Digest for rec.sport.tennis@googlegroups.com - 25 updates in 7 topics

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: May 28 01:07PM -0700

> On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 8:11:19 PM UTC+2, Gracchus wrote:
 
> > Years ago I saw a boxing match where George Foreman fought some German guy. The network switched over occasionally to Germany during the fight and showed the other fighter's fans congregated in a beer hall to watch the match.
 
> Most probably was no beer hall.
 
Maybe a Biergarten then.
 
> > They were all raising their steins and singing ancient Nazi songs the way you guys do. So there it is then.
 
> Ah, all those great Nazi songs!!!
> Which ones did they sing?
 
That one about Horst Wessel. They were all goosestepping in place while they drank and sang. After the fight, they shook their fists at Foreman's black image on the screen and cursed him for beating their great German hope.
TT <ascii@dprk.kp>: May 28 11:20PM +0300


> Ah, all those great Nazi songs!!!
> Which ones did they sing?
 
> Max
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sqwkpiFg4c
*skriptis <skriptis@post.t-com.hr>: May 28 11:25PM +0200


>> > Years ago I saw a boxing match where George Foreman fought some German guy. The network switched over occasionally to Germany during the fight and showed the other fighter's fans congregated in a beer hall to watch the match.
 
>> Most probably was no beer hall.
 
> Maybe a Biergarten then.
 
 
Just today
 
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-05-28/merkel-tell
s-beer-tent-rally-that-europe-must-plot-own-course
 
 
ha ha
 
 
 
 
 
>> Ah, all those great Nazi songs!!!
>> Which ones did they sing?
 
> That one about Horst Wessel. They were all goosestepping in place while they drank and sang. After the fight, they shook their fists at Foreman's black image on the screen and cursed him for beating their great German hope.
 
 
Songs didn't kill anyone. Irrelevant. It's very hard to maintain
taboo indefinitely. Eventually someone will be rebellious and
start singing it.
 
You don't rebel by working in a bank.
 
 
 
 
--
 
 
----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
calimero377@gmx.de: May 28 03:07PM -0700

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 10:07:05 PM UTC+2, Gracchus wrote:
 
> > Ah, all those great Nazi songs!!!
> > Which ones did they sing?
 
> That one about Horst Wessel. They were all goosestepping in place while they drank and sang. After the fight, they shook their fists at Foreman's black image on the screen and cursed him for beating their great German hope.
 
I will try that.
Goosestepping while drinking and singing, lol!!
 
You Trumpers really have funny ideas!
 
 
Max
Scott <scottl44@yahoo.com>: May 28 01:52PM -0700

On Saturday, May 27, 2017 at 10:19:56 PM UTC-4, DavidW wrote:
 
> > Pliskova def Kerber
 
> Yeah, I figured it out after a while. L is next K and B is next to N on
> the keyboard.
 
Maybe spell check was trying to tell me something. ;
jdeluise <jdeluise@gmail.com>: May 28 09:28PM

On Sun, 28 May 2017 13:45:01 +0200, *skriptis wrote:
 
> You seem to have missed his picks but have a pick on my
> picks.
 
That's because you clearly lied the last time you posted late but due to
DavidW's unwarranted display of charity your picks were allowed to
stand. DavidW really needs to tighten up the ship and stop using that
ridiculous "Before the first ball is struck" line inherited from Hops....
just post a date/time already.
*skriptis <skriptis@post.t-com.hr>: May 28 11:55PM +0200


> That's because you clearly lied the last time you posted late but due to
> DavidW's unwarranted display of charity your picks were allowed to
> stand.
 
 
And has anyone got hurt?
 
This is a game ffs. However, it's indicative of what's troubling
with today's societies.
 
Social justice warriors, mean people etc having too much influence
and degenerating everything around them.
 
Like I said, being couple of minutes late doesn't violate spirit
of the game if the only guys who took the court, are two clowns
whom btw no one picked in the first place.
 
If you don't understand the purpose of the rules, then I can't
explain it.
 
 
 
>DavidW really needs to tighten up the ship and stop using that
> ridiculous "Before the first ball is struck" line inherited from Hops....
> just post a date/time already.
 
Another dictator who wants to tell other people how to run their game.
Lame. Weak. Loser.
 
Davidw doesn't have to do anything, and he certainly doesn't have
to do what you tell him to do.
 
It's his game, and he should do as he pleases.
 
I've already said, I posted my picks to mock pelle who was 5
minutes late, and I was 10. I didn't say anything about my picks
nor asked to be accepted.
 
It's only couple of you, evil hyenas that made a fuss about it.
 
I certainly feel that accepting Pelle, mine and TTs picks, who was
even more late wouldn't harm the game as the purpose of it is,
let me reveal it, is fun.
 
The more the merrier, and since only clowns and not the players in
question took the court, and it was matter of minutes at most, I
certainly feel that there was a "room" for accepting all 3 picks
like he had done to various posters accordingly over the years.

 
However I have no trouble with DavidW doing what he thinks should
be done in his game. He chooser to be strict this time, I'm fine
with that. Didn't say a word to him nor would I ever say.

 
 
But he certainly was bullied over his decision last time by you
hyenas. On a subconscious level it certainly affected him and
probably was more biased this time.
 
 
That's why is it so important to crush SJW types all the time,
everywhere, so to prevent them from bullying people, like you've
done to David.
--
 
 
----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
TT <ascii@dprk.kp>: May 28 09:48PM +0300

Gracchus kirjoitti 28.5.2017 klo 21:13:
 
>>> Arrival was too complicated for Trumpers.
 
>> No pussy grabbing.
 
> Although the heptapods would have been very good at it. Imagine the possibilities!
 
looool
 
Good one
soccerfan777 <zepfloyes@gmail.com>: May 28 12:00PM -0700

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 1:13:55 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:
 
> > > Arrival was too complicated for Trumpers.
 
> > No pussy grabbing.
 
> Although the heptapods would have been very good at it. Imagine the possibilities!
 
I must say I agree with Iceberg - at least partly. Arrival was super boring. And the acting was sub par as well. I don't like that dull female - Amy Adams.
calimero377@gmx.de: May 28 12:49PM -0700

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 9:00:41 PM UTC+2, soccerfan777 wrote:
 
> > > No pussy grabbing.
 
> > Although the heptapods would have been very good at it. Imagine the possibilities!
 
> I must say I agree with Iceberg - at least partly. Arrival was super boring. And the acting was sub par as well. I don't like that dull female - Amy Adams.
 
 
I don't think you understood that movie.
 
Max
Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: May 28 12:50PM -0700

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 12:00:41 PM UTC-7, soccerfan777 wrote:
 
> I must say I agree with Iceberg - at least partly. Arrival was super boring. And the acting was sub par as well. I don't like that dull female - Amy Adams.
 
It was great. You've been outvoted.
grif <griffin_230@hotmail.com>: May 28 10:07PM +0100

On 28/05/2017 20:00, soccerfan777 wrote:
 
>>> No pussy grabbing.
 
>> Although the heptapods would have been very good at it. Imagine the possibilities!
 
> I must say I agree with Iceberg - at least partly. Arrival was super boring. And the acting was sub par as well. I don't like that dull female - Amy Adams.
 
Both you and Icey might appreciate it more after reading the short story it's adapted from:
http://discours.philol.msu.ru/attachments/article/264/Chiang_Story%20of%20Your%20Life.pdf
Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: May 28 02:32PM -0700

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 2:07:57 PM UTC-7, grif wrote:
 
> > I must say I agree with Iceberg - at least partly. Arrival was super boring. And the acting was sub par as well. I don't like that dull female - Amy Adams.
 
> Both you and Icey might appreciate it more after reading the short story it's adapted from:
> http://discours.philol.msu.ru/attachments/article/264/Chiang_Story%20of%20Your%20Life.pdf
 
Yeah, grif...they're going to be reading that real soon.
grif <griffin_230@hotmail.com>: May 28 10:33PM +0100

On 28/05/2017 22:32, Gracchus wrote:
 
>> Both you and Icey might appreciate it more after reading the short story it's adapted from:
>> http://discours.philol.msu.ru/attachments/article/264/Chiang_Story%20of%20Your%20Life.pdf
 
> Yeah, grif...they're going to be reading that real soon.
 
It's only 33 pages!
Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: May 28 02:42PM -0700

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 2:33:30 PM UTC-7, grif wrote:
> >> http://discours.philol.msu.ru/attachments/article/264/Chiang_Story%20of%20Your%20Life.pdf
 
> > Yeah, grif...they're going to be reading that real soon.
 
> It's only 33 pages!
 
For these guys that's "War and Peace."
soccerfan777 <zepfloyes@gmail.com>: May 28 02:47PM -0700


> > > Although the heptapods would have been very good at it. Imagine the possibilities!
 
> > I must say I agree with Iceberg - at least partly. Arrival was super boring. And the acting was sub par as well. I don't like that dull female - Amy Adams.
 
> I don't think you understood that movie.
 
I understood that the movie was boring.
soccerfan777 <zepfloyes@gmail.com>: May 28 02:47PM -0700

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 2:50:37 PM UTC-5, Gracchus wrote:
> On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 12:00:41 PM UTC-7, soccerfan777 wrote:
 
> > I must say I agree with Iceberg - at least partly. Arrival was super boring. And the acting was sub par as well. I don't like that dull female - Amy Adams.
 
> It was great. You've been outvoted.
 
I was outvoted with Inception as well. I hate it with a passion.
soccerfan777 <zepfloyes@gmail.com>: May 28 02:50PM -0700

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 4:07:57 PM UTC-5, grif wrote:
 
> > I must say I agree with Iceberg - at least partly. Arrival was super boring. And the acting was sub par as well. I don't like that dull female - Amy Adams.
 
> Both you and Icey might appreciate it more after reading the short story it's adapted from:
> http://discours.philol.msu.ru/attachments/article/264/Chiang_Story%20of%20Your%20Life.pdf
 
I bet that story is hundred times better than that movie. Amy Adams with her super serious stone look ruined it for me. I watched it with my buddy. He liked it more than I did. Then I asked him to see Snatch with me... just to erase the memory of the boring POS we had just seen. And then he said... "man, your selection is way better".
Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: May 28 02:55PM -0700

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 2:50:07 PM UTC-7, soccerfan777 wrote:
 
> > Both you and Icey might appreciate it more after reading the short story it's adapted from:
> > http://discours.philol.msu.ru/attachments/article/264/Chiang_Story%20of%20Your%20Life.pdf
 
> I bet that story is hundred times better than that movie. Amy Adams with her super serious stone look ruined it for me. I watched it with my buddy. He liked it more than I did. Then I asked him to see Snatch with me... just to erase the memory of the boring POS we had just seen. And then he said... "man, your selection is way better".
 
You might as well have added "Bachelor Party" to make it a triple-feature. Don't want to neglect the classics.
TT <ascii@dprk.kp>: May 28 11:13PM +0300

Court_1 kirjoitti 27.5.2017 klo 1:49:
> You should watch it. You'll appreciate a young ‎Jennifer O'Neill. She was super pretty IMO.
 
Just finished watching it... You know me...I certainly appreciated
O'Neill. Perfect.
 
And a great film! One of the best coming of age films. So underrated.
Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: May 28 02:22PM -0700

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 1:13:52 PM UTC-7, TT wrote:
 
> Just finished watching it... You know me...I certainly appreciated
> O'Neill. Perfect.

> And a great film! One of the best coming of age films. So underrated.
 
Glad you liked it. Coming of age films aren't my favorite genre, but IMO this one gets the balance just right.
TennisGuy <TGuy@techsavvy.com>: May 28 02:32PM -0400

On 5/22/2017 10:17 AM, Patrick Kehoe wrote:
> hear that... You are on of the best contributors around here... one
> of my RST heroes...
 
> P
 
Thanks Patrick. It's nice to know at least one person appreciates
my contributions here. :)
 
You are one of my fav's on rst.
Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: May 28 12:55PM -0700

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 11:27:47 AM UTC-7, TennisGuy wrote:
 
> > What about Stan? He's nowhere near as consistent as Federer (who is?),
> > but at his best he's probably better to watch no?
 
> I do enjoy watching Stan demolish players like Djoker and Nadal. :)
 
Yeah, that's always fun.
calimero377@gmx.de: May 28 11:32AM -0700

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 7:27:20 PM UTC+2, Pelle Svanslös wrote:
 
> Polls in Germany say Mrs Merkel is on course to be re-elected for a
> fourth term as German chancellor at elections in September.
 
> http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40078183
 
 
 
Don't panic.
The orange clown will be gone in 4 years, maybe sooner.
And the UK will be back in the EU in some form within the next 10 years.
 
 
Max
soccerfan777 <zepfloyes@gmail.com>: May 28 07:39AM -0700

Amanda Anisimova. She plays well for her age. She is playing her 1st round as a wild card. Future champion?
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.tennis+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment