Digest for rec.sport.golf@googlegroups.com - 25 updates in 8 topics

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Moderate <nospam@noemail.com>: Jun 14 02:55PM -0500


> 'Since President Trump won the Republican nomination, the majority of
> his companies? real estate sales are to secretive shell companies that
> obscure the buyers? identities, a USA TODAY investigation has found.
 
They don't want to get shot.
Moderate <nospam@noemail.com>: Jun 14 09:25PM -0500


> Why? Nearly every mass shooting we've had has been by a non-NRA
> member and democrat.
 
> Seems the solution is to make it illegal for a democrat to own a gun.
 
Very true.
--
Moderate <nospam@noemail.com>: Jun 14 09:25PM -0500

>> Therefore it's Trump's fault, in collusion with the Russians.
>> Seriously...it could've been so much worse.
 
> Wow, that's really surprising. Normally violent political extremists come from the right.
 
Almost never.
--
Moderate <nospam@noemail.com>: Jun 14 09:30PM -0500


>> Wow, that's really surprising. Normally violent political extremists come from the right.
 
>> Really....your explanation of the violent protests in Portland, Berkeley, etc.?
 
> Oh, of course. How could these horrible events possibly compare to the Oklahoma City bombing? Or to Eric Rudolph and all the other anti-abortion nutters who terrorized abortion clinics for years? For the love of all that's holy, let's keep some perspective here.
 
McVeigh wasn't a conservative.
--
Moderate <nospam@noemail.com>: Jun 14 09:33PM -0500

> interference in the election...
 
> ...and then asking questions about the leaks, rather than Russia's
> interference.
 
The leaks were real. Sessions had nothing to do with Russia. Just
fake news.
--
David Laville <dlaville@bellsouth.net>: Jun 14 08:55PM -0500


>> You DO realize that whatever Obama did or did not do is utterly
>> irrelevant to what Trump is doing right now, right?
 
>You DO realize that Obama was, and is , LIAR OF THE YEAR?
 
But what Bush did or didn't do was totally relevant to everything
Obama tried to do for 8 years.
David Laville <dlaville@bellsouth.net>: Jun 14 08:55PM -0500


>> Before I do.
 
>> Tell me that you actually believe that to be true.
 
>You're STUMPED AGAIN! Can't provide the PROOF, can you?
 
You haven't learned the Alan Baker rules of argument yet?
 
When he post something it's you're job to prove it wrong. When you
post something it's your job to prove it right.
 
Notice how when you asked him to prove something untrue he immediately
spun the argument to put the responsibility on you to prove yourself
right? Baker is a pseudo-intellectual and why I killed filed him
months ago.
David Laville <dlaville@bellsouth.net>: Jun 14 08:56PM -0500


>> Why won't you answer?
 
>> :-)
 
>Why won't you? YOU'RE the one making the claim: now BACK IT UP!! Of course you CAN'T!!!
 
The Alan Baker rule of argument: When he post something it's your job
to prove it wrong and until you do it's to be accepted as fact. When
you post something it's your job to prove it correct and until you do
it's nothing more than hearsay.
 
Again, notice how he refuses to substantiate his claim and tries to
spin the argument to put the responsibility on you to prove your claim
correct? This is how the ignorant uses smoke and mirrors to make
themselves look intelligent.
David Laville <dlaville@bellsouth.net>: Jun 14 08:57PM -0500


>> ...hell everyone except for a tiny percentage of the utterly ignorant
>> know it.
 
>TYPICAL Dimocrat liberal: makes claims that he CAN'T BACK UP!! You wrote you were going to provide the PROOF and all it is is "he lies and you know it." That is the usual Dimocrat NOTHING BURGER!!!
 
He did prove it. He said "He lies. You know it. I know it". That's
all the proof Alan Baker needs. In his pea brain he showed the world
how wrong you were!
 
Want to hear something comical? He likes to brag about dealing only
with the facts.
Dene <gdstrue@aol.com>: Jun 14 05:48PM -0700

On 06/14/2017 11:51 AM, Dene wrote:
> Identity is known and the shooter has posted anti-Trump statements on social media.
> Therefore it's Trump's fault, in collusion with the Russians.
> Seriously...it could've been so much worse.
 
 
Wow, that's really surprising. Normally violent political extremists come from the right.
 
Really....your explanation of the violent protests in Portland, Berkeley, etc.?
Dene <gdstrue@aol.com>: Jun 14 05:49PM -0700

On Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 5:05:00 PM UTC-4, MNMikeW wrote:
 
> > Since it was a near calamity I think their followers will say that if
> > everyone had a gun there would've been no problem at all.
 
> They had armed security there.
 
There was one guy.
 
Two.
Carbon <nobrac@nospam.tampabay.rr.com>: Jun 14 09:30PM -0400

On 06/14/2017 08:48 PM, Dene wrote:
>> Seriously...it could've been so much worse.
 
> Wow, that's really surprising. Normally violent political extremists come from the right.
 
> Really....your explanation of the violent protests in Portland, Berkeley, etc.?
 
Oh, of course. How could these horrible events possibly compare to the Oklahoma City bombing? Or to Eric Rudolph and all the other anti-abortion nutters who terrorized abortion clinics for years? For the love of all that's holy, let's keep some perspective here.
Dene <gdstrue@aol.com>: Jun 14 06:40PM -0700

Oh, of course. How could these horrible events possibly compare to the Oklahoma City bombing? Or to Eric Rudolph and all the other anti-abortion nutters who terrorized abortion clinics for years? For the love of all that's holy, let's keep some perspective here.
 
Here's some perspective.
Recent history vs ancient history.
David Laville <dlaville@bellsouth.net>: Jun 14 08:50PM -0500

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 17:48:18 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gdstrue@aol.com>
wrote:
 
>> Seriously...it could've been so much worse.
 
>Wow, that's really surprising. Normally violent political extremists come from the right.
 
>Really....your explanation of the violent protests in Portland, Berkeley, etc.?
 
The Antifa has been down in New Orleans in support of the confederate
statue removal. They're really bad ass, just ask the old women in
wheelchairs they've been pepper spraying......seriously.
David Laville <dlaville@bellsouth.net>: Jun 14 08:51PM -0500

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 20:28:06 -0400, Carbon
>> wouldn't happen is complete bullshit, huh?
 
>It truly is. The US has more guns per capita than any other first world nation as well as the highest gun homicide rate.
 
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate
 
And New Orleans, ran by the most radical left wing mayor and city
council just surpassed Chicago as the murder capital of the U.S.
 
http://thehayride.com/2017/05/new-orleans-murder-rate-is-now-higher-than-chicagos/
 
Cities with the highest murder rates - ran by democrats
 
Vast majority of mass shootings- committed by democrats
 
Seems like the problem isn't the NRA but democrats, right?
David Laville <dlaville@bellsouth.net>: Jun 14 08:51PM -0500

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 20:21:22 -0400, Carbon
>> Therefore it's Trump's fault, in collusion with the Russians.
>> Seriously...it could've been so much worse.
 
>Wow, that's really surprising. Normally violent political extremists come from the right.
 
Really, care to name some?
David Laville <dlaville@bellsouth.net>: Jun 14 08:51PM -0500


>>Sounds like an unhinged Bernie fan. Leftist violent rhetoric is to blame.
 
>Without doubt.
>Maybe now the GOP will think again about the NRA.
 
Why? Nearly every mass shooting we've had has been by a non-NRA
member and democrat.
 
Seems the solution is to make it illegal for a democrat to own a gun.
-hh <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com>: Jun 14 06:54PM -0700

Greg wrote:
>> For the love of all that's holy, let's keep some perspective here.
 
> Here's some perspective.
> Recent history vs ancient history.
 
First off, there was YA attack at an abortion clinic (shooter; killed ..3?) within the last ~18 months.
 
Second, I happened to hear a right wing radio station last week while in a Red State and they
played what they claimed was a "funny" story clip; think the title was something about being
condemned to being a democrat...in any event, that narrative went beyond Hillary and back to
Ted Kennedy and Chappaquidick...how's that for dredging up "ancient" in partisanship land?
 
-hh
David Laville <dlaville@bellsouth.net>: Jun 14 08:54PM -0500

On Mon, 5 Jun 2017 08:11:27 -0700 (PDT), "John B."
 
>So you've read one opinion piece written by a right-wing
>pundit who doesn't know anything about climate change and
>your mind is made up.
 
But that wasn't your argument, now was it? You said the Paris Accord
did not commit the US to send $100b/year overseas and when proven
wrong you changed it into an argument about what the author said about
climate change.
 
And you have the gonads to call Moderate clueless?
David Laville <dlaville@bellsouth.net>: Jun 14 08:49PM -0500

On Thu, 8 Jun 2017 11:52:29 -0700 (PDT), "Scott M. Kozel"
 
>One thing with a lob wedge is that even to cover 40 or 50 feet in
>distance you need to hit it pretty hard, because with that loft
>a lot of the flight goes vertically.
 
That's why I hate hitting them. I got one years ago when they first
came out. Hit it at the range and gave it to a friend, he loved it.
David Laville <dlaville@bellsouth.net>: Jun 14 08:49PM -0500

On Wed, 7 Jun 2017 01:13:15 -0700 (PDT), "Scott M. Kozel"
 
>But isn't one of the main purposes of the modern system of 4 wedges,
>to not have to open the face of a wedge and thereby create sidespin?
 
I have very little problem with side spin. If it does affect the shot
the ball only bounces an inch or two to the right when it hits. Than
again I play shitty greens so that may be why the side spin doesn't
hurt me.
David Laville <dlaville@bellsouth.net>: Jun 14 08:50PM -0500

On Mon, 5 Jun 2017 19:13:08 -0700 (PDT), "Scott M. Kozel"
 
>Is this a useful club for the mid-handicapper (upper 80s)?
 
I guess that would depend on you and your game. Personally, I can't
stand the feel of hitting anything with more loft than a SW. I carry
3 wedges, a pitching wedge, gap wedge and sand wedge. If I have to
hit something that requires more loft than my SW, which is rarely, I
simply open the face of my gap wedge and hit across it. The reason I
use my gap wedge is because it's beryllium copper, which I like the
feel of, and has less flange.
"John B." <johnb505@gmail.com>: Jun 14 06:38PM -0700

the lying, liberal Washington Post and NY Times report that
Mueller is investigating whether Trump obstructed justice.
This is obviously fake news made up by the lying, liberal press.
 
 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/special-counsel-is-investigating-trump-for-possible-obstruction-of-justice/2017/06/14/9ce02506-5131-11e7-b064-828ba60fbb98_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-banner-low_trumpmueller625pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.4fe897624431
"John B." <johnb505@gmail.com>: Jun 14 06:33PM -0700

> >looking for any evidence of possible financial crimes among Trump
> >associates, officials said.'
 
> ><https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/special-counsel-is-investigating-trump-for-possible-obstruction-of-justice/2017/06/14/9ce02506-5131-11e7-b064-828ba60fbb98_story.html>
 
Trump can't fire Mueller. Mueller doesn't work for him.
BK@Onramp.net: Jun 14 06:18PM -0500

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 16:05:44 -0700, Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
wrote:
 
>privilege] as an authority for an action"
 
>He doesn't have to be the one who has the privilege to invoke it...
 
>...but he does need instruction from the president in order to use it.
 
Which he probably won't get, so he should just defer to the 5th
Amendment.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.golf+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment