Digest for alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins@googlegroups.com - 7 updates in 2 topics

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

euphemism <euphemism@mindspring.com>: May 23 05:37PM -0500

I don't claim to know.
 
Every new year, prior to the season, some veteran player speaks of how
he 9and others) are tired of coming up short. Tired of the poor
performances.
 
The prize this year goes to Ndamukong Suh, wh spoke with the press and
expressed his frustration. Per the Herald:
 
"I'm definitely sick and tired of making it to the playoffs and not
going further," Suh said. "I think everybody feels that way. ... It
feels like guys weren't satisfied with where we were at. It's exciting,
from my vantage point, to see hunger still. That was not OK the way we
finished, especially the last two games of our season."
 
Those last two games were brutal for the Dolphins' defense. Miami
allowed 65 points, 763 yards, 41 first downs and 4.7 yards per rushing
attempt in losses to the Patriots and Steelers.
 
The no-show by the Dolphins' run defense was typical in 2016; Miami
ranked 30th in rushing yards allowed (140.4 per game) and tied for last
in defensive yards-per-carry (4.8).
 
"I put a lot of it on myself," Suh said of the poor run defense. "I'm
supposed to be the anchor. I plan to be the anchor and continue to be
that way. So I think it starts with us front, without question. With the
way the defense is set up."
 
This is pretty formulaic stuff... it isn't fresh. It's canned, but I
guess it's better than Suh saying nothing at all. I would expect that
any returning veteran should be expressing similar sentiments. After
all, 2016 was just another failed season in terms of the division
championship and that big game, whatever they call it.
 
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article152166247.html
 
 
I do wish to opine that I expect less in this season in terms of wins
even though I think the team will be improved. The schedule says they
will struggle late in the season.
Stoobz <stoobz4@comcast.net>: May 23 06:50PM -0500

On 5/23/2017 5:37 PM, euphemism wrote:
 
> I do wish to opine that I expect less in this season in terms of wins
> even though I think the team will be improved. The schedule says they
> will struggle late in the season.
 
Every year I say I'm not going to get geeked up about the Dolphins and
every year I do the opposite, usually to the detriment of my sanity.
 
I am geeked up about the Dolphins.
 
No, I'm not expecting a Super Bowl or even a better record as our
schedule is once again brutal.
 
I do expect the team will play better as it appears we will have far
better depth than I can remember. Except the secondary, still not sure
about that slot or any safety not named Jones.
 
We have a house full of WR and WR insurance (in case DVP doesn't
dominate and/or Landry decides to go elsewhere).
 
We are deep at TE.
 
RB room is good to go.
 
OL may take some time to gel (nothing unusual) but I think we have the
makings of a good one finally.
 
All this is dependent on a low injury bug and RT17 becoming a force.
 
Perhaps tomorrow I come to my senses.
euphemism <euphemism@mindspring.com>: May 23 07:23PM -0500

On 5/23/2017 6:50 PM, Stoobz wrote:
> makings of a good one finally.
 
> All this is dependent on a low injury bug and RT17 becoming a force.
 
> Perhaps tomorrow I come to my senses.
 
 
I secretly hope that Tannehill puts it together this season, benefiting
from what should be an exceptional supporting cast. That new TE...
Landry playing for a potential FA berth, Parker blooming into one of the
league's best, Ajayi proving 2016 wasn't a fluke... yeah... I will
secretly hope for these things. I actually believe Gase is for real.
 
I never wrote any of that.
Drumrboy <drumrboy@aol.com>: May 22 02:29PM -0700

May 20euph...@mindspring.com
- show quoted text -
Not real snappy there Seinfeld. Try dealing with the actual question.
Let's see if Roger still has wood for Brady and wants to make an
investigation out of this little revelation. After all, this simply
flies in the face of one of the NFL's most sensitive issues... your
franchise QB, the face of the Patriots, is apparently not playing by the
rules again. Oh, there's a surprise.
 
But this isn't significant like the possible deflation of footballs...
I'm sure Roger will laugh this off.
 
Spaaaaaahky has nothing...
mr.hvac@gmail.com: May 23 03:27AM -0700

Peuph says
Not real snappy there Seinfeld. Try dealing with the actual question.
Let's see if Roger still has wood for Brady and wants to make an
investigation out of this little revelation. After all, this simply
flies in the face of one of the NFL's most sensitive issues... your
franchise QB, the face of the Patriots, is apparently not playing by the
rules again. Oh, there's a surprise.
 
But this isn't significant like the possible deflation of footballs...
I'm sure Roger will laugh this off.
------------
 
And as you dolphin fans are busy checking Brady for a concussion and chastising Godell for not suspending him again, the Patriots and their fans are getting prepared for Superbowl 52.
 
But look on the bright side... You still have your hate
IYM <noreply@whitehouse.com>: May 23 07:28AM -0400

> ------------
 
> And as you dolphin fans are busy checking Brady for a concussion and chastising Godell for not suspending him again, the Patriots and their fans are getting prepared for Superbowl 52.
 
> But look on the bright side... You still have your hate
 
Actually, the next bowl you guys are preparing for is Gay Bowl '17...
LMAO..... HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.....
 
www.outsports.com/2017/5/21/15670934/new-england-patriots-gay-bowl
 
https://sports.good.is/articles/new-england-patriots-sponsor-gay-bowl
 
https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/patriots-sponsoring-gay-bowl-17.1139836/
"euphemism@mindspring.com" <euphemism@mindspring.com>: May 23 10:18AM -0700

> ------------
 
> And as you dolphin fans are busy checking Brady for a concussion and chastising Godell for not suspending him again, the Patriots and their fans are getting prepared for Superbowl 52.
 
> But look on the bright side... You still have your hate
 
 
If my posts were about hate, I'd be over in the Patriots NG spewing. Dolphins fans are generally interested in hearing the news about the other AFCE teams, so the stories about Brady obviously are going to be posted here.
 
In all seriousness, your flippant attitude about Brady's likely concussions is sort of pathetic. We all know he's a competitive guy and will avoid the concussion protocol if allowed to do so. The reason the NFL has made it mandatory is because everybody knows that players won't self report - even if they realize they are dazed or concussed. I'm sure most veterans will confess to having played with concussions.
 
Dolphins fans are not uniform in their opinions, but I think most were upset by the recent news about Buoniconti and Kiick. I find it hard to imagine that even an ass wipe like you would dismiss the danger to Brady as unimportant in hopes that he continues to deliver wins for your team. Obviously the guy is going to be a "legend" when he retires.... it won't be a pretty picture if he's unable to speak or dress himself.
 
You go ahead and make this about the Dolphins fans. Your probably pretty much senile anyway.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment