Digest for rec.sport.golf@googlegroups.com - 25 updates in 7 topics

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>: May 31 06:30PM -0700

One of our wingnuts has expressed is trust for CBS News (well... ...he
left himself an out: he said he trust the CBS News APP), so...
 
<http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-house-intelligence-committee-issues-seven-subpoenas/>
Dene <gdstrue@aol.com>: May 31 04:19PM -0700

On 05/31/2017 03:27 PM, Dene wrote:
>> surprised. I'm also pretty sure that you didn't finish the article
>> for obvious reasons.
 
> Obviously Fox News has evolved.
 
Sean Hannity is still has a primetime show. So not so much.
 
When it comes to extremism, Hannity is milk toast compared to Rachel.
Dene <gdstrue@aol.com>: May 31 04:25PM -0700

On Wed, 31 May 2017 14:02:14 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gds...@aol.com>
wrote:
 
>Point one area in which they've evolved to the better.
 
>Show me where they haven't.
 
LOL. Exactly the same answer that Alan uses, and .you have nothing but
disdain for him. I'll give you the reposte that always follows; You
brought it up so show where they have.
 
Here is what I know. When I want straight news, I watch Shepherd Smith or read the CBS news app. If I want balanced, entertaining commentary, I watched the Five.
 
There is nothing like this I've seen on CNN or MSNBC. If I'm wrong, enlighten me.
 
Could care less about the OP link written by a former disgruntled employee of a dead guy. I read it and gave it due consideration. I trust my own experience and judgment above all else....especially in this room.
Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>: May 31 04:27PM -0700

On 2017-05-31 4:25 PM, Dene wrote:
 
> Here is what I know. When I want straight news, I watch Shepherd Smith or read the CBS news app. If I want balanced, entertaining commentary, I watched the Five.
 
> There is nothing like this I've seen on CNN or MSNBC. If I'm wrong, enlighten me.
 
> Could care less about the OP link written by a former disgruntled employee of a dead guy. I read it and gave it due consideration. I trust my own experience and judgment above all else....especially in this room.
 
So tell us upon which issues surrounding Trump, CBS has differed
significantly from CNN or MSNBC, Greg...
Dene <gdstrue@aol.com>: May 31 04:28PM -0700

On Wed, 31 May 2017 15:55:55 -0700, Alan Baker <alang...@telus.net>
wrote:
- show quoted text -
Nor I, but I know for sure that this conversation happens quite often,
I just don't remember which side you've been on.
 
You're trying to reason with a RAT, BK.
Good luck with that.
BK@Onramp.net: May 31 06:29PM -0500

On Wed, 31 May 2017 16:02:20 -0700, Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>
wrote:
 
>> I just don't remember which side you've been on.
 
>I don't think anyone here can find a single instance of me making a
>claim and then insisting the other person prove it's not true.
 
As I said I'm not sure but there have been times that you've pointed
out that someone had made a statement that they needed to prove, or
said that you weren't obliged to prove their statement for them.
BK@Onramp.net: May 31 06:31PM -0500

On Wed, 31 May 2017 16:19:07 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gdstrue@aol.com>
wrote:
 
 
>> Obviously Fox News has evolved.
 
>Sean Hannity is still has a primetime show. So not so much.
 
>When it comes to extremism, Hannity is milk toast compared to Rachel.
 
That has nothing to do with the OP. Goalpost move.
Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>: May 31 04:34PM -0700

On 2017-05-31 4:28 PM, Dene wrote:
> I just don't remember which side you've been on.
 
> You're trying to reason with a RAT, BK.
> Good luck with that.
 
And you're trying to have it both ways:
 
Claim you've killfiled me, but then still turn around and try to insult me.
 
Class, Greg: you're all class.
Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>: May 31 04:35PM -0700


> As I said I'm not sure but there have been times that you've pointed
> out that someone had made a statement that they needed to prove, or
> said that you weren't obliged to prove their statement for them.
 
I've certainly done both of those...
BK@Onramp.net: May 31 06:38PM -0500

On Wed, 31 May 2017 16:25:42 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gdstrue@aol.com>
wrote:
 
>brought it up so show where they have.
 
>Here is what I know. When I want straight news, I watch Shepherd Smith or read the CBS news app. If I want balanced, entertaining commentary, I watched the Five.
 
>There is nothing like this I've seen on CNN or MSNBC. If I'm wrong, enlighten me.
 
That isn't the thrust of this thread.
 
 
>Could care less about the OP link written by a former disgruntled employee of a dead guy.
> I read it and gave it due consideration. I trust my own experience and judgment above all else....especially in this room.
 
That's pretty bold. There are those in this room that have more
experience and judgment than the rest of us in many areas.l
BK@Onramp.net: May 31 06:40PM -0500

On Wed, 31 May 2017 16:28:32 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gdstrue@aol.com>
wrote:
 
>I just don't remember which side you've been on.
 
>You're trying to reason with a RAT, BK.
>Good luck with that.
 
My hope was to be able to reason with you on this Greg.
Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>: May 31 04:41PM -0700


>> You're trying to reason with a RAT, BK.
>> Good luck with that.
 
> My hope was to be able to reason with you on this Greg.
 
I think you've seen how well that's working...
 
:-)
Dene <gdstrue@aol.com>: May 31 05:06PM -0700


> >Sean Hannity is still has a primetime show. So not so much.
 
> >When it comes to extremism, Hannity is milk toast compared to Rachel.
 
> That has nothing to do with the OP. Goalpost move.
 
Since when, in this room, does a thread not wander?
Dene <gdstrue@aol.com>: May 31 05:07PM -0700

> > I read it and gave it due consideration. I trust my own experience and judgment above all else....especially in this room.
 
> That's pretty bold. There are those in this room that have more
> experience and judgment than the rest of us in many areas.l
 
Then answer my question....where am I wrong with my experience and judgment?
 
-Greg
Dene <gdstrue@aol.com>: May 31 05:07PM -0700


> >You're trying to reason with a RAT, BK.
> >Good luck with that.
 
> My hope was to be able to reason with you on this Greg.
 
I'm listening.
Conversion is a different story.
BK@Onramp.net: May 31 07:58PM -0500

On Wed, 31 May 2017 17:07:01 -0700 (PDT), Dene <gdstrue@aol.com>
wrote:
 
>> experience and judgment than the rest of us in many areas.l
 
>Then answer my question....where am I wrong with my experience and judgment?
 
>-Greg
 
Here.
"I trust my own experience and judgment above all else".
IMO that's too broad in any venue.
BK@Onramp.net: May 31 08:00PM -0500

On Wed, 31 May 2017 19:29:41 -0500 (CDT), Moderate
 
>> That's pretty bold. There are those in this room that have more
>> experience and judgment than the rest of us in many areas.l
 
>Thank you BK.
 
I don't know a thing about elevator buttons. That would be it in your
case.
-hh <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com>: May 31 06:09PM -0700

On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 5:34:47 PM UTC-4, Alan Baker wrote:
 
> > Read the entire thread, blathering idiot. BK was the one who made the claims.
 
> With which you tacitly agreed, Greg, but to which you countered that
> "they've evolved".
 
And here's the cite where Greg made that claim:
 
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.sport.golf/8EA9-6jfTFg/f97onCnOCAAJ>
 
Oh, and while we're at it, here's Greg's unsubstantiated claim on CNN:
 
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.sport.golf/8EA9-6jfTFg/ND1d5aLTCAAJ>
 
Kindly now support both, Greg.
 
Oh, and while you're at it, a personal apology to me for your error would also be appreciated.
 
 
-hh
-hh <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com>: May 31 06:13PM -0700


> Here.
> "I trust my own experience and judgment above all else".
> IMO that's too broad in any venue.
 
Particualrly when one knows that someone else has even MORE
experience and judgement acumen than one's self.
 
To spurn the opportunity to leverage a clearly superior information/
resource base is simply foolish.
 
 
-hh
Nomen Nescio <nobody@dizum.com>: Jun 01 02:58AM +0200

Love it.
 
May I add balding asshole.
 
May I add college dropout.
 
May I add no wife, no kids, nothing. Who would want this disgusting animal.
Moderate <nospam@noemail.com>: May 31 07:26PM -0500

> can guarantee that the kind of scripting and "hit man" situations
> don't exist there. Fox has a projected raison d'etre laid out by
> Ailes and it stinks.
 
You have never watched CNN obviously.
--
Moderate <nospam@noemail.com>: May 31 07:29PM -0500

> On Wed, 31 May 2017 16:25:42 -0700 .
 
> That's pretty bold. There are those in this room that have more
> experience and judgment than the rest of us in many areas.l
 
Thank you BK.
 
--
Alan Baker <alangbaker@telus.net>: May 31 11:52AM -0700

On 2017-05-31 10:46 AM, Dene wrote:
> Why won't you? YOU'RE the one making the claim: now BACK IT UP!! Of course you CAN'T!!!
 
> You're new here so allow me to give you one piece of advice. You are wasting your time trying to engage Baker in an honest discussion. He only cares about perpetuating the argument into infinity. He's a classic troll. I refer to him as the RAT...resident asshole troll.
 
> Free country. You are welcome to waste your time with the RAT all you want. Most in here have him on full ignore.
 
His initial statement implies he doesn't believe it himself, Greg.
 
So what is the point in arguing that something he already believes is false?
BK@Onramp.net: May 31 10:38AM -0500

On Wed, 31 May 2017 05:32:47 -0500 (CDT), Moderate
 
>>>It was a big nothing.
 
>> You're a big nothing!
 
>The liar lies.
 
We know, but you just can't help yourself. Pity.
Carbon <nobrac@nospam.tampabay.rr.com>: May 31 05:46AM -0400

On 05/30/2017 10:19 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
 
> it, Elizabeth. He just knows Republicans are stupid and they'll buy it."
 
> <https://heisenbergreport.com/2017/05/29/doug-called-elizabeth-spiers-a-loser-and-then-it-all-went-wrong-for-doug/>
 
> <https://twitter.com/espiers/status/868893815490445312/photo/1

Trump is clearly an idiot but like any good grifter he has a good sense for what the suckers want to hear.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.golf+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment