Digest for rec.sport.football.college@googlegroups.com - 25 updates in 8 topics

Thursday, June 29, 2017

xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Jun 29 06:52AM -0700

On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 8:42:43 AM UTC-4, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 8:42:23 PM UTC-5, the_andr...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > It's insanity. Especially in this case where the parents had the funding to pay for an opportunity to attempt an investigative therapy.
 
> That's the part I'm not grokking - if NHS says "Look, we can't do anymore - but if you wanna keep trying, go ahead" - I can see that. But to deny the parents the chance to keep trying seems really weird
 
That's the part where I'm off the train too. I can't see the logic of forcing them to forego treatment they have the funds to get elsewhere.
Some dued <theodoreward@gmail.com>: Jun 29 07:13AM -0700

The real douchebag is the one trying to save the life of their child knowing they will never earn the millions it will take to pay for it?
I guess we have different dictionaries.
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Jun 29 07:17AM -0700

On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 10:13:43 AM UTC-4, Some dued wrote:
> The real douchebag is the one trying to save the life of their child knowing they will never earn the millions it will take to pay for it?
> I guess we have different dictionaries.
 
They have the money.
 
RIF
dotslashderek@gmail.com: Jun 29 07:21AM -0700

Whether it's way overstepping or not, their decision had nothing to do with being worried about being shown up - the American docs they wanted to use said at best this would extend life, not restore any of the already lost brain function, etc - and had nothing to do with rationing care, either.
 
It's all pretty plainly called out - surprised you could read about this and not quickly understand the court decisions - to put it plainly, they said you're #!#$ing torturing this infant and the only purpose is to drag out the inevitable.
 
Not saying I agree with it, but that's the reasoning they've been basing their decisions on.
 
Cheers.
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jun 29 01:08PM

On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 20:50:55 -0700 (PDT), Some dued
 
>To test fire into another book to see if the bullet goes all the way through first?
 
A typical liberal response. NOW you think about that.
 
Hugh
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Jun 29 06:10AM -0700

On Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 11:50:59 PM UTC-4, Some dued wrote:
> To test fire into another book to see if the bullet goes all the way through first?
 
> http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40438207
 
There was a dude in my dorm at VT who was a proud SC redneck. When he dropped out, he took his calculus book out and shot a bunch of holes through it. There was no social media then but he did take pictures and I remember thinking that the holes were smaller than I expected. He had to open the book (butterfly it, for you steak cooks), to get the bullets to go all the way through.
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 29 07:13AM -0700

He didn't want to give the bookstore the ability to magically reduce and increase the value of that book by simply transferring ownership?
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Jun 29 07:18AM -0700

> He didn't want to give the bookstore the ability to magically reduce and increase the value of that book by simply transferring ownership?
 
Yeah, that was a serious racket. Have millennials figured out a way around it yet? Probably involving the internet?
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 29 07:17AM -0700

My fly rod fishing is primarily panfish/bass or salt. I've never gotten into the trout thing although I've been a few times out west.
 
I have a friend who has some obscure trout record on one of those tiny trout in the NC mountains.
 
I thinks it's all the pictures of guys proud of catching trout smaller than your hand limits any appeal to NC stream fishing for me.
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): Jun 29 12:59PM

On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 18:38:23 -0700 (PDT), "the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com"
 
>---
>This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
>http://www.avg.com
 
You have not lived until you fly from Hickam Field to Frisco in a C-47
with seating for parachuters - or landed in a plowed field crouched in
the hopper of a cotton duster. Those are lasting memories.
 
Hugh
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 29 07:12AM -0700

Reminds me of one my favorite air wing jokes.
 
ATC to JAL147 pilot, "civilian aircraft are to address the tower as Honolulu. Hickam is a military designation."
JAL147 pilot to ATC, "no can say Honoruru."
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Jun 29 07:16AM -0700

> Reminds me of one my favorite air wing jokes.
 
> ATC to JAL147 pilot, "civilian aircraft are to address the tower as Honolulu. Hickam is a military designation."
> JAL147 pilot to ATC, "no can say Honoruru."
 
even older joke, you've probably heard it before.
 
Berlin tower "Speedbird 241, taxi to runway 23" [Speedbird is British Airways' call-sign]
BA Pilot "Err, umm, which taxiway should I take?"
Berlin tower "You should know your way around! Haven't you flown to Berlin before!!?"
BA Pilot "Yes but it was at night and we didn't land"
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Jun 29 07:17AM -0700


> With my luck, we'll lose pressure and have to fly at 1500'.
 
> I did that once on a turboprop.
 
> It was nice and sticky.
 
You have been unlucky. I've flow quite a bit this year and had no mechanical issues. Now, computer issues causing delays while loading paperwork is done are another story....
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 29 07:14AM -0700

I'm not a news viewer in general, especially sports, so you can imagine how difficult it is to avoid TVs in airports.
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 29 05:57AM -0700

Courts got involved. It was no longer a health or rights issue. It was a we are the state and only the state can give rights issue.
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj4life@gmail.com>: Jun 29 06:03AM -0700

> Courts got involved. It was no longer a health or rights issue. It was a we are the state and only the state can give rights issue.
 
crazy shit
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Jun 29 06:13AM -0700

> Courts got involved. It was no longer a health or rights issue. It was a we are the state and only the state can give rights issue.
 
Hate to agree with you this but I do. If the US will let them come in, there's no reason they shouldn't let them go. Totally whacked.
 
I'll be curious to see how some of my more extreme FB friends spin this. I suspect they'll ignore it.
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj4life@gmail.com>: Jun 29 06:27AM -0700

On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 8:13:28 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> > Courts got involved. It was no longer a health or rights issue. It was a we are the state and only the state can give rights issue.
 
> Hate to agree with you this but I do. If the US will let them come in, there's no reason they shouldn't let them go. Totally whacked.
 
> I'll be curious to see how some of my more extreme FB friends spin this. I suspect they'll ignore it.
 
I've got an NRO article about this, I'll post later if it's good - haven't had a chance to read yet.
 
Let us know about the FB folks and their spin
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 29 06:30AM -0700

"Hate to agree with you this..."
 
What?
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Jun 29 07:07AM -0700

> "Hate to agree with you this..."
 
> What?
 
Because 1. I hate the fact that power hungry bureaucrats are having this effect on people and 2. while it's a terrible case and should be a no-brainer, the clear motivation for posting it is to blame it on the single payer systems there, where as dot-slash pointed out in another thread (which I read AFTER this one), it's a difficult situation not really related to what the health care system is.
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Jun 29 06:54AM -0700

> I never get it at airports. Huge convention at convention center with Starbucks and my hotel only had a Starbucks.
 
> Any other time it's if whomever I'm with is having it.
 
> I'm unimpressed with their coffee, although their new(ish) brew, pike place (?) seems to have almost knocked the old burned stuff out of the lineup.
 
I don't like coffee in general. I get it with as much milk as can be put into it. White Chocolate Mocha is my usual Starbucks order, or Americana that I pour 1/3 out and replace with milk.
 
That said I like to get coffee when I'm having a very sweet breakfast (like a cinnamon bun or a doughnut) or if I need the caffeine jolt.
 
What that paradigm, Starbucks is good enough.
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 29 07:05AM -0700

I grew up on cafe' au lait. Now it's just cafe'. I agree on the coffee with something sweet. I'll have an espresso in the afternoon if there's something sweet in the pantry.
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj4life@gmail.com>: Jun 29 06:02AM -0700

STOP FUCKING TWEETING SHIT
 
You ARE the POTUS
 
Just stop it. Quit with the SJW/gamergate troll fantasies and act like a freakin' president.
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Jun 29 06:17AM -0700

On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 9:02:23 AM UTC-4, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
> STOP FUCKING TWEETING SHIT
 
> You ARE the POTUS
 
> Just stop it. Quit with the SJW/gamergate troll fantasies and act like a freakin' president.
 
I know my wingnut friends don't believe me but I truly wish he would grow into the job and live up to the potential of being an outsider president with no investement in any existing policies.
 
gf works in the federal govt. She has some inside insight I'll try to find a way to share discreetly, without IDing her. It's not all bad (or all good). Let's just say as I've posted before there's a lot of wasted potential here, and sometimes tantalizing flashes of it can be seen.
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj4life@gmail.com>: Jun 29 06:25AM -0700

On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 8:17:09 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
 
> > Just stop it. Quit with the SJW/gamergate troll fantasies and act like a freakin' president.
 
> I know my wingnut friends don't believe me but I truly wish he would grow into the job and live up to the potential of being an outsider president with no investement in any existing policies.
 
> gf works in the federal govt. She has some inside insight I'll try to find a way to share discreetly, without IDing her. It's not all bad (or all good). Let's just say as I've posted before there's a lot of wasted potential here, and sometimes tantalizing flashes of it can be seen.
 
Please do - I'd be interested in this....
 
As a conservative, I'm so freakin' frustrated right now - I've obviously been very suspicious of him for a looong time. I want to like him, to support him - and as you say, watch him grow into the role.
 
But he just seems bent on confirming my fears.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.football.college+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment