Digest for rec.sport.tennis@googlegroups.com - 25 updates in 10 topics

Saturday, May 13, 2017

RaspingDrive <raspingdrive@gmail.com>: May 13 09:35AM -0700

Looks to be a certainty with the clobbering of Djok at Madrid. Wow.
 
Ten FO's. Wow. Federer's 18 is unsafe! He better play for O 2020, meaning he better try getting more slam titles. Iceeeyyy he he he.
Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: May 13 09:42AM -0700

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 9:36:00 AM UTC-7, RaspingDrive wrote:
 
> Looks to be a certainty with the clobbering of Djok at Madrid. Wow.
 
> Ten FO's. Wow. Federer's 18 is unsafe! He better play for O 2020, meaning he better try getting more slam titles. Iceeeyyy he he he.
 
He has to be seen as the clear favorite, but "certainty" is a minefield. We've seen players enter a slam off a string of tuneup wins before only to come crashing down in flames like the Hindenberg. I hold out a thin hope that will be the case here. :)
PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com>: May 13 09:45AM -0700

What matters who will peak when it matters the most.
RaspingDrive <raspingdrive@gmail.com>: May 13 09:49AM -0700

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 12:42:36 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:
 
> > Looks to be a certainty with the clobbering of Djok at Madrid. Wow.
 
> > Ten FO's. Wow. Federer's 18 is unsafe! He better play for O 2020, meaning he better try getting more slam titles. Iceeeyyy he he he.
 
> He has to be seen as the clear favorite, but "certainty" is a minefield. We've seen players enter a slam off a string of tuneup wins before only to come crashing down in flames like the Hindenberg. I hold out a thin hope that will be the case here. :)
 
I agree, 'clear favorite' is the correct way to explain the situation. Barring that 2009 loss, Nadal has gone on to win all others when he was the clear favorite. Ten FO titles is a mind boggling record. Who is going to overhaul it in a 100 years?
RzR <2r4z0r2@gmail.com>: May 13 07:34PM +0200

On 5/13/2017 6:35 PM, RaspingDrive wrote:
> Federer's 18 is unsafe!
 
A HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
 
good one man, i needed a laugh
Guypers <gapp111@gmail.com>: May 13 10:40AM -0700

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 1:34:09 PM UTC-4, RzR wrote:
> > Federer's 18 is unsafe!
 
> A HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
 
> good one man, i needed a laugh
 
Garbage post!
Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: May 13 09:23AM -0700

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 9:18:40 AM UTC-7, Patrick Kehoe wrote:
> > close, like we saw today. Joker was demoralized from about game 4 onwards.
 
> You don't REALLY want to have a boxing debate with me, do you?
 
> :))))
 
Nadal---> Mayweather....no. Johnny Tapia maybe.
TT <ascii@dprk.kp>: May 13 07:32PM +0300

13.5.2017, 19:15, stephenJ kirjoitti:
> without sacrificing that defense, he starts to throw in his stinging
> offensive shots. The net result is usually a 12-0 shutout or something
> close, like we saw today. Joker was demoralized from about game 4 onwards.
 
I don't believe that Rafa starts matches defensively to demoralize his
opponent... he may start slow due to nerves and trying to find his
rhythm. When he gains confidence his game gradually becomes more
aggressive and deadly.
Guypers <gapp111@gmail.com>: May 13 10:34AM -0700

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 12:32:24 PM UTC-4, TT wrote:
> opponent... he may start slow due to nerves and trying to find his
> rhythm. When he gains confidence his game gradually becomes more
> aggressive and deadly.
 
Seriously? Novak played like shit, almost like stimpras on clay?
bmoore@nyx.net: May 13 09:45AM -0700

On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 3:41:36 PM UTC-7, bob wrote:
> another side.
 
> besides, you've criticized me for a few weeks now regularly, telling
> you to "wake up" and look at all sides isn't particularly mean.
 
Yeah, but your inference that those of us who disagree with you are only looking at one side is flat out wrong. It's particularly obvious in this case. Oh well.
bmoore@nyx.net: May 13 09:48AM -0700

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 2:22:57 AM UTC-7, The Iceberg wrote:
 
> > > it's on the NIH website. wake up.
 
> > If you actually wanted to educate, you wouldn't be so condescending - you would just point directly to something that confirms your claim.
 
> I like educating everyone that your parents always voted Democrat and that's the only reason you do.
 
Do you really think your silly posts educate people about *anything*?
RaspingDrive <raspingdrive@gmail.com>: May 13 09:30AM -0700

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 12:21:24 PM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:
 
> You're very disingenuine. When all is set & done we're here to talk
> about tennis.
 
> : )
 
Try the word 'disingenuous'. And what is 'ease drop'?
Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: May 13 09:31AM -0700

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 9:21:24 AM UTC-7, Whisper wrote:
 
> You're very disingenuine. When all is set & done we're here to talk
> about tennis.
 
> : )
 
Too late to mask the compound blunders now, Whisp. But nice try. Had you simply admitted the original error and moved on, we would have been back to talking about tennis just as quickly. Your ego made you defend it instead.
Whisper <beaver999@ozemail.com>: May 14 02:45AM +1000

On 14/05/2017 2:31 AM, Gracchus wrote:
 
>> : )
 
> Too late to mask the compound blunders now, Whisp. But nice try. Had you simply admitted the original error and moved on, we would have been back to talking about tennis just as quickly. Your ego made you defend it instead.
 
Well, if you look in the archives (> 10 yrs ago) you're not the 1st to
pick me up on 'intents & purposes'. Daresay you won't be the last.
 
 
 
--
"A GOAT who isn't BOAT can never become GOAT if he plays alongside BOAT"
TT <ascii@dprk.kp>: May 13 03:16PM +0300

13.5.2017, 15:13, kaennorsing kirjoitti:
>> about right now.
 
>> bob
 
> It showed he's not losing to anyone on hardcourt other than the GOAT. This is very different from his hc results the past 6/7 years, where he hardly made any hc finals. Plus so far he's not losing to anyone on clay, period... Meaning he's back to his very best.
 
He was not back to his to best on HC, at least mentally.
Now he seems to be, on clay... which remains to be confirmed and today
will tell a lot.
RaspingDrive <raspingdrive@gmail.com>: May 13 09:24AM -0700

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 1:12:13 AM UTC-4, Court_1 wrote:
> On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 10:55:26 PM UTC-4, RaspingDrive wrote:
 
> > 'out of sorts' Djok should pose no problem for a rampaging Nadal.
 
> Those are my thoughts.
 
And we are proved correct :)
RaspingDrive <raspingdrive@gmail.com>: May 13 09:25AM -0700

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 6:23:56 AM UTC-4, TT wrote:
> the favourite but not a foregone conclusion I think... Rafa should win
> IF he's playing as well and being as mentally strong as he has recently
> been.
 
A very circumspect TT! It turned out to be a clean sweep for Nadal. Very deserved win for the phenomenon. Seriously.
TT <ascii@dprk.kp>: May 13 07:36PM +0300

13.5.2017, 19:25, RaspingDrive kirjoitti:
>> IF he's playing as well and being as mentally strong as he has recently
>> been.
 
> A very circumspect TT! It turned out to be a clean sweep for Nadal.
 
I didn't expect Djoko would play THAT poorly, hadn't seen him play this
clay season and commentators claimed he seemed to be finding his game.
Brit commentators seem to be in awe with Djokovic.
 
I was correct about the deuce court serve, worked great for Rafa.
RaspingDrive <raspingdrive@gmail.com>: May 13 09:44AM -0700

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 12:36:53 PM UTC-4, TT wrote:
> clay season and commentators claimed he seemed to be finding his game.
> Brit commentators seem to be in awe with Djokovic.
 
> I was correct about the deuce court serve, worked great for Rafa.
 
You did not notice that Djok was 'out of sorts'? In reality it means that Nadal is playing better! Deserved win for him. No excuses accepted.
calimero377@gmx.de: May 13 09:42AM -0700

No tweets tonight?
 
Rewinding the tapes instead?
 
 
Max
calimero377@gmx.de: May 13 09:37AM -0700

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 10:37:29 AM UTC+2, The Iceberg wrote:
 
> The Public Sector Pension Investment Board (PSP), which serves the Royal Canadian Mounted Police alongside other civil servants and boasts C$125.8bn (£70.7bn) of assets under management, will today launch a hub in Victoria. PSP said the move signals the fund's "commitment to Europe".
 
> The president and chief executive of PSP Andre Bourbonnais told City A.M.: "There is a strong conviction within the senior management team and the board that London is and will remain the financial centre of Europe.
 
> We're all aware of the possible implications of Brexit. But in our mind with the talent that is here and the fact that London has been the financial centre of Europe for decades, we are committed to it and we think it is the best place for us.
 
 
Canada?
 
Lol
 
 
Max
TT <ascii@dprk.kp>: May 13 07:23PM +0300

13.5.2017, 19:12, Patrick Kehoe kirjoitti:
> The talk that his parents have fallen out with his wife
 
She seems rather mousy though.
RaspingDrive <raspingdrive@gmail.com>: May 13 09:27AM -0700

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 12:22:58 PM UTC-4, TT wrote:
> 13.5.2017, 19:12, Patrick Kehoe kirjoitti:
> > The talk that his parents have fallen out with his wife
 
> She seems rather mousy though.
 
The pipe cleaner and the mouse.
TT <ascii@dprk.kp>: May 13 07:26PM +0300

13.5.2017, 19:08, rec.sport.tennis kirjoitti:
> Nadal's playing well but he's not the force he used to be.
 
Could be after this win though.
 
> Djokovic is in
> crisis.
 
Pepe Imaz and Marco Djokovic will fix it...
Guypers <gapp111@gmail.com>: May 13 08:52AM -0700

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 11:29:46 AM UTC-4, Whisper wrote:
 
> --
> "A GOAT who isn't BOAT can never become GOAT if he plays alongside BOAT"
 
Fed has more talent in the sweat of his balls than the cheap greek or the mickenroe or coonores!!
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.tennis+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment