Digest for rec.sport.football.college@googlegroups.com - 21 updates in 7 topics

Monday, March 27, 2017

dotslashderek@gmail.com: Mar 27 05:07PM -0700

You're bad for America, man.
 
You attract people who have determined ideology is more important than facts.
 
See altie. See hugh. See con. See shitte. Run, shitte, run.
 
Cheers.
Some dued <theodoreward@gmail.com>: Mar 27 05:35PM -0700

Looks like Ted Koppel is the new most liberally biased fake news purveyor there is!
shiite <uncdoogle@gmail.com>: Mar 27 05:56PM -0700


> You attract people who have determined ideology is more important than facts.
 
> See altie. See hugh. See con. See shitte. Run, shitte, run.
 
> Cheers.
 
You ARE allowed to think before poasting here. Koppel yearns for the good old days when 3 networks with a monolithic ideology monopolized news dissemination. Koppel's ideology doesn't fare well when faced with competition.
dotslashderek@gmail.com: Mar 27 08:03PM -0700

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 7:56:21 PM UTC-5, shiite wrote:
 
> > See altie. See hugh. See con. See shitte. Run, shitte, run.
 
> > Cheers.
 
> You ARE allowed to think before poasting here. Koppel yearns for the good old days when 3 networks with a monolithic ideology monopolized news dissemination. Koppel's ideology doesn't fare well when faced with competition.
 
 
Yeah, man, that's total Koppel. Nailed it!
 
He just wants to run with the moonbat brain washin' channel 2 hrs 5 days from Antenna Central, competition free, brought to you live and with interruptions from the VenezuAmerica Combine Socialist Brothers News Network Union.
 
Cheers.
Ken Olson <kolson@freedomnet.org>: Mar 27 11:08PM -0400


> Yeah, man, that's total Koppel. Nailed it!
 
> He just wants to run with the moonbat brain washin' channel 2 hrs 5 days from Antenna Central, competition free, brought to you live and with interruptions from the VenezuAmerica Combine Socialist Brothers News Network Union.
 
> Cheers.
 
What are you on, man? I might want some.
dotslashderek@gmail.com: Mar 27 08:29PM -0700

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 10:08:39 PM UTC-5, Ken Olson wrote:
 
> > He just wants to run with the moonbat brain washin' channel 2 hrs 5 days from Antenna Central, competition free, brought to you live and with interruptions from the VenezuAmerica Combine Socialist Brothers News Network Union.
 
> > Cheers.
 
> What are you on, man? I might want some.
 
 
Hey man I'm counting down the last ten weeks of 50+ hour grinds and happen to be stuck with a large # of sick and vacation days that won't travel, so on a fine 50 degree day like today - the sky covered from horizon to horizon with beautiful, full (fully gray) clouds - I can hardly be faulted for taking what will heretoafter and for all contractual and legal purposes be referred to as a "mental health half-day", right?
 
Did I mention "Monday Madness"? $20 for 18 w/ cart, hell of a deal. And on a day of ground and air saturation such that utmost precision is required lest every shot be fat like teh fetted freakin' calf, could one be blamed for partaking of the unusually deep whiskey pulls offered at ye olde nineteenth?
 
I think not. It goes without saying, I knows a guy that knows a guy that knows a florist.
 
Cheers.
dotslashderek@gmail.com: Mar 27 05:00PM -0700

I'll do it for a mere 10B / mile.
 
Lol @ #contiguousstructure.
 
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/27/politics/trump-border-wall-cost-distance/index.html
 
Cheers.
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj4life@gmail.com>: Mar 27 06:24PM -0700


> Lol @ #contiguousstructure.
 
> http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/27/politics/trump-border-wall-cost-distance/index.html
 
> Cheers.
 
$3k per foot by my math.
 
Gov't programs are just so damn expensive
dotslashderek@gmail.com: Mar 27 08:10PM -0700

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 8:24:42 PM UTC-5, The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote:
 
> > Cheers.
 
> $3k per foot by my math.
 
> Gov't programs are just so damn expensive
 
 
Truth.
 
Cheers.
Eric Ramon <ramon.eric@gmail.com>: Mar 27 05:49PM -0700

111 in a row or maybe it's 1829 in a row.
 
Just beat the Duck gals 90-52. In the elite 8. Ouch.
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj4life@gmail.com>: Mar 27 06:23PM -0700

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 7:49:25 PM UTC-5, Eric Ramon wrote:
> 111 in a row or maybe it's 1829 in a row.
 
> Just beat the Duck gals 90-52. In the elite 8. Ouch.
 
Yes - yes they are. Shut down one and there's two more ready to kill you. That's a superbly talented team
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Mar 27 06:33PM -0700

They're amazing.
 
I know Duke was pretty good and UNC was up and down.
 
UT and AU have dropped off the map. So, who are the other powers these days?
"the_andrew_smith@yahoo.com" <agavinsmith@gmail.com>: Mar 27 06:33PM -0700

They're amazing.
 
I know Duke was pretty good and UNC was up and down.
 
UT and AU have dropped off the map. So, who are the other powers these days?
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj4life@gmail.com>: Mar 27 06:51PM -0700

> They're amazing.
 
> I know Duke was pretty good and UNC was up and down.
 
> UT and AU have dropped off the map. So, who are the other powers these days?
 
Mississippi State & Stanford are in already - SoCar seems likely. Miss State has a wicked good point guard who's only like 5'2". Stanford is pretty big. SoCar has a couple good players
 
And I don't think any of them will can stay within 15 of Yukon
JGibson <james.m.gibson@gmail.com>: Mar 27 06:53PM -0700

> They're amazing.
 
> I know Duke was pretty good and UNC was up and down.
 
> UT and AU have dropped off the map. So, who are the other powers these days?
 
Well, the other #1 seeds this year were Notre Dame, Baylor, and South Carolina. I think Baylor and Notre Dame have been consistently up there lately.
 
Looked up Baylor. Missed F4 this year but were champs in 2011, and have made at least E8 every year since 2010. Also, have won Big 12 7 years in a row. Notre Dame missed F4 this year too, but has been to sweet 16 every year since 2010, and were runners up 4 times in the last 7 years with one more final 4 appearance in that window. 1st place ACC 4 years in a row now. And were first place in their last two years in the Big East (actually ahead of UConn).
"The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior" <iamtj4life@gmail.com>: Mar 27 07:00PM -0700

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 8:53:19 PM UTC-5, JGibson wrote:
 
> > UT and AU have dropped off the map. So, who are the other powers these days?
 
> Well, the other #1 seeds this year were Notre Dame, Baylor, and South Carolina. I think Baylor and Notre Dame have been consistently up there lately.
 
> Looked up Baylor. Missed F4 this year but were champs in 2011, and have made at least E8 every year since 2010. Also, have won Big 12 7 years in a row. Notre Dame missed F4 this year too, but has been to sweet 16 every year since 2010, and were runners up 4 times in the last 7 years with one more final 4 appearance in that window. 1st place ACC 4 years in a row now. And were first place in their last two years in the Big East (actually ahead of UConn).
 
BU has lost in the E8 4 straight years now - that's gotta sting
dnrapp <dnrapp@aol.com>: Mar 27 06:34PM -0700

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 9:50:54 AM UTC-7, michael anderson wrote:
 
> It's a joke.
 
> look at the raiders...they'd be crazy not to take the 750 million and move to Vegas. Thats 750 million dollars in cold hard cash that taxpayers are giving them.
 
> The nfl isn't a business in any real sense of the word anymore. It's just a vehicle whereby rich men can raid city and county coffers to become much richer. And the worth of their asset is dependent on that ability.
 
Vegas taxpayers aren't really giving the Raiders any money. The $750mil will come for a new hotel tax. And the money is not going to the Raiders it is going to be Vegas share of the money to build a stadium, that the Raiders will share with UNLV. They have not announced who will control the stadium bookings, that is part of the reason why the casino guy bailed for his part of the deal.
dotslashderek@gmail.com: Mar 27 05:24PM -0700

Spring practice is in full swing.
 
150 day on the effing nose until the sweetness begins again.
 
Cheers.
dotslashderek@gmail.com: Mar 27 05:29PM -0700

Doh. If ever an opportunity to use "the sweatness".
 
Nine birdies in my last 36. One eagle. Temps in the 40s. Just sayin'. :)
 
Cheers.
dotslashderek@gmail.com: Mar 27 04:57PM -0700

I agree with that, mia. When you say "this is a myth that has been debunked", I have no idea what you're talking about.
 
The aHca was intended to largely be a vehicle for some pretty YUGE tax cuts. That doesn't mean they can't pass some other tax cuts, as a standalone or (more likely) attached to some other (more appealing to the 75% who won't benefit from those tax cuts) legislation.
 
Cheers.
michael anderson <mianderson79@gmail.com>: Mar 27 03:37PM -0700

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 8:54:55 AM UTC-5, JGibson wrote:
> > My vote goes to Calipari.
 
> > Sure, he recruits bluechippers, but he turns those kids into a powerful team by the end of the year every year.
 
> As Lorenzo Romar and the Washington Huskies found out, you have to do more than recruit blue chippers.
 
the thing is though, he's about the *only* example....in college basketball, if you get the players you get the bigtime success.
You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for this group. You can change your settings on the group membership page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it send an email to rec.sport.football.college+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment