
 
They've got us 14th? I guess we get bonus points for hanging with the team during that 7-year playoff drought.
 
Anecdote: Back in '90, I saw a Dolphins-Eagles pre-season game at the old Veterans Stadium. My brother, nephew, and I took a tour bus for the 60-mile trip. There were ALMOST as many Phins phans on that bus as Birds rooters!
"euphemism@mindspring.com" <euphemism@mindspring.com>: Jun 23 10:51AM -0700

On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 11:19:09 AM UTC-5, Dan the Man wrote:
> > 32. Chiefs
 
> They've got us 14th? I guess we get bonus points for hanging with the team during that 7-year playoff drought.
 
> Anecdote: Back in '90, I saw a Dolphins-Eagles pre-season game at the old Veterans Stadium. My brother, nephew, and I took a tour bus for the 60-mile trip. There were ALMOST as many Phins phans on that bus as Birds rooters!
 
 
I can't claim to know, but it had always been my impression that the Dolphins and the Cowboys had the biggest "nation-wide" fan base because back in the '70s those two head coaches were so well know (Shula/Landry).
 
I'm sure things have changed over the intervening years. This latest list is an attempt to link a wholly immeasurable and subjective concept to a measurable statistic. Yeah... okay.
Drumrboy <drumrboy@aol.com>: Jun 23 04:45PM -0700

1:51 PMeuph...@mindspring.com
- show quoted text -
I can't claim to know, but it had always been my impression that the Dolphins and the Cowboys had the biggest "nation-wide" fan base because back in the '70s those two head coaches were so well know (Shula/Landry).
 
I'm sure things have changed over the intervening years. This latest list is an attempt to link a wholly immeasurable and subjective concept to a measurable statistic. Yeah... okay.
 
Steelers should be #1
Pack #2
Cowpokes #3
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment