Digest for rec.sport.football.college@googlegroups.com - 25 updates in 10 topics

Monday, July 3, 2017

"wolfie" <bgbdwolf@gte.net>: Jul 03 04:05PM -0400

BC/BS of Tennessee announced their pricing structure for
Obamacare plans this coming year, with rationale:
 
Silver plan prices are going up - because of the Trump administration's
statements on CSR program; and
Bronze/Gold plan prices are going up - because of the Trump
administration and GOP Congress plans to eliminate the
mandate's enforcement.
 
TLDR: BC/BS of TN says "Your plans are going to be more
expensive. Blame the GOP."
 
Thanks Trump!
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 03 10:00AM -0700

In article <slrnolkpnr.f34.constance@kim.perusion.com>,
 
> If they would unfriend me for such a thing, I don't want them. :)
 
> I think some of this unfriending thing is just that they are too
> dumb to know you can unfollow someone without unfriending them.
 
It's early teenager behavior.
 
--
Michael Press
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: Jul 03 03:15PM -0400

On 7/3/2017 11:17 AM, xyzzy wrote:
 
 
> But market.... rural land is cheap...That's a pretty minor concern IMO.
 
Not by me. Unless you consider $15K per acre cheap.
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Jul 03 12:52PM -0700

On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 3:15:45 PM UTC-4, Ken Olson wrote:
 
> > But market.... rural land is cheap...That's a pretty minor concern IMO.
 
> Not by me. Unless you consider $15K per acre cheap.
 
I doubt they're putting them in locations where land is $15k/acre.
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 03 10:35AM -0700

In article <8cba4005-05a1-45cc-b886-65e761024d0a@googlegroups.com>,
 
> > > Lots of dumnasses in this chatrum voted for that evil bitch.
 
> > IFYPFY
 
> Misogyny much?
 
It's name calling. There are no rules.
You are screaming because you took a direct hit
and _now_ you want reasoned discourse. Suck it up, Nancy.
 
--
Michael Press
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 03 10:57AM -0700

In article <ojbq43$plj$1@dont-email.me>, "wolfie" <bgbdwolf@gte.net>
wrote:
 
> > the evil bitch as misogynistic. The word is omnisexual.
 
> And *always* misogynistic. Except when referring to
> certain non-human female mammals, of course.
 
Ken is right and you are wrong.
 
In article <166be815-53ef-43fc-8285-ae672f277c50@googlegroups.com>,
darkstar7646@gmail.com wrote:
 
 
--
Michael Press
"wolfie" <bgbdwolf@gte.net>: Jul 03 02:27PM -0400

"Michael Press" wrote
 
 
>> And *always* misogynistic. Except when referring to
>> certain non-human female mammals, of course.
 
> Ken is right and you are wrong.
 
Considering you just used a female name as an insult in
another thread, you probably consider yourself an
expert in misogyny. Yeah, no.
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 03 12:13PM -0700

In article <oje22p$db0$1@dont-email.me>, "wolfie" <bgbdwolf@gte.net>
wrote:
 
 
> Considering you just used a female name as an insult in
> another thread, you probably consider yourself an
> expert in misogyny. Yeah, no.
 
See below. Ken is right and you are wrong.
 
In article <166be815-53ef-43fc-8285-ae672f277c50@googlegroups.com>,
darkstar7646@gmail.com wrote:
 
 
--
Michael Press
"wolfie" <bgbdwolf@gte.net>: Jul 03 03:35PM -0400

"Michael Press" wrote
 
> See below.
 
Giving an example of a misogynist statement
doesn't help your case. HTH. HAND.
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Jul 03 11:45AM -0700

I didn't want to scroll down any further.
 
http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/03/politics/chris-christie-beach/index.html
"Con Reeder, unhyphenated American" <constance@duxmail.com>: Jul 03 02:11PM -0500

> I didn't want to scroll down any further.
 
> http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/03/politics/chris-christie-beach/index.html
 
You'd sort of imagine a whale being involved...
 
--
Life may not be quite the party we hoped for, but while we
are here we might as well dance. -- Anonymous
michael anderson <mianderson79@gmail.com>: Jul 03 12:33PM -0700

On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 1:45:52 PM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> I didn't want to scroll down any further.
 
> http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/03/politics/chris-christie-beach/index.html
 
I'll never forget the day chris christie threw away any national political life he had- I think I posted about it on rsfc that very day. He went up and stood with president obama towards the end of a very close presidential race and talked about what a great job obama was doing during sandy for his state. And that was it...he was a dead man walking in national gop circles after that. None of the other crap(that bridge nonsense) mattered that happened after that in the least because he was already toast....
 
GOP Voters on a national level never did and never will forgive him for that.
unclejr <watsona64@gmail.com>: Jul 03 12:28PM -0700

> UTx.
 
> Learn it.
> Live it.
 
Probably Tee Martin then.
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: Jul 03 02:47PM -0400

On 7/3/2017 11:25 AM, xyzzy wrote:
>>> Articles about someone getting crushed or destroyed are up there with "weird old trick" and "your jaw will drop when you see".
 
>> The point is, she ain't all that and a bag of chips.
 
> She may not be but she must be someone to watch if wingnuts are so obsessed with trying to slap her down.
 
If the loons are promoting her she must be bad.
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: Jul 03 02:49PM -0400


>> 4. Pursuit of hapiness does not guarantee happiness.
 
> And here's where your argument falls apart. We're not even to the concept of result here. If a person's pursuit of happiness -- even the act of pursuit -- sufficiently violates the safety of important-enough others, than that person has neither liberty nor the right to pursue happiness.
 
> Mike
 
The problem is????
"Con Reeder, unhyphenated American" <constance@duxmail.com>: Jul 03 02:10PM -0500


>> The point is, she ain't all that and a bag of chips.
 
> She may not be but she must be someone to watch if wingnuts are so
> obsessed with trying to slap her down.
 
Well, it could be that she's just that bad and it is fun to watch
people make fools of themselves defending her. Kind of like Trump
or Clinton.
 
--
Life may not be quite the party we hoped for, but while we
are here we might as well dance. -- Anonymous
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 03 11:26AM -0700

In article <de363c53-269c-485b-8794-bdad96887954@googlegroups.com>,
> > how to conduct your affairs then you know you are onto a
> > winning strategy and winning tactics.
 
> His domestic loyal opposition should not be his enemies.
 
They aren't.
 
--
Michael Press
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Jul 03 10:15AM -0700


> Maybe some of those plastic owls? Throw a rubber snake in the pool?
 
> Holly Springs have placed plastic buzzards hanging upside down on the light towers at the North Main Athletic Complex to keep the local buzzards from roosting there. I'm not sure if it's working or not.
 
> I think plastic owls would be the best bet.
 
The plastic owls sound like something to try. Putting a rubber snake in probably wouldn't work because over time it would likely end up in the corner where the drain is, like every other floating toy people have left to try to deter the ducks.
The NOTBCS Guy <don.p.del.grande@gmail.com>: Jul 03 10:22AM -0700

> Golden retriever
 
Seriously, Google Groups asked me if I wanted "Golden retriever" translated from Norwegian to English.
 
The translation: Golden retriever.
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jul 03 10:50AM -0700

My company uses google and we have a German arm. I'm regularly prompted by the googles to translate to German and occasionally other languages.
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Jul 03 11:07AM -0700

> My company uses google and we have a German arm. I'm regularly prompted by the googles to translate to German and occasionally other languages.
 
Does your company tell you not to use google translate for internal communications because then google would know all your secret stuff?
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jul 03 10:51AM -0700

Search Mike Dahmus, Czar Christopher.
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jul 03 06:03PM

On Mon, 3 Jul 2017 07:22:45 -0700 (PDT), xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>
wrote:
 
>On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 12:17:25 AM UTC-4, Some dued wrote:
>> These old threads are a hell of a lot more entertaining to read.
 
>When you see the names and variety of people who responded to them and compare to today, they are depressing.
 
Queers and liberals ae the turds in the American punch bowl.
 
Hugh
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
"Con Reeder, unhyphenated American" <constance@duxmail.com>: Jul 03 11:56AM -0500


>> > He had a rapper with an offensive album cover at the white house. The thesis proves itself.
 
>> Yup. Obama was totally out of control.
 
> It's great to have restored proper decorum to the White House.
 
Trump retweets WWE memes and brings in Ted Nugent, Obama gives
interviews to a lady who bathes in Froot Loops and hosts people who
wear ankle bracelets. Seems like we can see the trajectory here...
 
--
An amateur practices until he gets it right. A pro
practices until he can't get it wrong. -- unknown
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jul 03 06:00PM

On Mon, 3 Jul 2017 08:02:28 -0700 (PDT), unclejr <watsona64@gmail.com>
wrote:
 
 
>> You ain't heard nothing yet.
>> Research how President Obama suppressed journalists.
 
>Oh, yes. Barack Obama was a complete despot while POTUS. Got it.
 
With the exception of ass, Obama was very incomplete. And you
misspelled POTTY.
 
Hugh
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.football.college+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment