Digest for rec.sport.football.college@googlegroups.com - 25 updates in 5 topics

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Eric Ramon <ramon.eric@gmail.com>: May 29 12:44PM -0700

On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 4:22:23 AM UTC-7, J. Hugh Sullivan wrote:
 
> But, apparently unlike you, he has never lied about serving in combat
> in the REAL MILITARY.
 
just curious, Hugh. Did you see combat in Korea? We know you just missed out in WWII as it ended while you were en route.
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): May 29 09:11PM

On Mon, 29 May 2017 12:44:26 -0700 (PDT), Eric Ramon
 
>> But, apparently unlike you, he has never lied about serving in combat
>> in the REAL MILITARY.
 
>just curious, Hugh. Did you see combat in Korea? We know you just missed out in WWII as it ended while you were en route.
 
Unlike wolfie I don't lie. I never was in combat. I have stated that
numerous times before on rsfc. I think a couple of other people in
the military might not have been either.
 
I was headed overseas in 1945 when the bombs were dropped. I got to
Japan on the USS Lexington CV-16 in the first week of October, age 17
and a high school grad.
 
I was never called up for Korea or Nam although I volunteered. I
suspect my lack of AcDu as an officer prevented a call up, but not
promotions based on my annual reviews.
 
So, what's your point?
 
Hugh
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: May 30 01:02AM -0400


> This country was in economic shambles after six years of consolidated GOP let the #$!#ing rich folks have their every earnest desire rule, the dems took over, did the shitty and heavy lifting, and pulled us out of the tailspin.
 
> And what does he get from the right for his trouble? "Where's your longform birth certificate, ya kenyan?"
 
> Cheers.
 
Add Bill Clinton to the list, too.
Some dued <theodoreward@gmail.com>: May 29 10:13PM -0700

Clinton? 8 years of peace and prosperity. You guys were all about bringing morals back to the white house since that was all you had to bitch about. Doesn't seem so important now though huh?
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: May 30 03:16AM -0400

On 5/30/2017 1:13 AM, Some dued wrote:
> Clinton? 8 years of peace and prosperity. You guys were all about bringing morals back to the white house since that was all you had to bitch about. Doesn't seem so important now though huh?
 
What are you babbling about?
Some dued <theodoreward@gmail.com>: May 30 02:41AM -0700

I was babbling about your idiocy.
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): May 30 10:50AM

On Mon, 29 May 2017 22:13:00 -0700 (PDT), Some dued
 
>Clinton? 8 years of peace and prosperity. You guys were all about bringing morals back to the white house since that was all you had to bitch about. Doesn't seem so important now though huh?
 
I think many (most?) people are willing to overlook the absence of
morals in the Clinton family (Bill) because he was fiscally
responsible. I can tolerate his immoral behavior because of some
results, unlike Obama, that benefitted this country.
 
But, give Obama credit. He is the first president to cause people of
this country to kill each other not involving geography - and he got a
Nobel Prize for that.
 
Now that's progressive - but not progress.
 
Hugh
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: May 29 07:41AM -0700

There's something to be said for old school tech guys who thought system uptime and hardness were the first priority.
 
What a mess.
 
I had a 5pm from BOS to JFK last Thu and ended up finding my way to DC, then getting standby to several flights before I got the last NC bound regional out of there around midnight. I flew to GSO and drove the 1.5 hours home. They were cancelling flights all over the east coast because of weather.
 
A colleague rented a car and drove, he got home at 4AM.
 
Air travel is a mess. But self-inflicted wounds are worse.
xyzzy <xyzzy.dude@gmail.com>: May 29 08:04AM -0700

Last week my SWA flight RDU to Orlando diverted to Tampa because of storms. Understandable but we were delayed 40 minutes leaving Tampa because the computers couldn't do the weight and balance so they had to do it by hand. I heard the captain arguing with dispatch in the gate lounge, it was entertaining and enlightening.
 
Then for my flight home I couldn't get an online boarding pass, their website and app threw API errors. Got to the airport and all the self service kiosks were down. As a result the line at the Southwest check in counters was out the door. And my flight was boarding in 30 minutes.
 
I paid a skycap $10 to check me in and print a boarding pass, no waiting. But lots of people missed a bunch of flights because of this.
 
But then when I googled and searched twitter for Southwest computer problems I found nothing, only news about their meltdown last year. Somehow Southwest got a pass on their computer meltdown this past week. Maybe people love them too much. I admit I'm guilty of that.
GrtArtiste <nineorbs@yahoo.com>: May 29 12:44PM -0400

> There's something to be said for old school tech guys who thought system uptime and hardness were the first priority.
 
> What a mess.
 
I haven't been on a plane since 1996 and there is very little that would
make me want to fly anywhere.
 
GrtArtiste
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: May 29 11:02AM -0700

I flew southwest a lot when they first hit RDU. really like their service and their 12 flights get 1 free deal. They just don't go where I need to go, and with status, I get better opportunity
 
my colleagues parents sat on a SWA flight in Tampa while the authorities came on board and did a seat by seat search for some guy. They were terrified for he entire flight to Pittsburgh that he'd left a bomb on board.
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: May 29 11:03AM -0700

I talked to someone at church Sunday who hasn't flown since 95 or 96.
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: May 29 11:49AM -0700

In article <oghj0n$dmn$1@dont-email.me>,
 
> > What a mess.
 
> I haven't been on a plane since 1996 and there is very little that would
> make me want to fly anywhere.
 
Likewise. 1998.
 
--
Michael Press
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: May 30 01:07AM -0400

On 5/29/2017 11:04 AM, xyzzy wrote:
 
> Then for my flight home I couldn't get an online boarding pass, their website and app threw API errors. Got to the airport and all the self service kiosks were down. As a result the line at the Southwest check in counters was out the door. And my flight was boarding in 30 minutes.
 
> I paid a skycap $10 to check me in and print a boarding pass, no waiting. But lots of people missed a bunch of flights because of this.
 
> But then when I googled and searched twitter for Southwest computer problems I found nothing, only news about their meltdown last year. Somehow Southwest got a pass on their computer meltdown this past week. Maybe people love them too much. I admit I'm guilty of that.
 
I like not flying.
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): May 29 10:58AM

On Sun, 28 May 2017 17:26:57 -0700 (PDT), darkstar7646@gmail.com
wrote:
 
 
>I think it's time for me to check my temperature and up the Vitamin C again...
 
>Because we're agreeing again.
 
>Mike
 
Congratulations on another upward IQ spike.
 
Hugh
 
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Eagle@bellsouth.net (J. Hugh Sullivan): May 29 11:03AM

On Sun, 28 May 2017 17:30:48 -0700 (PDT), Eric Ramon
 
>A Sanders supporter, a Trump supporter, a Nazi... All of that. One sick dude.
 
What in the ever-lovin' blue-eyed world does the guy's political bias
have to do with the matter.
 
He is a low-life piece of crap (black or white, American or liberal).
Libs have spawned that type of character for decades by looking the
other way if that's what he wants to do because he has the right, no
matter how he spins it.
 
Huh! Maybe it is political.
 
Hugh
 
---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj4life@gmail.com>: May 29 05:54AM -0700

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 7:30:52 PM UTC-5, Eric Ramon wrote:
> A Sanders supporter, a Trump supporter, a Nazi... All of that. One sick dude.
 
Sounds like a very complicated person - seems like not much of a trump fan tho judging by some of his stuff
 
think we can all safely say he was fucking crazy
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj4life@gmail.com>: May 29 05:56AM -0700

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 at 11:12:31 PM UTC-5, Eric Ramon wrote:
 
> Here's a crazy one...
 
> "f Donald Trump is the Next Hitler then I am joining his SS to put an end to Monotheist Question. All Zionist Jews, All Christians who do not follow Christ's teaching of Love, Charity, and Forgiveness And All Jihadi Muslims are going to Madagascar or the Ovens/FEMA Camps!!! Does this make me a fascist!!! "
 
> But you're right, he didn't vote for Trump. He hates Hillary. He likes Bernie. He hates "libtards". Yow.
 
Seemed to be at some sort of weird intersection of far right/far left?
Some dued <theodoreward@gmail.com>: May 29 08:46AM -0700

Maybe he's just XXXTreme!!
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: May 29 09:23PM -0700

In article <61ac8095-2b65-49dc-a400-688455ce1071@googlegroups.com>,
 
> Here's a crazy one...
 
> "f Donald Trump is the Next Hitler then I am joining his SS to put an end to Monotheist Question. All Zionist Jews, All Christians who do not follow Christ's teaching of Love, Charity, and Forgiveness And All Jihadi Muslims are going to Madagascar or the Ovens/FEMA Camps!!! Does this make me a fascist!!! "
 
> But you're right, he didn't vote for Trump. He hates Hillary. He likes Bernie. He hates "libtards". Yow.
 
Yow!
 
--
Michael Press
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: May 30 12:36AM -0400

On 5/29/2017 8:56 AM, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
 
>> "f Donald Trump is the Next Hitler then I am joining his SS to put an end to Monotheist Question. All Zionist Jews, All Christians who do not follow Christ's teaching of Love, Charity, and Forgiveness And All Jihadi Muslims are going to Madagascar or the Ovens/FEMA Camps!!! Does this make me a fascist!!!"
 
>> But you're right, he didn't vote for Trump. He hates Hillary. He likes Bernie. He hates "libtards". Yow.
 
> Seemed to be at some sort of weird intersection of far right/far left?
 
I've felt for decades that the political spectrum is more circular than
linear.
Michael Press <rubrum@pacbell.net>: May 29 09:16PM -0700

In article <68e5a7c0-f5d2-4fe9-88b6-fee0fca1d672@googlegroups.com>,
 
> > Not a blind link. Not criticism. Said "Please."
 
> Altie's link: https://is.gd/9ZM2ow
 
> Your link: http://tinyurl.com/ybdwkrvp
 
Sometimes I post blind links, with little or no indication of the contents.
Try <http://preview.tinyurl.com/ybdwkrvp>.
I promise it is safe.
 
> From http://itlaw.wikia.com/wiki/Blind_link :
 
> Definition:
> A blind link is a link to another website that does not clearly indicate where the link goes.
 
By that definition it is blind.
For me a blind link is one where the author of the posting
does say what is _in_ the object of the link. By that
standard CAD was perfectly clear. My problem is that my
browser cannot open is.gd pages and that is why I asked
for the full link.
 
 
--
Michael Press
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: May 30 12:34AM -0400

On 5/30/2017 12:16 AM, Michael Press wrote:
> browser cannot open is.gd pages and that is why I asked
> for the full link.
 
>> I can't tell that Altie's link goes to the Washington Post without clicking on it. I can't tell that your link goes to Breitbart without clicking on it. Those are blind links.
 
Nice. Glad I'm not blind.
Tonawanda Kardex <tonawandakardex@gmail.com>: May 29 02:58PM -0700

On Tuesday, August 22, 2006 at 1:23:52 PM UTC-7, Tonawanda Kardex wrote:
> perspective, reality and objectivity, and grasp the truth: Tiger is a
> pretender to Jack's throne, like Pete Sampras is a pretender to the
> tennis throne, etc.
 
NAILED IT.
 
Jack still the GOAT, and Sampras' record went down, too.
 
WIN.
Some dued <theodoreward@gmail.com>: May 29 08:14PM -0700

Wow, that's some cold served "I told you so".
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.football.college+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment