Digest for rec.sport.football.college@googlegroups.com - 25 updates in 12 topics

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: Jun 16 12:14AM -0400

On 6/15/2017 7:13 AM, Con Reeder, unhyphenated American wrote:
>> I guess this guy thought the government had become tyrannical and took
>> Rand Paul seriously.
 
> I bet a whole shitpot full of Venezuelans wished they'd had a second amendment.
 
Yes. This.
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: Jun 16 12:11AM -0400

On 6/15/2017 10:49 AM, Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger wrote:
> White Trash w/Money. ($1 to Toby Keith).
 
That's pretty close to my goal! ;)
"Damon Hynes, Cyclone Ranger" <damonhynes@gmail.com>: Jun 15 04:43PM -0700


> http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/15/europe/london-student-grenfell-fire-volunteers-takes-exam/index.html
 
> We're way too eager to define groups by their extremists. I'm as or more guilty than most. But it's never touched the unbelievable optimism I have for the human race - all of y'all. Every place I've lived - and I like to bounce around - chock full of good people. Ok, off my 'box.
 
> Cheers.
 
:-)
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jun 15 08:04PM -0700

In article <28f09da1-8b7a-4481-9673-54235ffe40e7@googlegroups.com>,
 
> http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/15/europe/london-student-grenfell-fire-volunteers-takes-exam/index.html
 
> We're way too eager to define groups by their extremists. I'm as or more guilty than most. But it's never touched the unbelievable optimism I have for the human race - all of y'all. Every place I've lived - and I like to bounce around - chock full of good people. Ok, off my 'box.
 
> Cheers.
 
The Democratic Party can stop their inflammatory rhetoric
that encourages extremists that they are careful to disavow.
It it the KKK all over again: depriving people of their vote by force.
I blame the Democratic Party.
 
--
Michael Press
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: Jun 15 11:13PM -0400


> http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/15/europe/london-student-grenfell-fire-volunteers-takes-exam/index.html
 
> We're way too eager to define groups by their extremists. I'm as or more guilty than most. But it's never touched the unbelievable optimism I have for the human race - all of y'all. Every place I've lived - and I like to bounce around - chock full of good people. Ok, off my 'box.
 
> Cheers.
 
+1 Thank you.
dotslashderek@gmail.com: Jun 15 08:15PM -0700

Of course you do, press.
 
But you've resembled <insert any pulp sci-fi where humans defeat the ai by presenting two incompatible truths here> for, like, nine months now. Trump winning somehow broke you in weird and wild ways. Prior to that, I wager nobody on rsfc even knew of you were a right-leaning spock or a left-leaning spock.
 
So forgive me if I've stopped including *any* weight in the press opinion.
 
Cheers.
dotslashderek@gmail.com: Jun 15 08:21PM -0700

Thx ken. You know, my sparty friend, that I respect what you have to say even if we disagree.
 
One day we'll hoist a Bells and salute a nation where we can all vocally - but not violently - disagree.
 
Also my spell correct changed sparty friend to sorry friend which LOLOLOLZ.
 
Cheers.
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: Jun 16 12:07AM -0400


> One day we'll hoist a Bells and salute a nation where we can all vocally - but not violently - disagree.
 
> Also my spell correct changed sparty friend to sorry friend which LOLOLOLZ.
 
> Cheers.
 
I find that too many people that are politically aware can't talk about
politics with someone without getting ooc.
 
A lefty friend and fellow spartan died awhile back. We used to get
really obnoxious with each other, until we had a mutual realization that
we both liked the other too much for it to be like that. I miss him.
 
I hope there's a lot of that kind of realization in the near future.
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: Jun 15 11:18PM -0400

On 6/15/2017 10:22 AM, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
 
>> If the damb URL didn't give it away I was going to post that picture and ask if anyone could identify who it was. I know I wouldn't have been able to.
 
> Oh and that pic? Yes.
 
> But not the current version
 
The current version causes my junk to retreat in fear.
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: Jun 15 11:21PM -0400

On 6/15/2017 3:27 PM, unclejr wrote:
 
>>> and btw, WHHI?
 
>> with what? a steel club? Perhaps....sure as heck not with any part of me.
 
> Because you're such a fine catch yourself, right?
 
Choosing between mia and maddow would be difficult. I think I'd just go
celibate. ;)
dotslashderek@gmail.com: Jun 15 08:24PM -0700

Ken, I'm gonna +1 that because to be completely honest it's tough for me go distinguish her from that dude that follows her with the glasses.
 
But they're both So Damn Earnest (tm).
 
Cheers.
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: Jun 15 11:40PM -0400

> Ken, I'm gonna +1 that because to be completely honest it's tough for me go distinguish her from that dude that follows her with the glasses.
 
> But they're both So Damn Earnest (tm).
 
> Cheers.
 
tmml
CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>: Jun 16 03:37AM

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 22:31:19 -0700, Futbol Phan wrote:
 
>> If it weren't for this newsgroup, likely none of the Democrats here
>> would know about the events today.
 
> LMAO. You're rapidly losing touch.
 
:-) I can't pay attention to the board or current events like I could
just a short while ago. I've actually had to start working more and like,
it sucks. I feel like this damn job is invading my safe space and my
leisure time is taking a bad hit.
 
How can I create the fantastic snark and acidic mockery if I am not tuned
in? I can't. This is a real crisis.
CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>: Jun 16 03:34AM

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 22:33:43 -0700, Futbol Phan wrote:
 
>> killing us.
 
> 'Senator's' have been shot? I missed this completely. Must've been
> because I had CNN on...
 
They are horrible for how they treat their viewers. Anderson Cooper keeps
them in the dark and feeds them his favorite subject, shit.
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jun 15 03:52PM -0700

In article <ohsjvp$lna$7@gioia.aioe.org>, CtrlAltDel <altiemcd@aol.com>
wrote:
 
 
> There are more Democrat killers coming because they have been programmed
> by the Democrat's media organizations to think of themselves as heroes if
> they can get to him and end his life.
 
Democratic Party pays the families of these martyrs for the #Resistance.
 
--
Michael Press
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: Jun 15 11:16PM -0400

On 6/15/2017 6:52 PM, Michael Press wrote:
>> by the Democrat's media organizations to think of themselves as heroes if
>> they can get to him and end his life.
 
> Democratic Party pays the families of these martyrs for the #Resistance.
 
I thought this was going to be a pron link.
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jun 15 03:48PM -0700

In article <f00f3437-6b26-4f2b-aaa8-1ab448ad8bb8@googlegroups.com>,
 
> It'd be unbelievable if hypocrisy wasn't, you know, what we've all come to expect.
 
> Google right wing vs Muslim terrorism since 911 for some actual insight.
 
> Cheers.
 
Democratic Party started a shooting war. I win.
 
--
Michael Press
darkstar7646@gmail.com: Jun 15 04:41PM -0700

On Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 7:40:33 AM UTC-7, xyzzy wrote:
> I kept hearing conflicting news updates on whether he is critical or stable. Looks like for now the correct status is critical.
 
> If he were to die of these wounds (which doesn't seem likely) IMO the DNC should react by saying that "we will not contest the special election for his seat and if any Democrat signs up to run we will not support that candidate. Because violence is an unacceptable way to change the composition of Congress and we want no part of it."
 
I'd agree, except you know it wouldn't go the other way.
 
Mike (Which see Paul Wellstone)
darkstar7646@gmail.com: Jun 15 04:43PM -0700

On Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 11:41:42 AM UTC-7, Michael Press wrote:
]
> The DNC needs to come out against all violence in the name of politics
> not just that against government officials. Fourteenth amendment
> mandates equal protection under the law.
 
Funny the RepugnantPigs want to use the 14th now, when it's clear that some of the most virulent anger is decisions based on same, which require it's repeal to change...
 
Mike
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: Jun 15 10:58PM -0400

> A lot of dems could have behaved better after trump won. No argument there.
 
> Cheers.
 
I thought Chuck Todd's near-crying was hilarious.
dotslashderek@gmail.com: Jun 15 07:36PM -0700

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/15/opinions/republicans-dont-blame-liberals-cupp-opinion/index.html
 
A good read and a good reminder that we should all strive for consistency over clansmanship.
 
Cheers.
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jun 15 03:53PM -0700

In article <3b6f07ac-199b-48a1-ba39-fea704740e3f@googlegroups.com>,
 
> It's French
 
Ooh. Aren't you the fancy one.
 
--
Michael Press
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 15 06:49PM -0700

Wee
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jun 15 03:43PM -0700

In article <ab5e4d0d-dc73-4906-a65d-218311315b7a@googlegroups.com>,
 
> Okay, Pitino says he's going to appeal the national title loss, but even he admits some of the players on that team received illegal benefits (insert "is that what they're calling it now?" joke here), and I can't remember when the NCAA didn't vacate wins where ineligible players were used.
 
> Note that since all of the ineligible players on that team will have used up their NCAA eligibility by now, they get to keep their rings, but the school has to give back the NCAA trophy, and take down any title banners (as well as any other NCAA tournament banners from 2012-2015, I think).
 
> Oh, and before anyone asks, no, Michigan does NOT get to claim the title because it lost to Louisville in the final that year.
 
First across the finish line wins. No take backs.
 
--
Michael Press
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: Jun 15 03:41PM -0700

In article <889e984b-12e2-44fb-b360-83c921addcb0@googlegroups.com>,
 
> > You misspelt 'misspelt'. Remember---it is anti-hunting rhetoric.
> > MISS PELT.
 
> Would it have helped you understand my meaning if I had added a $1 to my post? Are you new to RSFC? Why do you hate America? ($1)
 
All of a sudden you hold conservative values.
James T. Hodgkinson wrote in a letter to a newspaper
`One of my favorite TV shows is "The Rachel Maddow Show".'
 
--
Michael Press
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.football.college+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment