Digest for alt.sports.hockey.nhl.mtl-canadiens@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 2 topics

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Nyssa <Nyssa@flawlesslogic.com>: Jul 09 10:30AM -0400

The hockey gods must have read my last post about not having any
hockey books to read on my Kindle.
 
I just checked the forum for free Kindle books on Amazon and lo and
behold the following:
 
======
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MH28NR6/ref=cm_cd_asin_lnk
 
There's a Shark in My Hockey Pool
 
Fantasy hockey just got real. Two bitter collegiate rivals, now
Toronto ad men, draft hockey teams for a game to determine the
winner of a lucrative government contract. On a wing and a prayer,
Derek Marcotte scrapes together a motley crew of puck chasers. His
marketing firm May-Ja-Look hangs in the balance, his pillow is
double-parked and his knee mutters revenge with each waking step.
It's enough to make you part with your favorite hockey card. Drop
the puck already!
 
======
 
Yes, I grabbed a copy while it's free. I have no idea if it's
any good, but the price is right and so is the subject.
 
LOL
 
Nyssa, who hopes some other newsgroupers can grab while it's
free too
Nyssa <Nyssa@flawlesslogic.com>: Jul 09 10:06AM -0400

Mike wrote:
 
>> Cup runs in her collection
 
> I have the same set - some memorable games on there for us
> oldtimers.
 
Very true, although I might have picked a different Memorable
Game or two instead of the ones they did. I would have preferred
more older games than the newer ones. More Bruins-Habs conflicts!
 
I also have a Devils Final in my collection and the Lightning
Final. I really wish I could find a DVD of the Avs Final when
Bourque won, but it seems the NHL didn't make one. Stupid move!
 
Plus I've got a few of the Olympic medal games on DVD from
2006 that are homemade rather than purchased so have all
the commercials and chatter.
 
Plenty to watch if I get desperate enough.
 
Meanwhile I'm reading a lot on my Kindle to the point where
I need to recharge it every day. Too bad I don't have any
hockey books on it. ;)
 
Nyssa, who wishes she could watch a DVD or read a Kindle while
mowing the lawn so it wouldn't be so boring a job
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to alt.sports.hockey.nhl.mtl-canadiens+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment