Digest for rec.sport.football.college@googlegroups.com - 25 updates in 11 topics

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Some dued <theodoreward@gmail.com>: Jul 09 04:51PM -0700

I cracked up at that too.
Some dued <theodoreward@gmail.com>: Jul 09 04:48PM -0700

Clearly you are not.
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jul 09 12:33PM -0700

https://fee.org/articles/cash-for-clunkers-was-a-complete-failure/
"wolfie" <bgbdwolf@gte.net>: Jul 09 05:21PM -0400

"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" wrote
 
> https://fee.org/articles/cash-for-clunkers-was-a-complete-failure/
 
I love articles that start with a nice statement of the
author's own bias by trying to frame the argument
incorrectly. Makes them easy to ignore.
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jul 09 02:39PM -0700

We can't all be perfect.
"Con Reeder, unhyphenated American" <constance@duxmail.com>: Jul 09 05:06PM -0500

> We can't all be perfect.
 
And Wolfie leads the charge in that regard.
 
--
"It is a remarkable fact that despite the worldwide expenditure of perhaps
US$50 billion since 1990, and the efforts of tens of thousands of scientists
worldwide, no human climate signal has yet been detected that is distinct
from natural variation." - Bob Carter
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jul 09 10:44PM

On Sun, 9 Jul 2017 12:33:30 -0700 (PDT), "the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com"
 
>https://fee.org/articles/cash-for-clunkers-was-a-complete-failure/
 
Yes, liberals are still around.
 
Hugh
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: Jul 09 07:21PM -0400

> https://fee.org/articles/cash-for-clunkers-was-a-complete-failure/
 
My main complaints are: a supply of low-cost vehicles that the poor
might better afford than having to buy newer was eliminated; a supply of
lower-cost spare parts to keep older vehicles running was eliminated;
rare, collectible cars were lost.
michael anderson <mianderson79@gmail.com>: Jul 09 08:06AM -0700

hmmm...I wonder who represents the more common type of weed user? Your wealthy cousin with multiple businesses and the 3 million dollar house or other people(who arent millionaires and dont have 3 million dollar homes and are impressionable and their frontal lobe isn't even fully fixed yet) who have started out using weed and then slowly move up the chain to other harder drugs?
 
Everyone agrees that there is an opiate epidemic in this country. Do you think all of these people dying from overdosing on Opana or fentanyl or heroin just one day woke up and started shooting it? Of course not....we know that for many of them it started with marijuana. Of course not everyone who starts smoking weed at age 18 with friends goes on to shoot Opana....most don't. But a lot do.
 
I have mixed feelings about making MJ legal. I'm not as opposed to legality as someone like Jeff sessions because I have a libertarian streak. But I'm also aware of just how sketchy and seedy the legal 'medical'(btw there is no such real thing that meets evidence based medicine criteria) marijuana and legal recreational marijuana trade is- in a lot of cases it's just a way for huge drug rings to grow massive amounts of pot and most of it does get eventually diverted into illegal channels.
 
I don't doubt that the marijuana users you describe exist(high end clientele who have brought about a wine aficionado culture to MJ), but to portray them as the typical MJ user is laughable and out of touch with reality.
Emperor Wonko the Sane <doug@sorensensdomain.net>: Jul 09 02:28PM -0700


> And you really shouldn't because as far as drugs go, bud is roughly one gazillion times less dangerous than alcohol. I say that as someone who drinks.
 
> Seriously, I did the math on that.
 
> Cheers.
 
IMO, making the weed illegal is far more dangerous than the weed itself. Just ask a 100,000 Mexicans ... oh wait, you can't. They're dead.
 
Doug
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jul 09 10:42PM

On Sun, 9 Jul 2017 08:06:24 -0700 (PDT), michael anderson
 
>Everyone agrees that there is an opiate epidemic in this country.
 
What purpose is served by saving the lives of those who overdose?
 
Why should that be the problem of responsible people?
 
Hugh
 
 
 
 
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: Jul 09 07:12PM -0400

On 7/9/2017 11:06 AM, michael anderson wrote:
 
> Everyone agrees that there is an opiate epidemic in this country. Do you think all of these people dying from overdosing on Opana or fentanyl or heroin just one day woke up and started shooting it? Of course not....we know that for many of them it started with marijuana. Of course not everyone who starts smoking weed at age 18 with friends goes on to shoot Opana....most don't. But a lot do.
 
> I have mixed feelings about making MJ legal. I'm not as opposed to legality as someone like Jeff sessions because I have a libertarian streak. But I'm also aware of just how sketchy and seedy the legal 'medical'(btw there is no such real thing that meets evidence based medicine criteria) marijuana and legal recreational marijuana trade is- in a lot of cases it's just a way for huge drug rings to grow massive amounts of pot and most of it does get eventually diverted into illegal channels.
 
> I don't doubt that the marijuana users you describe exist(high end clientele who have brought about a wine aficionado culture to MJ), but to portray them as the typical MJ user is laughable and out of touch with reality.
 
https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-gateway-drug
 
 
http://www.factcheck.org/2015/04/is-marijuana-really-a-gateway-drug/
 
 
http://healthland.time.com/2010/10/29/marijuna-as-a-gateway-drug-the-myth-that-will-not-die/
 
Gateway drug theory is far from settled. Does mother's milk lead to
everything?
"wolfie" <bgbdwolf@gte.net>: Jul 09 01:19PM -0400

"J. Hugh Sullivan" wrote
 
"wolfie" wrote
 
>> that BC/BS of TN is a different legal entity than
>>BC/BS of NC?
 
> You might make sense if they had a CEO for each state
 
LOL! Lyin Hugh keeps digging deeper....
 
CEO of BC/BS of TN: J.D. Hickey
 
CEO of BC/BS of NC: J.Bradley Brad
 
CEO of BC/BS of TX: They don't have one! Why not?
 
"Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, a division of Health
Care Service Corporation, a Mutual Legal Reserve Company,
an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Association"
 
You going to admit you're wrong, Lyin Hugh?
Futbol Phan <sgzphd@gmail.com>: Jul 09 11:26AM -0700

That will be the day. Hugh is never wrong. And he never, ever, lies.
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jul 09 10:33PM

>an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield
>Association"
 
>You going to admit you're wrong, Lyin Hugh?
 
I hate to admit it to a white trash son of a bitch like you but...
 
You are correct that each association is independent and I was wrong
in stating there was a single CEO of BC/BS.
 
Hugh
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jul 09 10:36PM

On Sun, 9 Jul 2017 11:26:26 -0700 (PDT), Futbol Phan
 
>That will be the day. Hugh is never wrong. And he never, ever, lies.
 
Look at my response you poor excuse for an educator.
 
No I don't lie - the facts make you little people look bad enough.
 
Hugh
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jul 09 03:27PM -0700

Bushitler off the hook. LOL
 
http://ace.mu.nu/archives/370561.php
CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>: Jul 09 07:49PM

On Sat, 08 Jul 2017 20:49:32 -0700, Tonawanda Kardex wrote:
 
> <gp>
 
What's going on; is he dead?
unclejr <watsona64@gmail.com>: Jul 09 01:57PM -0700

On Sunday, July 9, 2017 at 2:49:48 PM UTC-5, CtrlAltDel wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Jul 2017 20:49:32 -0700, Tonawanda Kardex wrote:
 
> > <gp>
 
> What's going on; is he dead?
 
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ex-raiders-qb-todd-marinovich-making-comeback-at-48/ar-BBE0hZd?OCID=ansmsnnews11
CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>: Jul 09 09:26PM

On Sun, 09 Jul 2017 13:57:45 -0700, unclejr wrote:
 
 
>> > <gp>
 
>> What's going on; is he dead?
 
> https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ex-raiders-qb-todd-marinovich-
making-comeback-at-48/ar-BBE0hZd?OCID=ansmsnnews11
 
Got it, thanks.
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jul 09 01:29PM -0700

https://mobile.twitter.com/joshdcaplan/status/883689298410844160
Mercellus Bohren <mercellusb@yahoo.com>: Jul 09 10:12AM -0700

https://youtu.be/y1NFMXRYTeU
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jul 09 01:13PM -0700

RSFC execution.
CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>: Jul 09 07:48PM

mostly because she is just a flat out, hard-shelled racist who is trying
to bring her version of hate to liberals who just will not buy it like
racist conservatives.
 
Racism is hate and hate is bad and bad is not good and now you know.
 
https://is.gd/pZwHYw
 
Female Tech Worker Refuses Megyn Kelly's Intvu Request About Sexual
Harassment
Megyn Kelly
The Associated Press
 
by Tony Lee9 Jul 201772
 
A female tech worker in Silicon Valley says she rejected NBC News talent
Megyn Kelly's interview request about sexual harassment in the tech
industry.
 
On Twitter, Kelly Ellis, who apparently (@justkelly_ok) has called out
Google superiors for sexual harassment in the past, revealed this week
that "she got off the phone with NBC producers" once she found out she
was being contacted for a segment on Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly.
 
"It saddens me since the story itself needs major national attention, but
a racist doing a show about harassment undermines the whole thing," Ellis
continued, adding that she felt "good" that she was "able to express that
directly to a producer and make clear that" she was declining to
participate because of Kelly.
 
As Breitbart News has pointed out, Kelly's ratings have spectacularly
tanked—her last show was her lowest rated program to date and a years-old
rerun of Dateline that ran last week while Kelly was on vacation got more
viewers than Kelly's last poorly-rated show—in part because she has
"alienated" everyone.
 
Working-class voters who support Donald Trump cannot stand her because it
looks more and more like she bashed Trump and his voters solely to
elevate her own profile among the media elites.
 
Those in the establishment media have criticized Kelly for her lack of
substance—HuffPost, for instance, obtained her unedited interview with
Vladimir Putin in which a "nervous" Kelly lobbed nothing but "softballs."
Kelly has been resoundingly criticized for not only lacking gravitas, but
for also being generally clueless and not prepared. For instance, she had
no clue that India's prime minister—who is the world's second-most
followed politician on Twitter after Trump and whose use of Twitter has
been profiled in numerous outlets like Time and the New York Times well
before Trump won the White House—was even on Twitter.
 
Others, especially those on the left, have not forgiven Kelly for saying
"ridiculous" and "racist" things on Fox News, like when she insisted that
Santa was white. As Variety noted, Kelly's "history of cringeworthy
statements about black people" may come back to hurt her "in a timeslot
that happens to draw a large African-American female audience" when Kelly
hosts her daily one-hour show in the fall:
 
According to Nielsen data for the 2015-16 season, African-American
women comprised 23.1% of the total TV audience in the (nearly
synchronous) 7 a.m.- 3 p.m. time frame, making them the largest component
of the daytime viewership base, ahead of white (16.3%), Hispanic (12.6%)
and Asian (7.6%) women.
 
But Ellis' comments show that Kelly has offended plenty of others as well
with her "cringeworthy" statements over the years about minorities.
 
When one of Ellis' followers suggested that former CNN anchor Soledad
O'Brien should be doing the segment on sexual harassment in Silicon
Valley, Ellis agreed. If Kelly had not displaced NBC's popular anchor
Tamron Hall, perhaps Hall could have gotten an interview from someone
whose opinions and perspective are in demand like Ellis in addition to
doing a segment on the lack of racial diversity in an industry that keeps
pushing for more visas to grant to foreign guest-workers who are no more
qualified than the legal immigrant or U.S.-born American workers they are
displacing.
 
NBC News has already been reportedly"freaking out" over the "ratings
disaster" that Kelly has turned out to be. The network has reportedly
been panicking and looking into potentially unloading her contract or
putting her on MSNBC. A high-ranking Fox News official told Breitbart
News, though, that Kelly "would not be welcomed back" if NBC tries to
convince the network to take her–and her burdensome ($17 million/year)
contract–back.
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 09 12:04PM -0700

In article <012e5363-339c-4e8b-90f5-6a20a67a545b@googlegroups.com>,
 
> > That does not tell me who is Dave Chapelle.
 
> The last name was misspelled. Big deal.
 
> Dave Chappelle. Better?
 
Yes, better.
I still do not know what Dave Chappelle has to do with this.
 
--
Michael Press
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.football.college+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment