Digest for rec.sport.football.college@googlegroups.com - 25 updates in 9 topics

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Mercellus Bohren <mercellusb@yahoo.com>: Jun 13 08:33AM -0700

Hey, I had an offer with a company in Austin and one in Raleigh, NC. Thought about Lago Vista if I took the north Austin job. Flipped a coin and moved from Houston to Raleigh. Job is great, town is cool, work from home most days and my commute downtown is easy. We made the right choice. These local rsfckers don't ask me to beers, but I'm over that....sniff...
"Con Reeder, unhyphenated American" <constance@duxmail.com>: Jun 13 10:39AM -0500

> work from home most days and my commute downtown is easy. We made the
> right choice. These local rsfckers don't ask me to beers, but I'm over
> that....sniff...
 
You shouldn't post so many puking stories, they like their cars.
 
--
Life isn't fair, but it's good. -- Regina Brett
"Con Reeder, unhyphenated American" <constance@duxmail.com>: Jun 13 09:53AM -0500


>> BTW - it looks like they got gaslighted (gaslit? trolled?) into this
 
>> https://www.buzzfeed.com/briannasacks/trolls-tricked-hundreds-of-conservatives-to-hold-a-rally-to?utm_term=.hsy1KgBrx#.bh23QeLRp
 
> Well there's no sucker like a right-wing sucker. Just look at the White House.
 
I submit that the life-long Democrat inhabiting the Oval Office is not "right wing".
 
--
Getting old is tough. It's frustrating when you know all the
answers and nobody bothers to ask the questions. -- unknown
"Con Reeder, unhyphenated American" <constance@duxmail.com>: Jun 13 10:05AM -0500


>> I submit that the life-long Democrat inhabiting the Oval Office is not "right wing".
 
> I'm not talking about the guy in the white house, I'm talking about
> all the people he suckered to get there.
 
The 37% of primary voters who supported him, do you mean? Or the 90%
of Republicans who rightfully considered the choice to be a toxic one
and declined to perform the give-up play?
 
If you are arguing that the Trump base is more batshit-crazy than the
pussyhat-wearing Democatic one, I am going to submit that this is far
from a granted supposition.
 
--
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on
society. -- Mark Twain
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Jun 13 08:00AM -0700

On Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 10:53:39 AM UTC-4, Con Reeder, unhyphenated American wrote:
 
> >> https://www.buzzfeed.com/briannasacks/trolls-tricked-hundreds-of-conservatives-to-hold-a-rally-to?utm_term=.hsy1KgBrx#.bh23QeLRp
 
> > Well there's no sucker like a right-wing sucker. Just look at the White House.
 
> I submit that the life-long Democrat inhabiting the Oval Office is not "right wing".
 
I'm not talking about the guy in the white house, I'm talking about all the people he suckered to get there.
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Jun 13 08:12AM -0700

On Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 11:05:34 AM UTC-4, Con Reeder, unhyphenated American wrote:
 
> If you are arguing that the Trump base is more batshit-crazy than the
> pussyhat-wearing Democatic one, I am going to submit that this is far
> from a granted supposition.
 
They aren't more bat-shit crazy. I would never say that because I know too many batshit crazy people on the left.
 
But they are much more gullible and are bigger suckers.
 
While I disagree with their decision to elect him it's sort of understandable. Their standing by him still is the evidence they are suckers. Their eager lapping up of fake news (really fake news, not "I don't like it so I'll call it fake news" that has become fashionable) is further confirmation. There's a reason they are so convinced that all fact checkers have a liberal bias.
 
For which ammo, gold-coin and survival-gear hucksters who make their living selling to right-wing talk-radio and FOX News audiences are eternally grateful.
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 13 08:13AM -0700

Quoth the Hillary voter.
"Con Reeder, unhyphenated American" <constance@duxmail.com>: Jun 13 10:19AM -0500

>> from a granted supposition.
 
> They aren't more bat-shit crazy. I would never say that because I know too many batshit crazy people on the left.
 
> But they are much more gullible and are bigger suckers.
 
You have too many people who seem to think socialism and a $15 minimum
wage is a good idea to make that contention.
 
 
> While I disagree with their decision to elect him it's sort of
> understandable. Their standing by him still is the evidence they are
> suckers.
 
You stand by your guy. The jury is still out on the *results* of his presidency, as much as
it is obvious he is very bad at presidenting.
 
> don't like it so I'll call it fake news" that has become fashionable)
> is further confirmation. There's a reason they are so convinced that
> all fact checkers have a liberal bias.
 
If you proclaim that the "fact checkers" are unbiased, *you're* the sucker.
 
> For which ammo, gold-coin and survival-gear hucksters who make their
> living selling to right-wing talk-radio and FOX News audiences are
> eternally grateful.
 
As do the Charity Navigator 1-star causes and state lotteries who thrive on the
Democratic base.
 
--
Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second
time you make it. -- unknown
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj4life@gmail.com>: Jun 13 08:21AM -0700

On Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 10:12:05 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
 
> But they are much more gullible and are bigger suckers.
 
> While I disagree with their decision to elect him it's sort of understandable. Their standing by him still is the evidence they are suckers. Their eager lapping up of fake news (really fake news, not "I don't like it so I'll call it fake news" that has become fashionable) is further confirmation. There's a reason they are so convinced that all fact checkers have a liberal bias.
 
> For which ammo, gold-coin and survival-gear hucksters who make their living selling to right-wing talk-radio and FOX News audiences are eternally grateful.
 
I understand your bitterness - gotta sting to know HRC lost to that voting block.
 
I know it still bugs me Trump came out of the primaries as the nominee
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Jun 13 08:27AM -0700

On Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 11:21:07 AM UTC-4, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
 
> > While I disagree with their decision to elect him it's sort of understandable. Their standing by him still is the evidence they are suckers. Their eager lapping up of fake news (really fake news, not "I don't like it so I'll call it fake news" that has become fashionable) is further confirmation. There's a reason they are so convinced that all fact checkers have a liberal bias.
 
> > For which ammo, gold-coin and survival-gear hucksters who make their living selling to right-wing talk-radio and FOX News audiences are eternally grateful.
 
> I understand your bitterness - gotta sting to know HRC lost to that voting block.
 
It did at first but has become more understandable as I've looked outside the bubble I'm in. Because one thing liberals are good at is self-critical think pieces on how we lost, and I've read them all.
 
But I'm also over Hillary and her machine for the most objective of reasons... they failed at the one, overwhelming duty of a party nominee her team... to win the election. Especially one that was so winnable. She's like the seemingly talented point guard who can't make a free throw to save his life... looks good and has some moves, but fails when the chips are down.
 
> I know it still bugs me Trump came out of the primaries as the nominee
 
It should.
"Con Reeder, unhyphenated American" <constance@duxmail.com>: Jun 13 10:38AM -0500


>> I know it still bugs me Trump came out of the primaries as the
>> nominee
 
> It should.
 
I don't know why. It's pretty much Jeb's fault. He was a self-serving idiot. If
he'd just run, that would have been fine, but to spend $100 million running
negative against Rubio? Oy vey. He should be run out of the Republican party
on a rail should he ever poke his head up again.
 
And the Dems who released the pussy-grab tape should know that if they had done
that in September 2015, they'd probably be dealing with President Rubio.
 
 
--
Life isn't fair, but it's good. -- Regina Brett
Futbol Phan <sgzphd@gmail.com>: Jun 13 08:27AM -0700

On Monday, June 12, 2017 at 9:09:26 PM UTC-5, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
> Alex Honnold is mentioned in this week's Economist - "Terror & the Internet" issue - in an article entitled "Rock Stars"
 
> http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21723152-series-remarkable-feats-increases-appeal-niche-sport-climbing-without-ropes
 
Thanks-- good read. I have never even considered attempting the climbing wall at my local Dick's, but I have total appreciation that what he did is an absolutely incredible athletic achievement
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 13 07:57AM -0700

Cheap exports!
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj4life@gmail.com>: Jun 13 08:04AM -0700

On Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 9:32:38 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
> > Long and depressing read about soil in China - also incredibly eye opening - or at least affirming what you suspected - talks about impact particularly in ag
 
> > http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21723128-and-fixing-it-will-be-hard-and-costly-most-neglected-threat-public-health-china
 
> Next big import from China: Potting soil! Look for it at a Lowes or Home Depot near you.
 
It'll be right by the sheetrock
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 13 08:15AM -0700

Near the baby formula.
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 13 07:57AM -0700

Remember bag phones?
 
The transmitter for my car phone was massive.
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Jun 13 08:01AM -0700

> Remember bag phones?
 
> The transmitter for my car phone was massive.
 
I remember when they were called Car Phones. Lexus offered one as an option. It was quite cutting edge.
 
https://www.google.com/search?q=lexus+car+phone&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwirz76fi7vUAhUBcz4KHcywD4cQsAQIbw&biw=1202&bih=612
Emperor Wonko the Sane <doug@sorensensdomain.net>: Jun 13 08:04AM -0700

> http://www.aei.org/publication/regulation-vs-innovation-why-1950s-teenagers-didnt-have-cellphones/
 
> Obviously more to the story, but it makes one wonder what citizens can accomplish when governments get out of the way.
 
The obvious counterpoint is that the cellular phone system wouldn't work at all without a regulatory system in place.
 
Doug
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 13 08:15AM -0700

That is exactly what my handset looked like.
 
Except the Lexus logos.
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 13 08:15AM -0700

Sure it would.
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 13 08:12AM -0700

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/06/12/black-lives-matter-halts-toronto-gay-pride-parade/
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 13 08:02AM -0700

We're all good at it. Hypocrisy is an interesting part of the human condition.
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: Jun 13 08:03AM -0700

> We're all good at it. Hypocrisy is an interesting part of the human condition.
 
I've always said hypocrisy makes the world go round. If people were all pure and consistent nothing would get done.
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Jun 13 08:00AM -0700

Oh. That's a little scary.
 
I didn't make it to the spirit animal stuff. I was amazed at all the TSHIRTS MUST REMAIN GENDERLESS! inanity.
 
The idea of gender equality as it literal equality as opposed to social or legal equality is mind bogglingly ridiculous.
 
These people really do live in a bubble of imagination.
jackdesexy@gmail.com: Jun 12 10:56PM -0700

Hi
 
Is there any escort in Riyadh Saudi ?
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.football.college+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment