Digest for rec.sport.football.college@googlegroups.com - 15 updates in 8 topics

Monday, July 3, 2017

Eric Ramon <ramon.eric@gmail.com>: Jul 03 09:00PM -0700

That devout Christian, Bill McCartney, forgot "thou shalt not steal"
darkstar7646@gmail.com: Jul 03 08:50PM -0700

On Sunday, July 2, 2017 at 2:24:23 PM UTC-7, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
 
> >Why? I'd probably scribble them out and put your name next to the top of the rewrite.
 
> >Mike
 
> Let me know when you are advanced enough to comprehend instructions.
 
Let me know your address so your existence can be ended.
 
Mike
darkstar7646@gmail.com: Jul 03 08:48PM -0700

On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 5:04:25 AM UTC-7, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
 
> >I think we would go a long way in this country once we admit this fact. Al=
> >l are not and never have been created equally.
 
> Is that some light at the end of the liberal tunnel?
 
No. It's the only explanation that allows my intelligent mind to wrap around that you've been allowed to live so long.
 
 
> Who died or was denied treatment because of any political platform?
> Only liberals are stupid enough to think socialism is the only way, i.
> e., round is not the best shape for a wheel.
 
You're about to see millions do so, because "socialism", as you term it, is the only reason this country has 320 million people in it, and not, say, 200 million, give or take each way.
 
 
> >> 4. Pursuit of hapiness does not guarantee happiness.
 
> >And here's where your argument falls apart.
 
> That's the ONLY fact.
 
Because you completely confuse the concept. You're taking it too far down the road.
 
You don't even have a blanket right to PURSUE happiness. Forget the result, that's irrelevant.

> >uit -- sufficiently violates the safety of important-enough others, than th=
> >at person has neither liberty nor the right to pursue happiness.
 
> It surely works if the other side gets killed.
 
Proving my point. Again, there's no statement on result. The PURSUIT is sufficient.

> If that pursuit endangers wage earners, you die,too, because there is
> no golden goose.
 
Then you better bring it on, Jack.
 
Mike
darkstar7646@gmail.com: Jul 03 08:43PM -0700

On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 4:44:34 PM UTC-7, Michael Press wrote:
 
> "From now on, anyone who plots, plans or considers carrying out a
> terrorist attack will know that his family will pay a heavy price
> for his deed," Minister of the Interior Arye Dery told Haaretz.
 
Smaaaart... *sarcasm*
 
Now your only assurance is that you basically have the terrorist kill his or her family first.
 
Mike
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 03 06:49PM -0700

"Finally, no one has calibrated quite the nation's deep antipathy
toward the coastal media-university-political-cultural nexus,
most specifically its utter hypocrisy. Half the country sees not
so much Democrats or progressives, but rather a bankrupt class
whose venom for others is used to excuse their own exemptions
from the ramifications of their own ideology."
 
<http://tinyurl.com/v83ey25>
 
--
Michael Press
darkstar7646@gmail.com: Jul 03 08:40PM -0700

On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 6:49:53 PM UTC-7, Michael Press wrote:
> so much Democrats or progressives, but rather a bankrupt class
> whose venom for others is used to excuse their own exemptions
> from the ramifications of their own ideology."
 
It's not hate speech -- it's how you view us.
 
(And the main reason that if you want a Conservative America, we either split this country ideologically or you shoot the lot of us.)
 
Mike
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: Jul 03 10:43PM -0400

On 7/3/2017 6:23 PM, Michael Press wrote:
 
>> I didn't want to scroll down any further.
 
>> http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/03/politics/chris-christie-beach/index.html
 
> Bleached whale.
 
That would be a really weird fetish.
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 03 08:26PM -0700

In article <ojev5s$3bf$1@dont-email.me>,
 
> >> http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/03/politics/chris-christie-beach/index.html
 
> > Bleached whale.
 
> That would be a really weird fetish.
 
Whales aren't fetishes; they're mammals.
 
--
Michael Press
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: Jul 03 11:31PM -0400

On 7/3/2017 11:26 PM, Michael Press wrote:
 
>>> Bleached whale.
 
>> That would be a really weird fetish.
 
> Whales aren't fetishes; they're mammals.
 
I meant someone wanting to see more of the flesh of Christie.
Hopefully, after he's done being gov he can disappear into the mist of
history.
darkstar7646@gmail.com: Jul 03 08:39PM -0700

On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 11:45:52 AM UTC-7, xyzzy wrote:
> I didn't want to scroll down any further.
 
> http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/03/politics/chris-christie-beach/index.html
 
There's another reason too.
 
It's against the law to threaten the life of a public official.
 
Mike
Eric Ramon <ramon.eric@gmail.com>: Jul 03 05:50PM -0700

On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 3:37:17 PM UTC-7, Michael Press wrote:
> --Ken Masugi
 
> --
> Michael Press
 
I had to look up this Masugi. I'm "shocked" that a rightwinger would like Trump. Now that I know this rightwinger likes Trump I think I'm going to reexamine my own attitude because what a rightwinger writes is probably something I need to consider.
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jul 03 05:55PM -0700

In article <1bbbc2e3-683c-4ad8-9adf-d6cc4bd4e49b@googlegroups.com>,
 
> > --
> > Michael Press
 
> I had to look up this Masugi. I'm "shocked" that a rightwinger would like Trump. Now that I know this rightwinger likes Trump I think I'm going to reexamine my own attitude because what a rightwinger writes is probably something I need to consider.
 
If you were keeping up, then you would know that a myriad
of right-wingers do not like President Donald Trump.
 
"If a candidate won't defend his own interests, using all weapons
at his command, why should the public think he will zealously
defend their common interests, especially against
pseudo-aristocratic racial/ethnic claims of privilege?"
 
You know, unlike that misogynist Hillary Clinton to whom
blacks and latinos and homosexuals and women are votes.
The Democratic party hates their voters.
 
--
Michael Press
Eric Ramon <ramon.eric@gmail.com>: Jul 03 07:39PM -0700

On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 5:55:25 PM UTC-7, Michael Press wrote:
> The Democratic party hates their voters.
 
> --
> Michael Press
 
what about Masugi? Does he like Trump? He seems to. Also that sentence is a real screwball one. "...why should the public [hey, that's me] think he will zealously defend their common interests, especially against
> pseudo-aristocratic racial/ethnic claims of privilege? [that's not "their common interests", that's HIS interest and maybe that of other rightwingers of his ilk.]
 
I see that Trump is liked by some people. Rasmussen has him at 44% approval, 56% disapproval and that's the highest of any pollster (of course). So it's not like *everybody* dislikes him. And, as you mention, many who support him (or the policies being promoted in his name) know he's an $#^%&**#. But Masugi apparently believes if a guy is a @$#^%*^ and people call him on it, and it's true, that guy still should be even more of an #$#%^% to "defend" himself. Except then he looks even worse. He looks unhinged.
 
I stated on Facebook recently that I don't think Trump is in charge. If he were, if he were really working then he wouldn't have the time to do all this tweeting. I think he's sitting around with nothing to do, they've given him a TV and a cellphone and he's bored.
"wolfie" <bgbdwolf@gte.net>: Jul 03 08:43PM -0400

"michael anderson" wrote
 
>> Stubhub, Bama vs Fresno State - $34.
>> Stubhub, Fresno State vs Incarnate Word - $29
 
> looks like you don't know what you are talking about
 
What I'm talking about is a ticket for a Bama home
football game against a cupcake is $34. A ticket for
a Fresno State home football game against a cupcake
is $29. That's true; look on Stubhub yourself.
 
You're the one saying that's meaningful, the 'demand
for bama football soaring' and all.
irishranger317@gmail.com: Jul 03 05:55PM -0700

On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 5:12:11 PM UTC-4, michael anderson wrote:
> continues to soar to even higher heights....
 
> average secondary market ticket price for opener is now over 700 dollars....
 
So that's what's behind the price jump in used pick-up trucks!
 
Irish Mike
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.football.college+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment