Digest for rec.sport.tennis@googlegroups.com - 25 updates in 6 topics

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com>: May 23 07:27PM -0700

Actually, Mirka looked quite nice/elegant in these Pippa wedding photos. The best I've seen her look in a while.
 
http://cdn03.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/federer-pippa/roger-federer-pippa-middleton-wedding-12.jpg
Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: May 23 06:52PM -0700

Great news for TJT! Sequel to an (*ahem*) "all-time classic" is in the works. And here I thought the prospect of "Blade Runner 2049" was exciting.
 
http://www.eonline.com/news/856628/tom-cruise-just-confirmed-a-top-gun-sequel-is-in-the-works
Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com>: May 23 07:18PM -0700

Puke.
grif <griffin_230@hotmail.com>: May 23 11:35PM +0100

On 23/05/2017 23:26, TT wrote:
 
>> I always liked Moore best as the Bond. (Nowadays I think he and Connery are shared best)... he had the sort of suave British gentleman humour and character which defined the role. He acted mostly in 'light' roles but there are some more serious films which show that he really could act... for example 'The Man Who Haunted Himself (1970)'.
 
>> I guess we could now say that The Saint has become an angel.
 
> http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/08/28/article-2194871-14B980F4000005DC-101_634x504.jpg
 
For me, "The Spy Who Loved Me" is Moore's best Bond.
Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com>: May 23 07:13PM -0700

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 5:50:44 PM UTC-4, TT wrote:
 
> > So you watched The Lady Eve already? Why did you like it better than Bringing Up Baby and His Girl Friday?
 
> Better cast? ;-P
 
How dare you! :-p Stanwyck and dull/stone faced Henry Fonda better than Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn? Get outta town! You're killing me! :)
 

 

> Ah ok. So all these things you like, the rest of us not that much.
> Did it say anything about the year though? It seems to me that the term
> is predominantly used with 30s 40s comedies.
 
Yeah, I think the term screwball comedy originated in the 30s and 40s.
 
 
> > You liked that one too? You are liking screwball comedies and period piece films such as The Age of Innocence. What's happening with you lately? :)
 
> I'm probably turning gay, too.
 
No comment. :)
Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com>: May 23 07:15PM -0700

Connery is looking pretty frail these days too. He's pushing 90!
bob <bob@nospam.net>: May 23 07:59PM -0400

On Tue, 23 May 2017 02:18:17 -0500, Federer Fanatic
>appear to be mild infection.
 
>Bob is a lot more polite than a certain infamous Newcastle resident...which makes it
>more difficult to counter....I bet that's what gets you up in a dander a bit ;-)
 
for the most part in life i'm very polite. here, not as much, but
still, compared to courty?
 
bob
bob <bob@nospam.net>: May 23 08:01PM -0400

On Tue, 23 May 2017 00:04:50 -0700 (PDT), Court_1
>> season, while you were on haitus.
 
>Why? Because he leans towards being a Socialist and you agree with his politics whereas I supported Hillary Clinton and you despise her?
>I'm sure even Gracchus would never say he schooled me during the election season.
 
he doesn't have to say it. :-)
 
>We had very different political beliefs but even Gracchus didn't stoop so low to vote for that cretin Trump the way you did.
 
i respect that graccus refused to hold his nose and vote. his choice,
not a bad choice.
 
>Here's what Trump's wife really thinks/feels about him:
>https://twitter.com/haaretzcom/status/866661844999712769
>She's counting the seconds for him to kick the bucket.
 
lmao. you're one jealous lil lady!
 
bob
bob <bob@nospam.net>: May 23 08:08PM -0400

On Tue, 23 May 2017 16:48:23 -0700 (PDT), Gracchus
 
>"bob: > LOL. you're just mean. you some sorta beauty queen to be always
>picking on stef like that?"
 
>"Court 1: First of all: a)men can talk about how unattractive they think women or men are all of the time but I don't hear a peep from you about THEIR appearance when THEY do that, b) I really don't think Graf is attractive at all, in fact I find her quite unattractive in the face, always have and I am not alone on that one, and, c)yes, I am cute. :) "
 
:-)
 
bob
Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com>: May 23 05:32PM -0700

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 7:48:24 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:
 
 
 
> "bob: > LOL. you're just mean. you some sorta beauty queen to be always
> picking on stef like that?"
 
> "Court 1: First of all: a)men can talk about how unattractive they think women or men are all of the time but I don't hear a peep from you about THEIR appearance when THEY do that, b) I really don't think Graf is attractive at all, in fact I find her quite unattractive in the face, always have and I am not alone on that one, and, c)yes, I am cute. :) "
 
Ok, but as I said above I would describe myself as cute to maintain some modesty. If I said I was pretty how would that go over? I'd sound like Whisper.

 
> Men with a certain amount of wealth, status, or even just the gift of gab often get women much better-looking than they are, but I don't see the reverse nearly as often.
 
You'd be surprised how often the reverse happens in the wealthy world. Money can buy a lot of things for men or women.

 
> > Ok, but what does that have to do with my perception of Linda's looks?
 
> I presented it as just one example (of many) that shows there are plenty of people with lots of options who have a different set of priorities than you do.
 
No, I think it means that Paul has bad taste! :) Although speaking of Paul, he certainly seems to like independent women who come from prosperous families and women with some brains. Linda came from a wealthy family and had many interests, i.e.photography and his latest wife, Nancy Shevell, is the vice president of her family freight company and certainly sounds like no dummy. Credit to Paul for not choosing gold-digging bimbos without ambition.


> If we don't reference something tangible as the basis for a held belief, we can as easily pronounce any crackpot notion to be sound. Our illustrious prez does it all the time.
 
Something tangible? Such as? I have a sound value system. The difference between us is we seemingly come from different worlds and our political beliefs are vastly different. That doesn't mean you have a sound value system and I don't. If I worshipped Bernie Sanders you would probably have a different opinion! ;)
 

> I can't be Hall Monitor unless JD abdicates.
 
Good luck with that! :)
Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com>: May 23 05:33PM -0700

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 7:54:03 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:
 
> > What could she be successful at other than fawning over Whisper (according to him?) She sounds like some kind of drugged-up robot.
 
> you're jealous! you want some whisper dick or something? haha.
 
> bob
 
Yeah right. Not a chance from the way he describes her. She's too busy fawning over him, at least according to his posts. She probably was a teller in a bank.
bob <bob@nospam.net>: May 23 08:37PM -0400

On Tue, 23 May 2017 17:32:14 -0700 (PDT), Court_1
>> picking on stef like that?"
 
>> "Court 1: First of all: a)men can talk about how unattractive they think women or men are all of the time but I don't hear a peep from you about THEIR appearance when THEY do that, b) I really don't think Graf is attractive at all, in fact I find her quite unattractive in the face, always have and I am not alone on that one, and, c)yes, I am cute. :) "
 
>Ok, but as I said above I would describe myself as cute to maintain some modesty. If I said I was pretty how would that go over? I'd sound like Whisper.
 
well, whisper posted multiple photos. just sayin.
 
 
>> > Ok, but what does that have to do with my perception of Linda's looks?
 
>> I presented it as just one example (of many) that shows there are plenty of people with lots of options who have a different set of priorities than you do.
 
>No, I think it means that Paul has bad taste! :)
 
terrible thing to say. it's his taste and you can't take it he just
loved her.
 
> Although speaking of Paul, he certainly seems to like independent women who come from prosperous families and women with some brains. Linda came from a wealthy family and had many interests, i.e.photography and his latest wife, Nancy Shevell, is the vice president of her family freight company and certainly sounds like no dummy. Credit to Paul for not choosing gold-digging bimbos without ambition.
 
>> If we don't reference something tangible as the basis for a held belief, we can as easily pronounce any crackpot notion to be sound. Our illustrious prez does it all the time.
 
>Something tangible? Such as? I have a sound value system.
 
??
 
> The difference between us is we seemingly come from different worlds and our political beliefs are vastly different. That doesn't mean you have a sound value system and I don't. If I worshipped Bernie Sanders you would probably have a different opinion! ;)
 
>> I can't be Hall Monitor unless JD abdicates.
 
>Good luck with that! :)
 
bob
Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com>: May 23 05:40PM -0700

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 7:56:52 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:
 
> >> problem with you making statements about women's looks.
 
> >That shows how unaware you are because I'm the first person to say Hillary has an ass the size of Wyoming!
 
> but it really angered you that day, you lashed out.
 
I didn't lash out because you agreed that Hillary has a big ass. She does have a big ass. I probably got pissed off about your fawning over that sickening Donald and the fact that his ass is just as big as Hillary's ass but that's a different story I guess to the sexists on RST?

> > Gracchus is a decent poster and seems like a decent human being.
 
> decent? he's an outstanding poster. and i don't even agree with him on
> many things, but respect his opinion.
 
But you both are on the same side politically, i.e. gushing over Colonel Sanders and his pronouncements of how the rich are all evil and the cause of every problem in the world. I don't know who is more sickening at times-- Donald or Bernie!
Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com>: May 23 05:41PM -0700

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 7:59:25 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:
 
> for the most part in life i'm very polite. here, not as much, but
> still, compared to courty?
 
> bob
 
Polite? I'd be eaten alive on this ng. Screw politeness.
Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: May 23 05:52PM -0700

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 5:40:45 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:
 
> > decent? he's an outstanding poster. and i don't even agree with him on
> > many things, but respect his opinion.
 
> But you both are on the same side politically, i.e. gushing over Colonel Sanders and his pronouncements of how the rich are all evil and the cause of every problem in the world. I don't know who is more sickening at times-- Donald or Bernie!
 
Be patient. There's a chance your principles may evolve in time for Bernie 2020. ;)
Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com>: May 23 05:59PM -0700

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 8:01:09 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:
 
 
> >Why? Because he leans towards being a Socialist and you agree with his politics whereas I supported Hillary Clinton and you despise her?
> >I'm sure even Gracchus would never say he schooled me during the election season.
 
> he doesn't have to say it. :-)
 
There was no schooling. You Socialists have to stick together I guess?

> >We had very different political beliefs but even Gracchus didn't stoop so low to vote for that cretin Trump the way you did.
 
> i respect that graccus refused to hold his nose and vote. his choice,
> not a bad choice.
 
I don't have a problem with most of Trump's politics, I have a problem with his character. I can't stand his character. He truly disgusts me. I didn't have a similar problem with Reagan for example or even Bush(any Bush.)
 

> >https://twitter.com/haaretzcom/status/866661844999712769
> >She's counting the seconds for him to kick the bucket.
 
> lmao. you're one jealous lil lady!
 
I assure you I'm nothing of the sort. She is miserable in that marriage and she never bargained for this First Lady position. She was happy to live somewhat independently away from the 24/7 spotlight and wait for her maggot of a husband Donald to expire. She would have probably left him if he didn't become Pres. It's harder to do now. She'll have to wait until his term is over or he's impeached! Hopefully she has something going on on the side with somebody who doesn't demean her constantly. But if you are a gold digger, there's a price you have to pay.
 
I truly can't think of a worse man to hook up with than Donald Trump. Maybe Hitler? The sad thing is she probably won't even end up with much as I'm sure Donald made her sign her life away as he did with Marla. His kids will get most of it.
 
That's why, ladies out there if you are reading this, please make sure you get an education if you can and become something on your own!
*skriptis <skriptis@post.t-com.hr>: May 24 02:38AM +0200

>> Tier 2: Stimpy, Agassi, Lendl, Rosewall, Gonzales
>> Tier 3: Connors, Mac, Becker, Edberg, Wilander, Emmo
 
> What about Tilden, Budge, Perry? Seems reasonable. I would push Stimpy to Tier 3.
 
 
I would push you off the cliff.
--
*skriptis <skriptis@post.t-com.hr>: May 24 02:51AM +0200


>>We had very different political beliefs but even Gracchus didn't stoop so low to vote for that cretin Trump the way you did.
 
> i respect that graccus refused to hold his nose and vote. his choice,
> not a bad choice.
 
 
I do not believe he did that however. He enjoyed and enjoys demise
of Clinton as well as seeing Trump smashing entire establishment
in a non politically correct way, way too much not to participate
in it.
 
And even though I'm sure he's genuine in his criticism and dislike
of Trump, he's smart enough to know that all the threats liberals
were making about Trump were flawed and empty ones so no reason
for intelligent person to fear dictatorship, crackdown on women
and other nonsense. When you remove those irrational fears, and
you dislike Clinton's specific brand...it's obvious.

 
I'm pretty sure he denies he did it because he didn't want to lose
respect of some of the non vocal posters around here, who might
be offended by Trump, say Mexicans, immigrants, etc. I understand
that.
 
 
 
 
 
>>https://twitter.com/haaretzcom/status/866661844999712769
>>She's counting the seconds for him to kick the bucket.
 
> lmao. you're one jealous lil lady!
 
 
People still fall for Trump's trolling of mainstream media?
 
lol
 
 
 
--
Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com>: May 23 06:01PM -0700

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 8:52:14 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:

> Be patient. There's a chance your principles may evolve in time for Bernie 2020. ;)
 
Bernie will be in a rocker with drool streaming down his mouth and still tweeting about how the rich screw everybody over! :)
Gracchus <gracchado@gmail.com>: May 23 06:40PM -0700

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 6:01:55 PM UTC-7, Court_1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 8:52:14 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:
 
> > Be patient. There's a chance your principles may evolve in time for Bernie 2020. ;)
 
> Bernie will be in a rocker with drool streaming down his mouth and still tweeting about how the rich screw everybody over! :)
 
Indeed, and he'll still be right! That's the great thing about having pure and consistent principles.
Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com>: May 23 07:06PM -0700

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 9:40:24 PM UTC-4, Gracchus wrote:
 
> > > Be patient. There's a chance your principles may evolve in time for Bernie 2020. ;)
 
> > Bernie will be in a rocker with drool streaming down his mouth and still tweeting about how the rich screw everybody over! :)
 
> Indeed, and he'll still be right! That's the great thing about having pure and consistent principles.
 
He's right that all rich people are scum and are the source of all the problems in the world?
 
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSbDOUjUwAARlkm.jpg
 
https://mikemstahl.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/abs2.jpg
 
http://hip.politifake.org/image/political/1509/senile-socialist-under-plan-youll-get-weeks-vacation-year-af-politics-1442971101.jpg
 
Sanders is a nutjob. I'll take Trump's politics over the politics of Sanders any day. In terms of character, I'd pick Sanders over Trump but I wouldn't want Sanders anywhere near the controls of US power.
 
In any case, we've been over all this ad nauseam. I know where you stand and you know where I stand on this issue. I don't want to argue about this stuff any more. We will never agree. Back to tennis and movies.
bob <bob@nospam.net>: May 23 08:04PM -0400

>> 0.537 Hard
>> Better surface CLAY, probability 98%
 
>And then Thiem beats Nadal at Rome...
 
i tried to warn you last week, but damn you don't listen son.
 
>> 0.608 Clay
>> 0.608 Hard
>> Better surface CLAY, probability 50%
 
bob
Court_1 <olympia0000@yahoo.com>: May 23 06:08PM -0700

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 8:04:09 PM UTC-4, bob wrote:
 
> >And then Thiem beats Nadal at Rome...
 
> i tried to warn you last week, but damn you don't listen son.
 
Listen to what? Nadal losing to Thiem at a clay warm-up when he had already thrashed Thiem in straights at the two prior clay warm-ups? Thiem isn't going to beat Nadal at the FO! He probably won't make it to Nadal.
bob <bob@nospam.net>: May 23 08:13PM -0400

On Tue, 23 May 2017 11:35:56 +0300, Pelle Svanslös <pelle@svans.los>
wrote:
 
>> with GDP, and not be a cut VS GDP.
 
>Your calculations are an insult to your engineering school. Please
>apologise to them too.
 
it's all how you want to look at it and describe it. i described it as
related to GDP in the original post, quoted it as such, and it's you
who wanted to go off on how it was irrelevant. well, it's not.
 
>Rule #2: You can *not* freely add/substract/compare percentages unless
>they have the same base.
>That's 3rd grade knowledge.
 
i agree, but in comparison of numbers, you can compare them ANY way
you wish as long as you describe it as such.
 
>The correct way to calculate the changes in NIH/GDP is to calculate the
>values A = NIH(2009)/GDP(2009) and B = NIH(2016)/GDP(2016). Then
>calculate the (relative) difference (A-B)/A.
 
that's 1 way to calculate it. and it's STILL a cut. something kimmel
didn't mention. which was my point.
 
bob
bob <bob@nospam.net>: May 23 08:15PM -0400

On Tue, 23 May 2017 10:27:15 -0700 (PDT), soccerfan777
>> > calculate the (relative) difference (A-B)/A.
 
>> Booby is one dumb sob!!!
 
>Yes. He is surely nothing more than a high school dropout janitor.
 
sometimes i wish i was, life would be so much easier.
 
> Anyone knows you cannot add percentages across different sets of data.
 
you can certainly add any numbers you wish, any %s you wish, and most
certainly multiply or divide them. as long as you describe it as such.
 
bob
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.tennis+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment