Digest for alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins@googlegroups.com - 9 updates in 5 topics

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

oceantracks@mac.com: Aug 08 03:39PM -0700

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article166040757.html
 
 
"He's looking awfully good"........from the film, "Heaven Can Wait."
Stu Gotts <ishkabibble99@hotmail.com>: Aug 08 09:48AM -0700

On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 10:26:59 AM UTC-4, Drumrboy wrote:
> Just awesome....
 
> https://www.facebook.com/MiamiDolphins/videos/10155396175706263/
 
In case anyone's wondering why Jason didn't thank his wife Katina... or why Zach Thomas apparently wasn't at Canton... Jason & Katina divorced in 2015 and pretty much kept it a secret.
 
http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/ent-columns-blogs/jose-lambiet/article165207992.html
Drumrboy <drumrboy@aol.com>: Aug 08 10:32AM -0700

Didn't know that. Oh well, shit happens...
 
Still thought he came off as a pretty humble guy.
Stu Gotts <ishkabibble99@hotmail.com>: Aug 08 12:39PM -0700

On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 1:32:08 PM UTC-4, Drumrboy wrote:
> Didn't know that. Oh well, shit happens.
> Still thought he came off as a pretty humble guy.
 
I thought so too. But thought it odd that while showing everyone he mentioned on camera they didn't show Zach. And then Jason didn't thank Katina... so I googled her and found that article.
 
Still... one of the most gracious and sincere HOF speeches I've ever seen.
"euphemism@mindspring.com" <euphemism@mindspring.com>: Aug 08 09:15AM -0700

On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 9:58:12 AM UTC-5, Razor wrote:
> breathing a sigh of relief that I can continue to get paid AND avoid
> concussions at the same time. There are a LOT worse gigs out there. Like
> starting for the Jets, for example.
 
 
 
In defense of the reporters, they need a story and this is one that could be huge for the Dolphins.
 
I think Dolphins fans know that Matt Moore has repeatedly side-stepped challenging for the starter's role in Miami and has been content to re-sign year after year in Miami, understanding that his role was to be the veteran back up. He is the closest thing to Don Strock since Don Strock.
 
It was great to see him put it on the line when he was forced to become the starter last year. Frankly, I thought maybe his heart would not be in it and he'd pull a Ted Ginn whenever the heat was on.
 
Matt was excellent last year and I admit I was wrong about his heart. He played hard and did well.
 
That said, the guy is not looking to be a tackling dummy behind a porous OL. I can picture him flipping the ball to Jay Cutler and saying "Knock yourself out, pal."
J Lunis <lunis.j@gmail.com>: Aug 08 02:52PM -0400


> It was great to see him put it on the line when he was forced to become the starter last year. Frankly, I thought maybe his heart would not be in it and he'd pull a Ted Ginn whenever the heat was on.
 
> Matt was excellent last year and I admit I was wrong about his heart. He played hard and did well.
 
> That said, the guy is not looking to be a tackling dummy behind a porous OL. I can picture him flipping the ball to Jay Cutler and saying "Knock yourself out, pal."
 
MM's biggest flaw? Reckless with the ball. HC's HATE that. Cutler
starts and, given my choice, I'd do the same thing.
"euphemism@mindspring.com" <euphemism@mindspring.com>: Aug 08 09:06AM -0700

Are you of a particular opinion regarding Jay Cutler and his value to the Miami Dolphins? Not me.
 
Here's my two-pennies worth regarding Cutler:
 
I remember way back when Cutler was in the draft. His strong (canon) arm was his big selling point. I haven't followed his career, but like most I'm aware that he has been controversial in his two career segments in Denver and the Chicago. I see no reason to assume that anything is now going to change for the better in Miami. I also don't know enough about the guy to simply dismiss him as another aging QB who has come to Miami to die.
 
So, if you ask me, my opinion is: "I don't know."
 
Will Miami win 6 games? (I don't know.)
 
Will Miami be the #2 team in the AFCE? (I don't know.)
 
Will Cutler be terrible, just okay, good or even great? (I don't know.)
 
Is Matt Moore being truthful when he graciously accepts being pushed aside? (I don't know)
 
Will Tannehill understand that he now needs to get the surgery and try to return in 2018? (I don't know.)
J Lunis <lunis.j@gmail.com>: Aug 08 02:50PM -0400


> Will Cutler be terrible, just okay, good or even great? (I don't know.)
 
> Is Matt Moore being truthful when he graciously accepts being pushed aside? (I don't know)
 
> Will Tannehill understand that he now needs to get the surgery and try to return in 2018? (I don't know.)
 
I can't imagine Miami paid Cutler $10mm+ to play 6-7 games. I'm
guessing RTan has surgery. How will Cutler do? Dunno. Most people say
he has more weapons than at any time in Chi. Don't know enough to disagree.
J Lunis <lunis.j@gmail.com>: Aug 08 02:47PM -0400

>> essentially made it clear who their starter is for the foreseeable
>> future this season. Tannehill will have to wait to find his own clarity.
 
> This franchise has a long history of sticking with people they should leave behind. He'll be here until he's 35.
 
I'm on record . . save this post. RTan WILL BE the Fins starter in '18 .
. . IF his surgery is deemed a success.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment