Digest for rec.sport.tennis@googlegroups.com - 25 updates in 7 topics

Sunday, June 18, 2017

jdeluise <jdeluise@gmail.com>: Jun 18 06:45PM

On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 06:42:35 +0000, lo yeeOn wrote:
 
> The fact that they don't want to talk about it, that they don't want
> you to talk about it, and that they don't want anybody to question the
> official narrative - *that* *is* *the* *conspiracy*.
 
Well, TennisGuy doesn't want to talk about the holographic planes
theory. He doesn't want to talk about it, he doesn't want me to talk
about it, he doesn't want anyone to talk about it. What does that make
him and what does he have to hide?
Guypers <gapp111@gmail.com>: Jun 18 09:47AM -0700

On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 12:37:24 PM UTC-4, Carey wrote:
> > Suggestions welcome. Thx.
 
> > You can get a Windows system then virtualize the O/S you want or even install it and make it dual boot.
 
> Unless there is a good reason for it, I'd much prefer to have no Micro$oft or Apple stuff on it, at all.
 
You can install ubuntu 17.04 alone removing all other OSs on any laptop! Have done that accidentally working with partitions!
Carey <carey_1959@yahoo.com>: Jun 18 09:52AM -0700

On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 9:47:07 AM UTC-7, Guypers wrote:
 
> > > You can get a Windows system then virtualize the O/S you want or even install it and make it dual boot.
 
> > Unless there is a good reason for it, I'd much prefer to have no Micro$oft or Apple stuff on it, at all.
 
> You can install ubuntu 17.04 alone removing all other OSs on any laptop! Have done that accidentally working with partitions!
 
 
Thanks Guypers! I may do that on this (horrid, crapified) Macbook I recently got.
PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com>: Jun 18 09:52AM -0700

They make Ubuntu laptops
 
https://system76.com/laptops
"Javier González" <jagonzal@gmail.com>: Jun 18 09:58AM -0700

On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 8:33:01 AM UTC-7, Carey wrote:
> Needs to have a dvd player, and I want to use a non- Windows, non-Mac OS, probably a form of
> Ubuntu. Looking for a sturdy, non-disposable unit, with a nice screen.
> Suggestions welcome. Thx.
 
So you want a 11" laptop running Linux or ChromeOs that has a dvd player? Interesting challenge, the dvd player has gone the way of the dodo. How hard is your DVD requirement? If it's for occasional use, you could get by with an external USB unit and get a nice Dell or Lenovo to install linux on.
Carey <carey_1959@yahoo.com>: Jun 18 10:06AM -0700

On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 9:58:12 AM UTC-7, Javier González wrote:
> > Ubuntu. Looking for a sturdy, non-disposable unit, with a nice screen.
> > Suggestions welcome. Thx.
 
> So you want a 11" laptop running Linux or ChromeOs that has a dvd player? Interesting challenge, the dvd player has gone the way of the dodo. How hard is your DVD requirement? If it's for occasional use, you could get by with an external USB unit and get a nice Dell or Lenovo to install linux on.
 
 
I'm trying to minimize gear, but have quite a few DVDs. I do have a USB DVD drive, but want all-in-one.
No ChromeOs because of Goog's eternal survellance (AFAIK). Sounds like it will be a Linux variant, but
I'm no computer guy.
PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com>: Jun 18 10:10AM -0700

Check these nice ones, all Ubuntu
 
https://system76.com/laptops
soccerfan777 <zepfloyes@gmail.com>: Jun 18 10:29AM -0700

Carey if you hate Bestbuy try Micro Center or any of those shops which specialize in computers.
calimero377@gmx.de: Jun 18 11:02AM -0700

On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 5:33:01 PM UTC+2, Carey wrote:
> Needs to have a dvd player, and I want to use a non- Windows, non-Mac OS, probably a form of
> Ubuntu. Looking for a sturdy, non-disposable unit, with a nice screen.
> Suggestions welcome. Thx.
 
Don't forget the tin-foil hat!
 
 
Max
calimero377@gmx.de: Jun 18 11:03AM -0700

On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 6:52:40 PM UTC+2, PeteWasLucky wrote:
> They make Ubuntu laptops
 
> https://system76.com/laptops
 
But what about the jews? Don't they hack all those African laptops?
 
 
Max
jdeluise <jdeluise@gmail.com>: Jun 18 06:12PM

On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 08:50:28 -0700, Carey wrote:
 
> Raja, thanks for the advice, but going into a place like that is my idea
> of Hell on Earth.
 
Not to mention the people that work there don't know a thing. I'm
embarrassed for Raja for suggesting it.
jdeluise <jdeluise@gmail.com>: Jun 18 06:31PM

On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 08:32:59 -0700, Carey wrote:
 
> OS, probably a form of Ubuntu. Looking for a sturdy, non-disposable
> unit, with a nice screen.
> Suggestions welcome. Thx.
 
I won't try to recommend something to you, because I purchase gear only
every few years these days and only after a lot of research and
consideration. I will say to check a couple of things out though because
particularly in the lower end market there is a strong push to lock
things down... definitely need to check to see if it's using UEFI that
you can disable secure boot so that you can install an alternative OS for
instance. I'd also consider the native screen resolution, particularly
if you're running legacy applications... there is a trend of putting
overly high resolution displays on small devices which works well in most
cases (and you can always lower the resolution of course, although doing
so isn't always straightforward in linux) but might be a deal breaker for
you.
Carey <carey_1959@yahoo.com>: Jun 18 07:43AM -0700

Good article on the Grenfell Towers fire from a human POV, with solid links:
 
https://renegadeinc.com/tale-two-cities/
TennisGuy <TGuy@techsavvy.com>: Jun 18 01:22PM -0400

On 6/18/2017 8:14 AM, Brian Lawrence wrote:
 
> <http://www.grasart.com/blog/lancaster-west-estate-an-ideal-for-living>
 
> Some photos taken during construction (in that article) also make this
> clear.
 
 
 
Thanks for this information.
 
You do realize you are putting your foot in your mouth now?
 
I hadn't studied the construction of the tower, but if it's correct that
steel was not used in their construction, one has to really scratch
one's head and ask why the tower didn't collapse after burning for more
than 24 hours?
 
After all, WTC2 'collapsed' in one hour and WTC1 'collapsed' in 1.5
hours and they had the extra support of the steel columns. :)
TennisGuy <TGuy@techsavvy.com>: Jun 18 01:42PM -0400

On 6/16/2017 9:23 PM, TT wrote:
 
> lol
 
> Why are we putting live explosives to ground floor Jake?
> ...I don't know, I just work here.
 
 
That's not as funny as you think.
 
There was an explosion in the basement of WTC1 _before the first plane
hit the tower.
calimero377@gmx.de: Jun 18 11:00AM -0700

On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 7:43:25 PM UTC+2, TennisGuy wrote:
 
> That's not as funny as you think.
 
> There was an explosion in the basement of WTC1 _before the first plane
> hit the tower.
 
 
Only nutters still believe in those conspiracy theories.
And a lot of cynical people make a lot of money from those nutters.
 
Melting steel? Who ever on this planet suggested that the WTC collapsed due to MOLTEN steel???
 
TennisGuy, Iceberg, Shitpiss, Carey always came across as very simple minds here. Now we have proof. It is incredible. This intellectual lazyness is just stunning. More - it is frightening.
 
BTW, Shitpiss is a Russian troll. So maybe he is not one of the dumb ones. But of course his agenda is to destroy any confidence in democratic institutions in western countries.
 
 
Max
jdeluise <jdeluise@gmail.com>: Jun 18 06:14PM

On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 13:22:23 -0400, TennisGuy wrote:
 
> steel was not used in their construction, one has to really scratch
> one's head and ask why the tower didn't collapse after burning for more
> than 24 hours?
 
You already admitted the consipracy theorists are light years beyond your
intelligence level. What could you possibly contribute to the discussion?
jdeluise <jdeluise@gmail.com>: Jun 18 06:15PM

On Sun, 18 Jun 2017 13:42:33 -0400, TennisGuy wrote:
 
> There was an explosion in the basement of WTC1 _before the first plane
> hit the tower.
 
Why before?
soccerfan777 <zepfloyes@gmail.com>: Jun 18 10:27AM -0700

India lose to Pakistan in the Champions Trophy final by a whopping 180 runs. Major ass whooping.... bwhahahahahahaha... It was watched by record number of Indians.
 
India has invested too much into this garbage sport. Too many overpaid, ungrateful, mediocre talent divas out there. We were so good in field hockey before the 80s. Ever since we won the cricket world cup in 1983 we have forgotten all sports and just focused on cricket.
 
India used to good in Soccer and Tennis as well. Time to get rid of Cricket and get into Field Hockey, Soccer, Tennis or <insert any other sport here>
Guypers <gapp111@gmail.com>: Jun 18 10:30AM -0700

On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 1:27:45 PM UTC-4, soccerfan777 wrote:
> India lose to Pakistan in the Champions Trophy final by a whopping 180 runs. Major ass whooping.... bwhahahahahahaha... It was watched by record number of Indians.
 
> India has invested too much into this garbage sport. Too many overpaid, ungrateful, mediocre talent divas out there. We were so good in field hockey before the 80s. Ever since we won the cricket world cup in 1983 we have forgotten all sports and just focused on cricket.
 
> India used to good in Soccer and Tennis as well. Time to get rid of Cricket and get into Field Hockey, Soccer, Tennis or <insert any other sport here>
 
No, pukis are better cricket players, better fast bowling, Indian boweling is shit!
soccerfan777 <zepfloyes@gmail.com>: Jun 18 10:42AM -0700

And yet the Pukeys never beat us in the World Cup and got thrashed every time.
 
It's just the current crop of Indian players are overpriced divas. Nothing else!
 
We had a good team when we world cup in 1983 a d 2011
Carey <carey_1959@yahoo.com>: Jun 18 09:48AM -0700

On Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 9:42:54 AM UTC-7, Guypers wrote:
 
> If Fed plays like AO17, will beat Rafa in 3!
 
 
I wanna see Fed and Nadal meet up again damn soon- Wimbledon or USO.
 
 
Go Fed1
PeteWasLucky <waleed.khedr@gmail.com>: Jun 18 09:54AM -0700

> I wanna see Fed and Nadal meet up again damn soon- Wimbledon or USO.
 
No I don't want see this, nadal still is the worst opponent Federer hopes to meet.
SliceAndDice <vishalkn@gmail.com>: Jun 18 07:53AM -0700

On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 3:07:25 PM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:
> On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 3:06:53 PM UTC-4, SliceAndDice wrote:
> > Top 16 year old Felix Auger-Aliassime (the guy who shares a birthday with Roger Federer) topples top 18 year old Casper Ruud at a challenger in Lyon to make his second semi of the year. Watch out for this guy, he is rising fast.
 
> > With Felix and other huge talent Shapovalov, Canada seems headed for a very bright tennis future.
 
And Auger-Aliassime becomes the first 16 year old to win a challenger since Bernie Tomic in 2009. I am hoping the similarity ends there. Others on this list:
Chang, Gasquet, Nadal.
The Iceberg <iceberg.rules@gmail.com>: Jun 18 02:50AM -0700

On Sunday, 18 June 2017 09:43:12 UTC+1, The Iceberg wrote:
 
> > Since you didn't like my other one.
 
> > This is one of my favorites.
 
> I did like the last one!
 
Thanks! :D
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.tennis+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment