Digest for rec.sport.football.college@googlegroups.com - 25 updates in 14 topics

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jul 04 07:50PM


>> If the UnACA is repealed and the GoP can't agree
>> on a replacement the rates would revert to pre-Obama.
 
>I gotta admit that's the best joke you've ever said.
 
The most ignorant thing you ever said was to spin healthcare costs to
increase because of what actuaries think the current administration
might or might not do if they get their act together and do anything
or do nothing at all as the case may be.
 
Hugh
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: Jul 04 02:46PM -0400

>> no golden goose.
 
> Then you better bring it on, Jack.
 
> Mike
 
I wish someone would bring it on. I need the practice.
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 04 12:38PM -0700

In article <3c425688-eec9-4840-be8d-b967407d9553@googlegroups.com>,
 
> On Saturday, July 1, 2017 at 12:33:03 PM UTC-7, Ken Olson wrote:
> > http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/07/01/kamala-harris-gets-crushed-with-facts-after-claiming-gop-wants-to-steal-health-care-from-americans/
 
> The only thing about that which would be "fact" if that were the case would imply Americans have no right to health care -- which would mean they don't have a right to live either.
 
We all have healthcare readily available.
The right to life is the right to defend one's life.
There is no right to demand other people to take care of you.
 
--
Michael Press
darkstar7646@gmail.com: Jul 04 12:49PM -0700

On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 5:21:26 AM UTC-7, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
 
> You appear to be the best reason this country should work harder to
> eliminate child abuse.
 
Son, you best hope I don't engage in some elder abuse.
 
Mike
darkstar7646@gmail.com: Jul 04 12:50PM -0700

On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 12:38:22 PM UTC-7, Michael Press wrote:
 
> We all have healthcare readily available.
> The right to life is the right to defend one's life.
> There is no right to demand other people to take care of you.
 
Then there is no right to your safety either.
 
You forget something you Rethuglipigs need to remember quickfast: A lot of this is to make sure that some of us don't kill some of you.
 
Mike
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 04 12:22PM -0700

In article <a6c3c26a-5612-4cde-93e2-a6a7a32a9bbc@googlegroups.com>,
 
> > > I see that Trump is liked by some people. Rasmussen has him at 44% approval, 56% disapproval and that's the highest of any pollster (of course). So it's not like *everybody* dislikes him. And, as you mention, many who support him (or the policies being promoted in his name) know he's an $#^%&**#.
 
> > No, I did not mention that.
 
> go read your comment above to get your memory refreshed.
 
I did not mention what you say I did.
 
> > the meaning of the paragraph I quoted.
 
> > --
 
> You don't know what I think.
 
I do not waste time on knowing what you think.
 
 
> But seriously, why would you think that?
 
Nothing you said embodies the topic of the paragraph.
 
--
Michael Press
irishranger317@gmail.com: Jul 04 12:49PM -0700

On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 8:51:01 PM UTC-4, Eric Ramon wrote:
 
> > --
> > Michael Press
 
> I had to look up this Masugi. I'm "shocked" that a rightwinger would like Trump. Now that I know this rightwinger likes Trump I think I'm going to reexamine my own attitude because what a rightwinger writes is probably something I need to consider.
 
I like Bruce Springsteen's music. I dislike his left wing politics. I listen to his music when
he sings. I tell him to fuck off when he talks politics. Bruce and I get along OK.
 
Irish Mike
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jul 04 12:47PM -0700

Grabbed a red shirt out of the drawer this morning to go for a run. Already had on some black shorts.
 
As I'm headed for the door, my wife says, "you're going out like that?"
 
I gave her a WTF? look.
 
Her response, "you look like those Georgia idiots."
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 04 12:42PM -0700

In article <oje62f$r3g$1@dont-email.me>, "wolfie" <bgbdwolf@gte.net>
wrote:
 
 
> > See below.
 
> Giving an example of a misogynist statement
> doesn't help your case. HTH. HAND.
 
Ken is right and you are wrong.
 
In article <166be815-53ef-43fc-8285-ae672f277c50@googlegroups.com>,
darkstar7646@gmail.com wrote:
 
 
--
Michael Press
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 04 11:58AM -0700

In article <a0a5df25-3125-45c0-8423-a33161b1507b@googlegroups.com>,
 
> > --
> > Michael Press
 
> what's your point?
 
It's all right that you cannot perceive my point.
It's not your fault.
 
> Schilling is incorrect about that. He's a bum who freeloaded off the state of Rhode Island. So boo hoo hoo. Knowing where you get all your info, though, I can understand why you'd believe stuff like this.
 
Dry your tears and be a big boy.
 
--
Michael Press
Eric Ramon <ramon.eric@gmail.com>: Jul 04 12:24PM -0700

On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 11:58:34 AM UTC-7, Michael Press wrote:
 
 
> Dry your tears and be a big boy.
 
that's right, Schilling. Listen to Press.
Eric Ramon <ramon.eric@gmail.com>: Jul 04 12:31PM -0700

On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 6:38:31 AM UTC-7, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
> >aded off the state of Rhode Island. So boo hoo hoo. Knowing where you get a=
> >ll your info, though, I can understand why you'd believe stuff like this.
 
> What percent do you think he would get if not 90?
 
using Colin Kaepernick as an example I'd say 56% or lower.
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 04 12:26PM -0700

In article <ojfdmm$51n$1@dont-email.me>,
> >> history.
 
> > Well, yeah; that is what I meant with "bleached whale."
 
> Are you sure Christie is a mammal?
 
Sure as I can be.
 
--
Michael Press
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 04 12:19PM -0700

In article <595b9825.1386555453@news.eternal-september.org>,
> >Michael Press
 
> I think liberals are the result of child abuse. Why else would they
> need to support other worthless people with working people's money.
 
The subtle kind where a child is not given help dealing with strong feelings
and is not protected from things the child is not equipped to deal with.
 
--
Michael Press
michael anderson <mianderson79@gmail.com>: Jul 04 10:02AM -0700

On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 10:06:25 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
 
> > > Because real conservatiism resonates with a very small subset of people. He had to be a pseudo-con to get elected. This is what the real cons don't get.
 
> > Smaller government and individual liberty only resonates with a small number of people?
 
> Correct.
 
sadly, this is true. But I guess it depends on how you define 'small number'. I'd say 15-18% of the *voting* population cares about less taxes, smaller govt overall, etc...
 
Is that enough to get elected? Hell no...but thats why the strategy has always been to combine that group(my group) with:
 
-social/cultural conservatives(of which there is some overlap of course)
-another group that just hates dems and everything that stand for even though there are neither hard core social cons or fiscal cons(again some overlap)
 
thats always the strategy. Is it enough to get elected? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
 
Fortunately we have a few tools on our side we use to help put us over the top
"Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger" <damonhynes@gmail.com>: Jul 04 10:04AM -0700

On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 10:13:23 AM UTC-5, wolfie wrote:
 
> > Smaller government and individual liberty only
> > resonates with a small number of people?
 
> The Libertarian Party says "hi!"
 
Gary Johnson Libertarian New Mexico 4,489,221 3.28%
michael anderson <mianderson79@gmail.com>: Jul 04 10:10AM -0700

On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 9:54:17 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
 
> Trump has tapped into issues that people care about that the NR crowd (or The Atlantic crowd) didn't get.
 
> He did it by not being a real conservative. He's the pseudo-con.
 
> Because real conservatiism resonates with a very small subset of people. He had to be a pseudo-con to get elected. This is what the real cons don't get.
 
well someone like rubio(who is more of a real con than someone like trump, although rubio is far from perfect) would have won by a much wider margin. Simply because of how unlikable trumps opponent was. A wider margin only because trump was so unlikable by himself.
 
The interesting thing about this election was that any other republican(outside of maybe a fringe candidate type) would have beaten clinton by more. In one way you could say the same thing about any generic dem candidate vs trump because trump was so unlikable...but the problem with this statement, while theoretically true, has issues because the democratic national bench is so sorry that there is no 'generic dem candidate'....there is nothing generic about bernie sanders. They used to have these candidates in the past(a younger joe biden for example), but the democratic party doesn't have many joe bidens amongst its national ranks anymore. Just a lot of unelectable types(sanders, pocahontas, keith ellison) or very unappealing types(that black guy from new jersey)
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: Jul 04 02:36PM -0400

On 7/4/2017 11:06 AM, xyzzy wrote:
 
>>> Because real conservatiism resonates with a very small subset of people. He had to be a pseudo-con to get elected. This is what the real cons don't get.
 
>> Smaller government and individual liberty only resonates with a small number of people?
 
> Correct.
 
Then we are doomed.
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 04 12:03PM -0700

In article <df07d9ee-8c94-44b2-a18b-d9f36e5f4d21@googlegroups.com>,
 
> This statement is correct to a point.
 
> Trump has tapped into issues that people care about that the NR crowd (or The Atlantic crowd) didn't get.
 
> He did it by not being a real conservative. He's the pseudo-con.
 
I am not taking your word on who is a real conservative.
In the second place playing "Who is a real conservative"
is a waste of time.
 
> Because real conservatiism resonates with a very small subset of people. He had to be a pseudo-con to get elected. This is what the real cons don't get.
 
Yes, that is exactly the topic of the paragraph.
 
--
Michael Press
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 04 11:56AM -0700

Barack Obama gives speech in Indonesia.
 
"What we will see is more and more people arguing against
democracy, we will see more and more people who are looking to
restrict freedom of the press, and we'll see more intolerance,
more tribal divisions, more ethnic divisions, and religious
divisions and more violence," he said.
 
--
Michael Press
michael anderson <mianderson79@gmail.com>: Jul 04 11:51AM -0700

On Friday, June 30, 2017 at 2:01:25 PM UTC-5, michael anderson wrote:
> 1500? 2000?
 
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/JOHN-TRICKETT-B-1953-LARGE-SIGNED-OIL-PAINTING-ON-CANVAS-MISTY-RIVER-WOODS/352095252023?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055359.m1431.l2649
 
got it for a bit over 1500...not bad
 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/352095252023?ul_noapp=true
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 04 11:19AM -0700

Portland take note
<http://media.breitbart.com/media/2017/07/DDv9yLuXYAAgwQO.jpg>
 
--
Michael Press
michael anderson <mianderson79@gmail.com>: Jul 04 10:32AM -0700

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/03/politics/obama-korea-speech-trump/index.html
 
Yes, trump is a moron who doesnt come off presidential in the least unfortunately, but that doesnt mean Obama has to join him.
 
What other president once they immediately leave office pulls crap like this? I dont recall GWB pulling this crap. Nor his incompetent father. Nor Bill Clinton shortly after W won and took office...
 
Yeah Jimmy decades later ran his mouth in less than appropriate ways, but at least he wasn't usually taking direct shots at the guy immediately after him....
 
It's just bizarre and as unpresidential as anything trump does.
"Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger" <damonhynes@gmail.com>: Jul 04 10:41AM -0700

On Tuesday, July 4, 2017 at 12:32:07 PM UTC-5, michael anderson wrote:
 
> What other president once they immediately leave office pulls crap like this? I dont recall GWB pulling this crap. Nor his incompetent father. Nor Bill Clinton shortly after W won and took office...
 
> Yeah Jimmy decades later ran his mouth in less than appropriate ways, but at least he wasn't usually taking direct shots at the guy immediately after him....
 
> It's just bizarre and as unpresidential as anything trump does.
 
He has an ego the size of most men's brain. Covering up a lot of insecurity.
"Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger" <damonhynes@gmail.com>: Jul 04 10:09AM -0700

> of dead US soldier, and the blinded US soldier get jack-shit.
 
> http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/07/04/omar-khadr-former-gitmo-prisoner-who-killed-us-soldier-to-get-from-canadian-govt.html#
 
> Irish Mike
 
Send a bill for 8Mx2 USD to Hipster Trudeau. Or allow his wife to make 16M USD of pr0n.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.football.college+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment