Digest for rec.sport.football.college@googlegroups.com - 25 updates in 13 topics

Friday, June 9, 2017

Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jun 09 08:27PM

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 12:47:20 -0700 (PDT), Futbol Phan
>> I kicked your ass.
 
>> Hugh.
 
>You're on quite a roll these days you lying, senile ignorant POS. I give you until August 1 until you have alienated everyone in this chatrum with your assholishness.
 
You mean I haven't alienated the sons of bitches like you already? I
guess I'm not as good as I once was.
 
Posted from the brier patch,
 
Brer Rabbit
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
jim brown <jimbrowndoc@yahoo.com>: Jun 09 09:01PM -0700

On Friday, June 9, 2017 at 12:11:54 PM UTC-5, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
 
> Brown is the color of my asshole - and he made and asstoot
> observation.
 
> Hugh
 
 
 
Perhaps you should wash more thoroughly. That might explain your stench.
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jun 09 09:00PM -0700

Evergreen State College is in jeopardy of losing its public
funding as a consequence of missing an enrollment quota
established by the state legislature. Evergreen State College is
approximately 300 students short of the state's funded enrollment
target, despite accepting 98.9 percent of applicants. I'd like
to read the applications of that 1.1 percent.
 
----
 
I've been thinking about The University of Missouri.
Read that enrollment dropped from 35000 in 2015 to 31000.
This is significant if not alarming, until you consider
that those 4000 might be the best scholars.
 
--
Michael Press
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jun 09 08:45PM -0700

Hence attorneys for David Daleiden and CMP filed a motion
to disqualify Judge Orrick for bias in favor of the plaintiff.
Orrick is a past board member, and more recently as an emeritus board member,
of an organization that has a "key partnership" with a Planned Parenthood affiliate that is a member
of the plaintiff National Abortion Federation (NAF)
 
<https://www.thomasmoresociety.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/170608-DD-NAF-DD-Mot-to-Disqualify-Judge-Dkt-428.pdf>
<http://tinyurl.com/yccksdxa>
<http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/06/09/planned-parenthood-videomaker-files-motion-disqualify-judge-censored-videos/>
 
--
Michael Press
plaidmoon@gmail.com: Jun 09 05:27PM -0700

Michael, I just checked out the budget.house.gov link you provided. That 0.8 trillion dollar figure was from 2012.
 
So, are we to believe that LBJ was buying votes 40 years after his death?
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jun 09 07:37PM -0700

In article <d94f1075-83e5-4f48-b27f-46eeecf3e346@googlegroups.com>,
 
> Michael, I just checked out the budget.house.gov link you provided. That 0.8 trillion dollar figure was from 2012.
 
> So, are we to believe that LBJ was buying votes 40 years after his death?
 
Yes.
 
--
Michael Press
Some dued <theodoreward@gmail.com>: Jun 09 08:23PM -0700

Did he at least win the election?
The NOTBCS Guy <don.p.del.grande@gmail.com>: Jun 09 07:18PM -0700

Coleman won the 100 in 10.04, but in a heavy head wind (it would have been wind-aired in the other direction). His 9.82 was in a 1.3 m/sec tailwind.
 
Meanwhile, the only women's pole vaulter from UNC didn't clear the starting height of 13-1 1/2, although there might have been wind problems as only seven cleared 13-7 1/4.
The NOTBCS Guy <don.p.del.grande@gmail.com>: Jun 09 07:59PM -0700

And it looks like Florida's men's 4x400 relay team didn't get the message that they had to finish behind Texas Tech and Alabama so they and Texas A&M would finish tied in points, and in track & field, that means that the SEC would have two national champions - instead, it's only Florida.
CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>: Jun 09 10:22PM

What a bitch this guy is; he acts like a vengeful woman and was in cahoots
with Obama and the Clintons. He orchestrated the whole thing, the
appointment of a special counsel, the spying on American citizens and then
turning the info over to the NYT, everything.
 
The FBI now controls very powerful levers of the government. Will Comey
and Mueller allow Trump to stay in as president? If not, how will they
deal with Pence?
 
https://is.gd/pZSfVE
 
 
POLLAK: James Comey's Admission Means Special Counsel Must Be Dropped
James Comey Robert Mueller (Win McNamee / Getty)
Win McNamee / Getty
 
by Joel B. Pollak9 Jun 2017617
 
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
 
Former FBI director James Comey made a major mistake at his hearing at the
Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday when he revealed that he had
deliberately leaked a memorandum of a conversation with the president
because he "thought that might prompt the appointment of a special
counsel."
 
Aside from the legal jeopardy that Comey may face as a result of having
leaked a government document as a private citizen, Comey has now
undermined Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation by revealing it
to be a deliberate political setup.
 
Earlier in the hearing, Comey had praised the special counsel as a
critical tool to discover the truth about Russian interference in the 2016
presidential election: "Understanding what efforts there were or are by
the Russian government to influence our government is a critical part of
the FBI's mission, so — and you've got the right person in Bob Mueller to
lead it," he said.
 
But later, Comey said that he had hoped to "prompt the appointment of a
special counsel" for reasons that had nothing to do with Russia. Comey
leaked his memo, he said, so that he could corroborate claims by aides
that he told them Trump had asked for his "loyalty."
 
The Times reported those leaked claims on May 11, and Trump denied them
the following day, accusing Comey of leaking to the press. Three days
later, Comey told the Senate, he remembered the memo and leaked it.
 
He knew Trump was not under investigation for ties to Russia — a fact he
refused to divulge publicly — but pushed for a special counsel to be
appointed because he wanted to take revenge on the president. He leaked
through Columbia Law School professor Daniel Richman, who approached the
New York Times. (It was a left-wing trifecta: a former government
bureaucrat, an Ivy League academic, and a liberal mainstream media outlet.)
 
Moreover, the special counsel that was appointed was — coincidentally? —
one of Comey's long-time associates, the FBI director when Comey was
Deputy Attorney General.
 
"For Mueller to be brought in to investigate the behavior of the guy who
sacked Comey seems a conflict of interest," wrote Carl M. Cannon of
RealClearPolitics. "These two guys, working in tandem, have a track record
of bureaucratic infighting — with another Republican White House as their
shared adversary — that belies their reputations for being above political
intrigue."
 
Comey did not have to tell the Senate Intelligence Committee that he had
leaked his memo to the press to make sure a special counsel was appointed.
He could have just told the hearing that he had wanted to set the record
straight. That might have led to questions about why he had not waited to
testify before revealing the memo, but he could have said he was worried
about Trump exerting executive privilege to block it.
 
Instead, Comey blurted out the truth: he had seen a chance to make the
political case for a special counsel through the power of the mainstream
media.
 
Suddenly, the motive behind Comey's bizarre pattern of behavior over the
past year is obvious. Comey went along with former Attorney General
Loretta Lynch's request to hide the criminal investigation into Hillary
Clinton, and later made the extraordinary recommendation not to prosecute
her, because he did not want the public to blame him or the FBI for
destroying her election prospects.
 
When she seemed certain to win, in late October 2016, he feared
Republicans might blame him for ensuring her victory, and so he re-opened
the Clinton investigation in a public way. He probably never imagined that
she would lose: he simply wanted to be able to avoid blame for her win.
 
Then, once the impossible happened, Comey was scapegoated by the media and
the Democratic Party for Clinton's loss. So he made sure that President
Trump was dogged by false allegations, and later set in motion a process
that made Trump's removal from office possible, setting himself up as the
hero. At all times, he justified his actions, to himself and to the
public, by claiming he was protecting the integrity of the FBI, which he
was in fact destroying it.
 
Comey clearly wanted credit for the appointment of the special counsel.
But his admission that he manipulated the media — and the evidence — to
win a political fight with Trump undermines the justification for that
appointment.
 
Mueller was not appointed to find the truth about Russia, but to bring
down the Trump presidency.
 
Nothing Mueller does can be taken at face value any longer, and every
action he takes will be clouded by political suspicion. He should be
dismissed and replaced by an independent, bipartisan commission. Otherwise
the truth will never be known, or trusted.
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jun 09 10:45PM

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 22:22:43 +0000 (UTC), CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>
wrote:
 
>with Obama and the Clintons. He orchestrated the whole thing, the
>appointment of a special counsel, the spying on American citizens and then
>turning the info over to the NYT, everything.
 
I've been waiting for libs to pounce on Comey testimony so I could
respond.
 
Could it be that libs suddenly comprehend that Comey only blamed and
asserted BUT offered no proof based on the minimal news I read.
 
I often phrase comments to trap people into assuming what I said and
making fools of themselves as a result - Jim Brown is the most recent
example. Trump may have done the same thing with Comey. However, I
think he might be too over-confident to be devious. Can you imagine
his antics if he scored a touchdown.
 
I see a lot of smoke but I don't see the fire YET - it's usually
somewhere aroound.
 
Hugh
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>: Jun 09 11:35PM

On Fri, 09 Jun 2017 22:45:40 +0000, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
 
> example. Trump may have done the same thing with Comey. However, I think
> he might be too over-confident to be devious. Can you imagine his antics
> if he scored a touchdown.
 
I don't doubt for a second that Trump can be devious as you don't become a
billionaire by being a nice guy.
 
Personally, I don't believe Trump had the motivation to set up such an
elaborate scheme so early in his presidency. Comey, that is a different
story with more sure to come in the next few days.
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jun 09 08:30PM

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 12:33:54 -0700 (PDT), Some dued
 
>People born before 1937 are stupid losers.
 
We taught you. Maybe that's the problem. We were given faulty material
to work with.
 
Who's your president?
 
Hugh
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Some dued <theodoreward@gmail.com>: Jun 09 01:59PM -0700

Its a poor Craftsman who blames his materials.
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jun 09 10:30PM

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 13:59:25 -0700 (PDT), Some dued
 
>Its a poor Craftsman who blames his materials.
 
I never heard anyone do that - it must be your family thing.
 
Hugh
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 09 04:24PM -0700

This is ridiculous.
 
"Companies can deduct the cost of their employees' health insurance while employees are not required to report that benefit as income. That results in roughly a $400 billion annual transfer of funds from state and federal treasuries to insurers to provide coverage for the Americans least in need of assistance."
 
The author assumes that all of our money belongs to the government and any money we don't give the government - whether we call it a deduction or not - is a gift from the government to us.
 
This ridiculous line of thinking is how we get a federal government of overbearing immensity.
dotslashderek@gmail.com: Jun 09 02:40PM -0700

If you didn't defend him, why did you say "thanks for making me defend trump"?
 
Cheers.
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jun 09 04:14PM -0700

In article <c4056ad1-950a-42cb-b70f-6718751d9207@googlegroups.com>,
 
> Admit it. With Trump you know damb well it's plausible
 
No, we do not. The whole international trip was well planned and
went smoothly. Officially Saudi Arabia does not allow overflights
of planes to or from Israel. Air Force one made that trip. All
fox paws were strained invention.
 
--
Michael Press
CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>: Jun 09 10:32PM

On Fri, 09 Jun 2017 07:15:41 -0700, Emperor Wonko the Sane wrote:
 
 
> The fact that people of all political stripes hate him at one time or
> another says very good things about his integrity as an investigator.
 
> Doug
 
Or, just as Andrew mentioned, it could also very easily mean that he is a
weasel and he makes people uneasy because he is deceitful and tricky.
Maybe he intentionally breaks laws, let's others break laws with no
repercussions, and sets people up to intentionally ruin their lives
because he is a horrible person.
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Jun 09 02:46PM -0700

Soooo plumber comes to fix the leak. He finds that the real cause is that when the house was built they put a nail through the supply line. Since it's PEX it sealed around the nail sort of. May have been leaking very slow all these years. The demo crew pulled that nail out of the floor and also therefore the pipe. Presto: tiny unnoticed leak becomes larger leak.
 
So not their fault. Which means I'm paying for it not them.
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 09 03:02PM -0700

I once drove a screw through a sewer/drain line. Had to make a hole in the wall to repair it. Was almost finished with the job and it cost me an extra day.
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jun 09 10:32PM

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 14:46:30 -0700 (PDT), xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>
wrote:
 
> these years. The demo crew pulled that nail out of the floor and also ther=
>efore the pipe. Presto: tiny unnoticed leak becomes larger leak.
 
>So not their fault. Which means I'm paying for it not them.
 
Who told you life was fair?
 
Hugh
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>: Jun 09 10:24PM

On Fri, 09 Jun 2017 10:25:35 -0700, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
 
> you're a white supremacist or something
 
> Satire ruling?
 
> https://hyperallergic.com/383776/why-we-need-to-start-seeing-the-
classical-world-in-color/?utm_source=social&utm_campaign=fbpage
 
I haven't read the article and probably won't because, for some reason,
I'm getting very lazy lately. The solution to this issue is simple. All
they have to do is remove the statues that look too white. Geez, it's not
rocket science.
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jun 09 08:18PM

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 11:10:14 -0700 (PDT), Futbol Phan
 
>At her age she could be my granddaughter. My generation? I guess I need to consider the source...
 
That's your mommy and daddy.
 
Hugh
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>: Jun 09 08:12PM

Seattle's Muslim community is scared and frightened and they have a
tremendous amount of stress and pressure. According to Seattle's mayor,
we must all stand against racism and bigotry but, oddly enough, also stand
with Muslims. Seems kind of exactly opposite world.
 
No word yet on if the Seattle mayor will stand with victims of terror and
go visit them and get to know them, maybe even help with a shit bag or to
put on a prosthetic, or empty a bed pan. Maybe he will speak with them
about the hate and bigotry that crippled them, maimed them, ruined them,
and tell them to stand against it, fight it, and to never give up to Islam.
 
I doubt it though. I'm getting the feeling the Seattle mayor may not care
about the targets too much, just the bombers, knifers, car attackers,
etc... and their religion and how much someone of their same religion may
feel differently after each latest slaughter by their brethren.
 
https://is.gd/D3aph2
 
"Our Muslim community is feeling a tremendous amount of stress and
pressure," said former Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn, who plans to attend a
counter-rally Saturday. "It's important for local leaders to express
solidarity and make clear we stand against bigotry, against racism and
with our Muslim neighbors in the state and beyond."
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.football.college+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment