Digest for alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants@googlegroups.com - 16 updates in 6 topics

Thursday, May 25, 2017

ariess@bellsouth.net: May 24 08:37PM -0700

Panik with a full count man on second 2 outs, giants already with 2 runs in, is called out on strikes on a pitch that was no way, no how, no where a strike. Panik did the right thing and took ball 4. It was not even one of those close ones that you say, well its close he should have at least fouled it off. It was a ball. Should have been first and second 2 outs, and then we would see if Belt would come through or not. Can't say the giants would have won, but certainly the giants would have still had a reasonable chance to tie up the game or more.
John Walsh <jwalsh589@gmail.com>: May 24 11:33PM -1000

>been first and second 2 outs, and then we would see if Belt would come through
>or not. Can't say the giants would have won, but certainly the giants would have
>still had a reasonable chance to tie up the game or more.
 
2 home runs for Moore? Is that what caused Okert to throw a fat pitch
for a triple? They should have won the game were it not for the
pitchers putting them in a hole. Okert's pitch killed them.
John Walsh <jwalsh589@gmail.com>: May 24 03:12PM -1000

The Giants get him two leads and he gives up two leads. Apparently he
thinks he can thrown fat pitches down the middle and get away with it
against the Cubs. Rizzo really appreciates Moore's approach to the
tune of two straight home runs off him.
 
Giants 2 Cubs 2 (for how long, Moore?)
 
Those weren't the only pitches that got tagged well. Until Rizzo's
last home run, the wind kept at least two big hits in the park.
John Walsh <jwalsh589@gmail.com>: May 24 03:51PM -1000

On Wed, 24 May 2017 15:12:12 -1000, John Walsh <jwalsh589@gmail.com>
wrote:
 
 
>Giants 2 Cubs 2 (for how long, Moore?)
 
>Those weren't the only pitches that got tagged well. Until Rizzo's
>last home run, the wind kept at least two big hits in the park.
 
Didn't take a long time to lose the lead. Baez sacrifices to center
and Russell scores.
 
Giants 2 Cubs 3
John Walsh <jwalsh589@gmail.com>: May 24 03:54PM -1000

On Wed, 24 May 2017 15:51:12 -1000, John Walsh <jwalsh589@gmail.com>
wrote:
 
 
>Didn't take a long time to lose the lead. Baez sacrifices to center
>and Russell scores.
 
>Giants 2 Cubs 3
 
A walk, a single and a bizarre series of plays saves the Giants from
falling further behind. Moore fielded a grounder and threw to 1st,
hitting the runner. Runs scores, but wait a minute, the runner was
out of the box on the baseline and was called out.
 
Moore made it through the 6th inning, but he's 83 pitches after a long
6th inning. Kontos warming up.
John Walsh <jwalsh589@gmail.com>: May 24 04:13PM -1000

On Wed, 24 May 2017 15:54:02 -1000, John Walsh <jwalsh589@gmail.com>
wrote:
 
>out of the box on the baseline and was called out.
 
>Moore made it through the 6th inning, but he's 83 pitches after a long
>6th inning. Kontos warming up.
 
Bochy left Moore in and Moore promptly gives up a double to Montero,
then pinch hitter, Contreras walks. Kontos finally comes in with both
runners on the books for Moore.
 
Aw yes, it just gets better for the Cubs on a bad throw by Kontos.
Instead of the throw to 2nd, he goes to 3rd and the run scores.
 

Giants 2 Cubs 4
John Walsh <jwalsh589@gmail.com>: May 24 04:35PM -1000

On Wed, 24 May 2017 16:13:53 -1000, John Walsh <jwalsh589@gmail.com>
wrote:
 
 
>Aw yes, it just gets better for the Cubs on a bad throw by Kontos.
>Instead of the throw to 2nd, he goes to 3rd and the run scores.
 
>Giants 2 Cubs 4
 
All up to Belt, he walks, Span to 2nd and Buster up to bat. Buster
walks and that brings up Crawford with the bases loaded. Is it too
much to hope for at least a double? Too much to ask for sure, he
grounds out.
 
Giants 2 Cubs 4
Awesome Giants <Giants@sf.giants>: May 25 07:04AM

> Apparently he thinks he can thrown fat pitches down the middle and
> get away with it against the Cubs. Rizzo really appreciates
> Moore's approach to the tune of two straight home runs off him.
 
Wow, Mr. Bias is at it again. LOL.
 
This was his post from Sunday, a much more friendly one, when Cain got
killed for 7 runs in 5 innings:
 
"4 earned runs in 4 innings, all 4 in the 2nd inning, but his pitch
count it up and he's walked 3 as well. Run support may come later.
 
Giants 1 Cards 4
 
Okay, 5th inning there's the home run making it ...
 
Giants 1 Cards 6
 
That should be his last inning"
 
 
Very different tone, huh? LOL.
ariess@bellsouth.net: May 24 10:15PM -0700

Let us see what Leake does for the rest of the season. He was ours for the taking.
Awesome Giants <Giants@sf.giants>: May 25 07:03AM


> Let us see what Leake does for the rest of the season. He was
> ours for the taking.
 
You mean the Mike Leake who went 2-5 for the Giants and 9-12 last year?
LOL.
John Walsh <jwalsh589@gmail.com>: May 24 03:14PM -1000

On Wed, 24 May 2017 06:22:58 -0700 (PDT), "benf802961@aol.com"
 
>Its better for the Giants for Cain to miss the Cubs series. Automatic loss.
 
So what do you think about Cueto and Moore so far? Blaming Cain is
fine, he deserves it when he doesn't pitch well, but I'm wondering how
three home runs off Cueto doesn't get mentioned? Moore's only given
up two today ... so far.
Awesome Giants <Giants@sf.giants>: May 25 07:02AM


> Its better for the Giants for Cain to miss the Cubs series.
> Automatic loss.
 
Yeah exactly. Having Cain pitch at home is beneficial to the Giants.
I'm just saying it's uncanny how he keeps pulling it off, pitching in
more favorable environments than his teammates; I'm not objecting to
it. The better Cain does, the better for us. :-)
 
His teammates, meanwhile, are not doing so well against the world
champs, except Blach.
John Walsh <jwalsh589@gmail.com>: May 24 03:15PM -1000

On Wed, 24 May 2017 06:28:03 -0700 (PDT), "benf802961@aol.com"
 
>They should shut him down for one start. His blister is making him a batting practice pitcher.
 
Funny, they used to toughen them up with brine. Not anymore? They
shouldn't have let him pitch yesterday.
ariess@bellsouth.net: May 24 08:38PM -0700

On Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 8:50:18 PM UTC-4, JohnW wrote:
 
> With a double threat like .163 Hernandez in the lineup and Span out
> with a thumb boo-boo, this doesn't look good for the Giants.
 
> Giants 0 Cubs 2
 
not having Pagan make a difference. Hate to admit it, but it does.
Awesome Giants <Giants@sf.giants>: May 25 06:53AM


> not having Pagan make a difference. Hate to admit it, but it does.
 
 
Well, this is near the end of May, right around the time Pagan would
get injured every year.
 
His stats also start going down around May.
Awesome Giants <Giants@sf.giants>: May 25 06:50AM

Arroyo is now batting .196, and still 0 for Chicago.
 
In fact, he's 0 for his last 15, with 6 strikeouts. That's an alarming
K rate.
 
He didn't do well with RISP or in the clutch either.
 
2nd inning:
Crawford doubled
Nunez singled. Crawford to third.
Arroyo grounded out.
 
9th inning:
Nunez singled
Arroyo struck out
Williamson homered
 
Giants lost by 1.
 
But at least he's batting 7th today, which I think is where he belongs
until he improves.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment