Digest for rec.sport.football.college@googlegroups.com - 22 updates in 14 topics

Monday, July 10, 2017

CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>: Jul 11 02:56AM

On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 07:16:55 -0700, xyzzy wrote:
 
 
> Are you really so stupid that you think a cable-only channel is
> "licensed" on "airwaves"?
 
> Wake,up, 1990 is calling you.
 
XY, you seem upset buddy. I'm not all that familiar with cable licenses
and airwaves, sorry about that. How have you been doing lately; is
everything okay?
 
Anyway, CNN is now militarizing their news division and they will be
wearing uniforms and we all know, for a fact, that they no longer print
truthful articles.
 
Their sole purpose is now relegated to ending the presidency of Big
Donny. What do you think of the retooling of their office space and the
reworking of their personnel to focus only on creating fake stories about
Trump? Isn't that bizarre?
RoddyMcCorley <Roddy.McCorley@verizon.net>: Jul 10 11:41PM -0400

On 7/10/2017 10:16 AM, xyzzy wrote:
>> free run of the airwaves.
 
> Are you really so stupid that you think a cable-only channel is "licensed" on "airwaves"?
 
> Wake,up, 1990 is calling you.
 
Yes, he is that stupid. Hate blinds people and makes them do and say
really stupid things.
 
--
False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul
with evil.
 
Pennsylvania - Tá sé difriúil anseo.
CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>: Jul 11 04:10AM

On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 23:41:01 -0400, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
 
 
>> Wake,up, 1990 is calling you.
 
> Yes, he is that stupid. Hate blinds people and makes them do and say
> really stupid things.
 
Roddy, you and XY are coming off as rude, nasty, and as being a couple of
assholes for really no reason. Are the two of you actually so loyal to
CNN, of all news orgs, so as to be insulted to a point where you both
strike out in anger?
 
What is happening? Why such animosity and bitterness?
CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>: Jul 11 03:58AM

Some dolt on Long Island left a painting of Jesus in front of a mosque
trying to intimidate Muslims who attend the place of holy worship. Wow,
what an idiot.
 
I hope they charge this moron with a felony, since it is a hate crime,
and put him in prison for a good 20 years or so. What is the min. on a
hate crime?
 
We don't need this as a nation no matter what your political or religious
affiliation.
 
https://is.gd/6mBZBf
 
<http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Jesus-Painting-Left-on-Islamic-
Center-Investigated-as-Hate-Crime-433432283.html>
Some dued <theodoreward@gmail.com>: Jul 10 08:58PM -0700

No, I had a computer graphics class like that though it sucks.
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 10 08:56PM -0700

In article <f84ccef5-a4de-4b3c-b9c0-4f4052d703ab@googlegroups.com>,
> > > is why the Mississippi SoS told them to jump in the Gulf.
 
> > Exactly what information?
 
> What information is public varies by state, but last four digits of the SSN was one of the items states are balking at.
 
So do not send it. Each state has their laws.
States make good money selling (renting?) voter rolls.
Do not want to give it to somebody who will publish it
for everybody to see. So throw the states some money.
Were this to get to court, which nobody wants,
the states would have to cough up in a New York minute, sans SSN.
 
Trump Clinton
 
Arizona 11
California 15
Connecticut 7
Delaware 3
Kentucky 8
Maine 2
Maryland 10
Massachusetts 11
Minnesota 10
Mississippi 6
New York 29
South Carolina 9
South Dakota 3
Virginia 13
Wyoming 3
DC 3
--------------
40 103
 
--
Michael Press
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 10 08:45PM -0700

| An initiative by the leaders of Australian Public Service to
| promote gender equality through blind recruitment efforts has
| failed, according to reports. The trial, which was an effort to
| push more women in senior position jobs, revealed that removing
| the gender from a candidate's application does not help boost
| gender equality in hiring. The trial also revealed that adding a
| male name to a candidate's application made them 3.2 percent less
| likely to get the job while adding a female name made it 2.9
| percent more likely that the candidate would be hired.
 
It "failed"??!!!! This is science. You learned something.
Crack a bottle of champagne.
 
| Researchers assumed that removing gender identifiers from an
| application would make it easier for women to obtain employment
| in senior positions that have traditionally been dominated by
| men.
|
| "We anticipated this would have a positive impact on diversity —
| making it more likely that female candidates and those from
| ethnic minorities are selected for the shortlist," said Professor
| Michael Hiscox, a Harvard academic. "We found the opposite, that
| de-identifying candidates reduced the likelihood of women being
| selected for the shortlist."
|
| Hiscox warned governments and companies to consider the real
| possibility that gender-blind hiring processes may actually
| lessen equality in the workplace. "We should hit pause and be
| very cautious about introducing this as a way of improving
| diversity, as it can have the opposite effect," Professor Hiscox
| claimed.
 
Yes, lets be sure to enforce our belief system on everybody else.
 
<http://tinyurl.com/y7wt3vts>
<http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/06/30/study-more-men-hired-in-gender-blind-job-application-process/>
 
--
Michael Press
RoddyMcCorley <Roddy.McCorley@verizon.net>: Jul 10 11:39PM -0400

On 7/10/2017 9:25 PM, JGibson wrote:
 
> http://www.yorkdispatch.com/story/sports/college/psu/football/2017/07/07/bob-shoop-says-he-fired-counterclaim-against-penn-state/457860001/
 
Given the amount of points Tennessee's defense gave up last season, UT
ought to file a suit against Stoops to get their money back. He is no
John Chavis.
 
--
False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul
with evil.
 
Pennsylvania - Tá sé difriúil anseo.
Tonawanda Kardex <tonawandakardex@gmail.com>: Jul 10 08:38PM -0700

<gp>
"Con Reeder, unhyphenated American" <constance@duxmail.com>: Jul 10 08:51PM -0500

> research. That's a classic. Then again, your argument was so
> ridiculous that perhaps I'm being trolled and should take the hook
> out now.
 
Think what you like. To me, it looks like if you do actually know anything
you are so far lost in the trees you can't find the forest.
 
When you can compare and contrast the current health care market and
its economic state compared to 40 years ago, with the vision market now
and 40 years ago, then I'll listen to you. Price transparency, were it to
be tried, would cause an explosion of innovation. It would also cause a
great reduction in the profits of doctors, hospitals, and insurance companies,
which is why they fight tooth and nail against it.
 
--
When the only tool you have is a hammer, all your problems tend to look
like nails. -- Abraham Maslow
tim.vanwagonerspam@gmail.com: Jul 10 07:48PM -0700

Maybe Connie. But not as long as consumers are not directly paying the costs. You completely ignore the current system (and you get no disagreement on me that the government entry exacerbated the problem. I have said so repeatedly). At the very minimum, the payers have to incentivize the consumers to price shop. For me, it doesn't matter if my heart valve replacement costs 25k or 35k. I pay EXACTLY the same either way. So what would matter to me might be convenience, timing, or how I perceive the competence of the doctor. In fact, price transparency could actually backfire with how healthcare is currently paid - human behavioral research clearly shows that consumers assume that higher prices mean greater value. Thus, in any situation where their out of pocket costs are the same, they might still choose the more expensive option.
 
Some insurers have started to waive certain patient costs if they will use some centers, like the OKC surgery center with upfront pricing. However, that can be of very limited appeal because it requires the patient to front all of the costs and get reimbursed by the insurance company. Given the poor savings of the average American, most can't afford to do that even if it would save them money in the end on their portion of the bill.
 
But apparently I'm the idiot who doesn't understand economics and thinks that research is a valuable component to identifying efficiencies so what do I know.
michael anderson <mianderson79@gmail.com>: Jul 10 08:28PM -0700

On Monday, July 10, 2017 at 8:51:59 PM UTC-5, Con Reeder, unhyphenated American wrote:
> and 40 years ago, then I'll listen to you. Price transparency, were it to
> be tried, would cause an explosion of innovation. It would also cause a
> great reduction in the profits of doctors, hospitals, and insurance companies
 
what is it with this viewpoint you have that doctors, hospitals, and insurers are on the same side? I can most definately state that that is not usually the case.
 
Not so much from my own experiences but thats part of it(because psychiatry does things differently in some ways that other specialties especially procedure based specialties), but combining that with those in my family in medicine who tell me their experiences. We are definately not on the side of hospitals and insurers here...they are on the other side.
"Con Reeder, unhyphenated American" <constance@duxmail.com>: Jul 10 10:36PM -0500


> what is it with this viewpoint you have that doctors, hospitals, and
> insurers are on the same side? I can most definately state that that
> is not usually the case.
 
They have differing incentives, but none of them include incentives to
be transparent in price. Neither doctors nor hospitals want you to know
how much things cost, as you might shop and they might have to lower their
price. Insurance companies incentives are a bit different, because they
have networks and reimbursement schemes. They want to retain the current
system, because they make their money by having all health care dollars
pass through their mitts where they rake their share. If they are simply
catastrophic insurers for the most part, they lose that.
 
> in my family in medicine who tell me their experiences. We are
> definately not on the side of hospitals and insurers here...they are
> on the other side.
 
None of you are on the side of the patient. Hospitals fight to keep
certificates of need, doctors fight to keep license requirements for
different procedures, etc.
 
--
Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer
RoddyMcCorley <Roddy.McCorley@verizon.net>: Jul 10 11:32PM -0400

On 7/10/2017 2:28 PM, michael anderson wrote:
> On Monday, July 10, 2017 at 1:00:11 PM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
>> He just confirmed that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia. Which everyone who doesn't have partisan blinders on already knew, but it's harder to deny when the president's own son confirms it.
 
> I think most people(except some desperate people in the media) have pretty much already written off this trump/Russia connection thing as some combination of an old story, a non-story, etc...
 
It still has a lot of legs and Dolt 45 Jr. just added to them. Just keep
peeling back the layers. Give it and Mueller a couple more months.
 
--
False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul
with evil.
 
Pennsylvania - Tá sé difriúil anseo.
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 10 07:58PM -0700

In article <ok0ndm$ruf$1@dont-email.me>, "wolfie" <bgbdwolf@gte.net>
wrote:
 
 
> You prefer your news from state-sanctioned
> organizations? Khorosho dlya vas, tovarishch!
> Vy ne budete otpravleny v Sibir' segodnya.
 
Another stain on big business news.
Not content with having a domestic spat, they insult an ally.
 
--
Michael Press
CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>: Jul 11 03:08AM

On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 08:44:58 -0700, plaidmoon wrote:
 
> It is amusing. For the last 8 years, you guys have been bemoaning every
> perceived slight of Obama. "He's making America a laughingstock." Enter
> Trump. Nothing's changed. We're still getting perceived slights.
 
Honestly, and I'm not saying this just for a reaction, any criticism of
Obama was just about 100 percent about racism. Criticism of any type
regarding this matter can't be allowed and was not allowed. Therefore,
for that very reason, you or I or anyone was not subjected to any
negative stories about Obama.
CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>: Jul 11 03:04AM

RUSSIAN!!!!!
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 10 08:01PM -0700

In article <a2ca856a-b648-4ff2-89c7-767a71a8789b@googlegroups.com>,
 
> You want a poisoned well? He's a fucking Red Sock! Ban him! :-)
 
That's a poisoned _wall_.
 
--
Michael Press
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 10 08:01PM -0700

In article <fceb7571-2b8e-44a4-8afe-e1702d016870@googlegroups.com>,
 
> >Once again: poisoning the well.
> >W-L is an accurate metric along with all the other statistics.
 
> There are many ways for W-L records to be influenced other than how well a pitcher pitched. Are you a better pitcher if your team scores 6 runs per games than if it scores 2 runs per game? Or if it averages 1 error per game instead of 3 errors per game? What if your team has a great closer versus a closer that blows half if his saves?
 
Is W-L a meaningful statistic?
 
--
Michael Press
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 10 08:03PM -0700

In article <94599d95-1379-4e15-a398-bf6417b397a3@googlegroups.com>,
> > W-L is an accurate metric along with all the other statistics.
 
> W-L is an accurate metric in the sense that it accurately tells us how many times a pitcher was given a 'win' or 'loss' according to the way baseball rules tabulates such things.
 
> It doesn't particularly tell us a great deal(relative to other metrics) about how effective a pitcher was or how much value he brought to the team.
 
I need a close, well reasoned, argument and tons of data before
entertaining your assertion. Until then, W-L is a meaningful statistic.
 
> That's why making a big deal out of W-L record is a bad argument.
 
You keep saying that.
 
--
Michael Press
CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>: Jul 11 03:01AM

On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 15:41:20 -0700, dotslashderek wrote:
 
 
> A tweet to her 12-year-old son had an image of an oven with the message:
> "PSsst kid there is a free X-box inside this oven.""
 
> http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/10/us/avalanche-of-hate-daily-stormer-
lawsuit/index.html
 
> I guess what surprises me is that there are so many folks that still act
> / think like this. Thought we were waaaay past it.
 
> Cheers.
 
What do you expect from liberals, bro?
dotslashderek@gmail.com: Jul 10 07:17PM -0700

Yep but the thing is without the lower case c conservatives y'all don't have any political clout... so forgive me for dismissing the "not ideologically pure" argument that's been floated for decades to dismiss ownership of anythinh, ever - all while simultaneously widening that gop umbrella to include true alt reich nutballs.
 
And all for an end game of, what? A trump presidency? Having in-name-only majorities in congress? Thumbing our nose at the rest of the western world? Clinging to some strange idea that by weight of being randomly born in the us we're somehow better than everyone else?
 
I honestly do not get what capital C conservatives are up to... on this side of the pond.
 
Cheers.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.football.college+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment