Digest for alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins@googlegroups.com - 7 updates in 3 topics

Monday, May 15, 2017

Turin Turd <dumbfuck@dumbo.com>: May 15 09:46AM +0100

On 13/05/2017 16:06, Marxette wrote:
>> movement, and the denigration, trivialization and discrediting of the
>> leaders of the men's rights movement and men's rights organizations.
 
>> FOAD TURIN you moron
 
"&" is an infamous and anonymous internet troll. He launches
scurrilous, defamatory, trivializing and false diatribes against
Men's Rights activists and their posts and against Men's Rights
organizations. He therefore, has as his goals the disruption of
soc.men and the thwarting of the legitimate goals of the men's rights
movement, and the denigration, trivialization and discrediting of the
leaders of the men's rights movement and men's rights organizations.
 
FOAD TURIN you moron
euphemism <euphemism@mindspring.com>: May 14 07:51PM -0500

The Bills got better on Sunday. And it was at the Dolphins' expense.
 
Buffalo hired away Joe Schoen, who was Miami's director of player
personnel. Schoen, who had been with the Dolphins since 2008, will serve
as the Bills' assistant general manager under Brandon Beane. The two
worked together in Carolina a decade ago.
 
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article150469172.html
euphemism <euphemism@mindspring.com>: May 14 11:27AM -0500

On 5/14/2017 6:23 AM, J Lunis wrote:
 
>>I'm sure he has no regrets.
> Probably should have flagged that as sarcasm.
 
It's hard for me to develop any of the outrage that some feel towards
this guy. I always saw his protests as a rather impotent act. He got a
few others to join in, but the less attention people paid, the more
apparent it was that the participants were looking for a graceful way out.
 
I wonder if someone will feel the need to pick up Colin's Cause? He may
not even be on the sidelines this season. That might make him into a
sort of NFL martyr... If some team gives him a job and then he fails to
kneel... well... party over.
Stu Gotts <ishkabibble99@hotmail.com>: May 14 01:22PM -0700

> not even be on the sidelines this season. That might make him into a
> sort of NFL martyr... If some team gives him a job and then he fails to
> kneel... well... party over.
 
I have always felt his "protest" was pathetically misdirected and nothing more than a play for attention. The flag and the anthem stand for ideals and principals... for the way things are supposed to be. And you don't call for America to live up to it's promises and potential by dishonoring the symbols of those ideals.
 
IMHO... the guy is an asshole who defeats his own purpose.
euphemism <euphemism@mindspring.com>: May 14 03:42PM -0500

On 5/14/2017 3:22 PM, Stu Gotts wrote:
>> kneel... well... party over.
 
> I have always felt his "protest" was pathetically misdirected and nothing more than a play for attention. The flag and the anthem stand for ideals and principals... for the way things are supposed to be. And you don't call for America to live up to it's promises and potential by dishonoring the symbols of those ideals.
 
> IMHO... the guy is an asshole who defeats his own purpose.
 
Well, he has definitely impacted his own earning potential.
 
The most irritating part of the story is the current efforts of many
writers to make him out as a victim of an NFL "blacklist" conspiracy.
The fact that no team really wants to take on a guy of questionable
ability who is dragging significant PR baggage is not a conspiracy any
more than seeing people avoid stepping in a pile of crap on the
sidewalk. Just natural I'd say.
 
I do think that he will be signed at some point this year. Maybe before
camp, maybe not until the season is underway... Some team will find
itself feeling desperate enough to ignore his negatives. Maybe once the
teams get a look at their new QB draft picks. Maybe when a veteran goes
down with a serious injury. Bound to happen.
Stu Gotts <ishkabibble99@hotmail.com>: May 14 03:29PM -0700

> itself feeling desperate enough to ignore his negatives. Maybe once the
> teams get a look at their new QB draft picks. Maybe when a veteran goes
> down with a serious injury. Bound to happen.
 
This is a PR disaster of the NFL's own making. Right from the get go they should have made clear... you STAND for the anthem. That goes for everyone that gets paid... both directly or indirectly... by the NFL.
 
You don't have to sing or recite the Pledge... but you sure as fuck need to stand and be quiet. And that goes for any anthem that gets played... even when the game is located non-USA.
 
I think you're correct... he'll likely be hired at some point. I even think that in the right scheme... and with the proper supporting cast... he could wind-up being fairly successful.
euphemism <euphemism@mindspring.com>: May 14 07:44PM -0500

On 5/14/2017 5:29 PM, Stu Gotts wrote:
 
> This is a PR disaster of the NFL's own making. Right from the get go they should have made clear... you STAND for the anthem. That goes for everyone that gets paid... both directly or indirectly... by the NFL.
 
> You don't have to sing or recite the Pledge... but you sure as fuck need to stand and be quiet. And that goes for any anthem that gets played... even when the game is located non-USA.
 
> I think you're correct... he'll likely be hired at some point. I even think that in the right scheme... and with the proper supporting cast... he could wind-up being fairly successful.
 
I agree from the NFL POV. These are same guys who fine the players many
thousands of dollars for inappropriate end zone celebrations. That
said, I think that as long as it was isolated to a handful of players,
then they were smarter to not take on a freedom of speech issue.
 
I also think that they were going to walk on eggshells with regard to
the Black Lives Matter protests. The majority of their players are
black... no sense starting up a major confrontation unless there was no
other choice. Seems to me they decided to let it blow over and now it
probably has... and Colin's free agency results paint a real clear
picture for the guys who all hope to get that big payday.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to alt.sports.football.pro.miami-dolphins+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment